RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Not sure if others saw this

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Not sure if others saw this

Postby jellis » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:46 am

but one of the 4 locks for Detroit's bullpen is Juan rincon, I think we can safely say Detroit is no longer a contender
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Re: Not sure if others saw this

Postby artgold » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:54 pm

Yeah, I thought that they might take it all last year, but this year it looks like their pitching might make it difficult to stay above .500.
artgold
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:57 pm

The Tigers just put Willis and Zumaya on the DL to start the season...... Willis has been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder.... not nice.

Add to that Bonderman is coming back from injury, Verlander and Rodney are trying to rebound from subpar years....... that pitching staff has the potential to be a train wreck.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby indianinkslinger » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:40 pm

If you want to heap insult upon the toothless Tigers, just think that the left side of the IF and Catcher probably will not outhit Jamey Carroll. Some major talents but most are aging and no depth whatsoever. Anyone, besides me, remember all the posts about how great Leyland and Dombroski were at their jobs and we were stuck with Wedge and Shapiro. Don't see those as much any more! Would not be altogether shocked if Ozzie and Kenny Williams lose a little luster this year as well after watching the Sox in ST.
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby MadThinker88 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:01 pm

I will be willing to predict the Tigers will be in the basement for most of the season and ending the year in last.
Think the Royals will make some noise but they will need a number of breaks to finish higher than 4th.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby jellis » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:33 pm

I think there is a solid chance for the royals to end up 3rd, little doubt Detroit will be last. I read today bondermans fastball is 6 or 7 miles slower than it was a few years ago, verlander has issues and on top of that they have the worst BP in baseball. Plus there is no hope for that team in the future, outside of procello that's a barren minors and ryan perry was over drafted due to the fact he would be ready for the majors quickly and the velocity on his pitches. Perry is there number two spec, so the major league team is top heavy there minors are a bottom 5 in baseball. And in there season ticket sales went from 27K to 14K this year and I think Detroit is quickly reverting to form
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:36 pm

Add in their huge team salary and declining season ticket sales and the Tigers don't look to be in a particularly healthy situation.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby npc29 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:09 pm

Ahh love it..
npc29
Single-A Phenom

Postby Hermie13 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:45 am

Yeah I never understood why people were picking them to win it all last year let alone the division. They had no pitchng heading in and are just as bad if not worse off this year.

One bright spot for the Tiggers this year will be Porcello if he can make the jump and have a Gallaraga-like year.

There's been mention of a 'fire sale' on some sports sights if they get off to a bad start....but unless they're gonna trade Grandersen, Cabrera, or Verlander...not sure they have the goods to pull off much of a trade. Maybe Guillen and Ordonez, but they are pretty pricy for their ages....though Guillen at 3B wouldn't be bad for some teams (It'll be interesting to see how he does in the OF full-time)....
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Return to Beyond The Minors