RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Sal signs with the Rockies.....

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Sal signs with the Rockies.....

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:47 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, sooo disappointed here. ha, yes I knew there was no chance really of him coming back with Shoppach and Victor (plus Torregas/Gimenez/Santana) on the team.....but man I'm gonna miss that stache and that brilliant gamecalling (may have been the best I've EVER seen by an Indian catcher).

Good luck Sal in Colorado, hope you make the team (minor league deal) and have a good year.

Sowers is probably almost as disappointed as I am right now :s_empathy
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Re: Sal signs with the Rockies.....

Postby MadThinker88 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:51 pm

Part of me was hoping that Sowers could get dealt to wherever Sal ended up signing. Seeing that it is Colorado, I see the chance of that happening being very small now.

Colorado is already a launching pad. Putting Sowers there might qualify as 'cruel and unusual punishment'.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby jellis » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:48 pm

He deserved a job nice to see him land one
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby npc29 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:10 pm

Hermie13 wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, sooo disappointed here. ha, yes I knew there was no chance really of him coming back with Shoppach and Victor (plus Torregas/Gimenez/Santana) on the team.....but man I'm gonna miss that stache and that brilliant gamecalling (may have been the best I've EVER seen by an Indian catcher).

I think many of us share that same feeling. Probably wasn't ever going to happen, but he's such a likable guy.
npc29
Single-A Phenom

Return to Beyond The Minors