RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Al CENTRAL MOVES

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Al CENTRAL MOVES

Postby jellis » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:25 pm

no place for this yet and it seemed like ti could be useful plus it gave me a place to note this

Detroit finally has a closer Brandon Lyon 1 yr 4.25 mil, as some one who had lyon on there fantasy team last year it feels like a lateral move for det, but then again with as bad as that pen is Lyon will make it better
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Re: Al CENTRAL MOVES

Postby GhostofTedCox » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:32 pm

That's an improvement for the Tigers. But I don't think they have improved overall this off-season. I'll take the Indians pitching staff and a deep bully over the Tigers by a wide margin. We are a better team overall. (if Hafner makes a comeback).
GhostofTedCox
Single-A Phenom

Postby MadThinker88 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:25 pm

I really do think the Lyons move will help Detroit. At worst, its more depth for the backend of the bullpen.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TheWord » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:34 pm

I love this move from the Indians perspective.

The Tigers just added a guy with a 4.70 ERA with a WHIP near 1.5. Good news for us if you ask me.

Career K/9 ratio is only about 5 and a BAA of about .285.

I'd love to see him come on in the late innings, especially moving to a better league against better offenses.
TheWord
Rookie Baller

Postby cardiackidz » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:32 am

in my opinion chicago is the most interesting team so far in the AL Central. i say that because they have really done nothing to help their big league club. kenny williams is usually one of the more active GM's in baseball during the winter.now their have been plenty of white sox rumors but nothing came of any of them.
cardiackidz
Rookie Baller

Postby Hermie13 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:23 am

Both the White Sox and Twins are kinda 'scaring' me I guess you could say. Neither has done much of anything.....and both have pieces they could trade and some payroll flexibility to pull off a big move. If the White Sox can get a legit leadoff guy they'll be a force again.....but without one (as they are now) I don't see them being higher than 3rd place this year.

Twins if they add a big bat for 3B and another bullpen arm or two could be right back in the playoff hunt yet again. Scary thing with them is their OF depth right now. They could easily trade Delmon Young or one other one for a 3B or bullpen guy. SS is still an area of conern I'd think, but they have some guys that can handle it and play decent defense.

Royals and Tigers have made some good moves for their clubs....but pitching is still a HUGE concern for both. Not really worried at all about either.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Return to Beyond The Minors