RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Hafner update

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Hafner update

Postby TonyIBI » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:12 pm

Indians DH TRAVIS HAFNER recently underwent a 12-week re-check in Birmingham, Alabama with Dr James Andrews. Andrews performed an arthroscopic debridement (clean out) of Hafner’s right shoulder joint in Birmingham on October 14th.

Travis continues to progress well from the procedure and has been cleared by Dr. Andrews to initiate pre-hitting activities at Progressive Field this week. These activities will culminate with a return to hitting program in mid-January.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Re: Hafner update

Postby GhostofTedCox » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:21 pm

Good news, I guess. I worry that a DH that hasn't swung a bat in 6 months will be game ready by opening day. If he isn't, there's a big hole in the lineup.
GhostofTedCox
Single-A Phenom

Postby cardiackidz » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:48 pm

pronk will be ready if hes's healthy.
cardiackidz
Rookie Baller

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:54 am

Consigliere wrote:Indians DH TRAVIS HAFNER recently underwent a 12-week re-check in Birmingham, Alabama with Dr James Andrews. Andrews performed an arthroscopic debridement (clean out) of Hafner’s right shoulder joint in Birmingham on October 14th.

Travis continues to progress well from the procedure and has been cleared by Dr. Andrews to initiate pre-hitting activities at Progressive Field this week. These activities will culminate with a return to hitting program in mid-January.

I read this online too. ha...so mid-january....so a week or two? (why not just say that?)

I know I'm overly optimistic....but I see big things from Hafner this year. Maybe not 2006 big, but 2007 at least......
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Return to Beyond The Minors