RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

2013 Predictions

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

2013 Predictions

Postby daingean » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:51 am

AL East

Baltimore - Think last year was the start of an Orioles run
Toronto - Will take time for team to mesh....if they had a better manager I'd pick them to win it
Tampa - Will give Toronto a run for 2nd
Boston
Yankees - too many holes

AL Central

Tiggers - Still think they are beatable because of BP and I'm not sold on Leyland as manager anymore
Tribe - Will give Tiggers run for their money....I'd like to pick them first ... I really would
Royals - I see them getting off to a slow start but late season run will fall short
Chi-Sux
Twinkies

AL West

Anaheim - Really should run away with it
Texas - Will miss Hamilton in the middle of line-up
Mariners - Takes a step forward
Athletics - Think last year was a mirage
Astros - Welcome to the AL

Wild Cards: Indians over Blue Jays
AL Division: Angels over Tribe and Orioles over Tiggers
ALCS: Angels over O's

NL East

Braves - Think this team will be improved enough to overtake the Nats (bullpen will be the difference)
Natinals - Very good team
Phillies - starting to fade as age catches up with team
Mets
Marlins

NL Central

Reds
Brewers
Pirates - first winning record since Bonds days
Cards
Cubs

NL West

Giants - best manager in baseball
Dodgers
Diamondbacks
Padres
Rockies

Wild Cards: Dodgers over Nats
NL DIvision: Braves over Dodgers and Reds over Giants
NLCS: Reds over Braves

World Series: Angels over Reds

AL Cy Young: David Price
AL MVP: Mike Trout
AL Rookie of Year: Bundy

NL Cy Young: Halladay
NL MVP: Votto
NL ROY: Julio Teheran
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Re: 2013 Predictions

Postby GeronimoSon » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:55 pm

This was posted in an annual $ 10 pool that's been ongoing for about 13 years now.. As of now, there are 170 people in it and it's winner take all...points are assigned each level.. highest points wins...WS = 100 points, LCS = 50 points..etc.. so on.. money and predictions have to be in hand by first pitch on opening day.. where ever that is... Predictions are consolidated and posted for all to see.. BTW.. if you want to change something.. too bad.. lol..anyway..

Here were / are my predictions:

AL East: Tampa Bay Rays
AL Central: Cleveland Indians
AL West: Anaheim Angels of Los Angeles but not Orange County

AL WC Home Team: Toronto Blue Jays
AL WC Away Team: Texas Rangers

AL WC Win or Go Homer Winner: Toronto Blue Jays

ALDS Cleveland Over LAA
ALDS Toronto Over Tampa

'ALCS Cleveland over Toronto

NL East: Washington Nationals
NL Central: Cincinnati Reds
NL West: Los Angeles Dodgers

NL WC Home Team: SF Giants
NL WC Away Team: St Louis Cardinals

NL WC Win or Go Homer Winner: St Louis Cardinals

NLDS Nationals over the Cardinals
NLDS Reds over the Dodgers

NLCS Cincinnati over the Nationals

WS Cleveland Indians over the Cincinnati Reds !..

Channeling Flounder of "Animal House" fame: "...Oh boy I hope I score..."
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:19 pm

AL East:
1. Rays - lost Shields but I still love their pitching and Maddon is one of (if not the) best managers in the game.
2. Blue Jays - Big adds but bullpen has questions and lots of guys coming to the AL from the NL...
3. Yankees - Age and injuries are there but they're the Yanks and somehow they find a way...usually with money.
4. Orioles - Think last year was a big fluke. They need to win all those 1 run games/extra inning games again and don't see it.
5. Red Sox - Tough division.

AL Central:
1. Tigers - hate to say it, but think only injury stops them from taking division
2. Royals - I think Shields was one of the best pickups of the offseason
3. Indians - Could win...or could be 4th. Pitching will tell.
4. White Sox - Just don't see much improvement if any from last year, whereas the Tribe and Royals have.
5. Twins - Rebuilding...

AL West:
1. Angels - Trout for a whole year and added Hamilton. Think their rotation is a bit thin after losing Greinke though.
2. Athletics - Like their pitching and think they'll be in it til the end.
3. Rangers - Will need to make a big move during the season IMO to get into the playoffs.
4. Mariners - Still don't see a winning club here.
5. Astros - 115 loses?

Wild Cards: Blue Jays and Yankees

NL East:
1. Nationals - Great rotation, great lineup, great pen...may be team to beat in all of baseball.
2. Braves - Need guys to step up in the rotation; their pen could be hurting if Venters misses time (seeing Dr. Andrews).
3. Phillies - Revere was a nice add but not much else over last year's squad. Tough top 2 to beat.
4. Mets - At least they locked up Wright...
5. Marlins - If Stanton stays the whole year maybe they don't lose 100 games.

NL Central:
1. Reds - Had one huge hole last year and that was the leadoff spot. If Choo or Bruce can handle CF they are right their with the Nats.
2. Cardinals - Always find a way to win and will be right there fighting for a wild card spot.
3. Pirates - Flirt with .500 and think they can get it this year.
4. Brewers - Added Lohse but still not that great a team. What happens if Braun gets suspended?
5. Cubs - Not this year.

NL West:
1. Giants - Dodgers are flashier but like this team better.
2. Dodgers - Spent a ton but still holes on the infield.
3. Diamondbacks - Their pitching will keep them in games and they could surprise but the OF isn't looking good/healthy at this point.
4. Padres - Fences are coming in so will be interesting to see how things shake out.
5. Rockies - Not much to like here. Maybe Pomeranz finally lives up to his hype.

Wild Cards: Braves and Dodgers

World Series: Nationals over Angels
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby daingean » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:47 am

One of the things to watch this year is Tampa.....Is Madden a good enough manager to not let the Human Clubhouse Destroyer (Yunel Escobar) from ruining the Rays' season?
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby danh8 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:45 pm

I'm with G'son. Indians take the WS.
danh8
Rookie Baller

Postby GeronimoSon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:54 pm

danh8 wrote:I'm with G'son. Indians take the WS.

+ 1
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby indians1 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:52 pm

I think it really depends on if trevor bauer makes it and is an impact pitcher. WE need Bauer to have a Carmona like season (as he did in 2007).

I think he is the difference between this team finishing 3rd or 4th or finishing 1st or 2nd.
Ubaldo pitched well yesterday, but i have a tough time believing that this team will win the division with ubaldo as our true #2.
If bauer becomes the impact guy many are predicting and masterson pitches well, then Ubaldo can be a very good #3. We will see how good Kasmir is this year but i would bet on him being the guy that gets replaced in the rotation.
indians1
Draft Prospect

Postby MadThinker88 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:25 pm

Ubaldo pitches like last night all season and we WILL see him as an effective #2. Come on 1 run allowed over 6 IP and only 2 walks. Wanting better could easily fall into nit picking....
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby indians1 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:09 am

We will not compete for the division if Ubaldo is our #2. He pitched well yesterday but he still wasn't efficient. We need him to be more than a 6 inning pitcher.

I said it last year and i'll say this year. If we are depending on masterson and ubaldo to be our #1 and #2 guys, we are not going to beat chicago or detroit.

We need a guy like trevor bauer to emerge and be dominant.
indians1
Draft Prospect

Postby GhostofTedCox » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:06 pm

Here's a prediction for you: Mark Reynolds could have a monster year at Progressive Field. (provided he makes contact).

I know it's very early, but I think we can all agree he's off to a good start. As I was watching the game, and his highlights, I noticed hit hits to LF are not exactly line drives. They're moon shots.

It made me wonder if the LF wall in Progressive Field will be kind to him.
I looked at some of his BIP charts, and yes indeed, that wall should lead to more HR's and 2B's for him. It looks as if his production would have been better at the Prog than even hitter friendly Oriole Park.

Keep your fingers crossed.
GhostofTedCox
Single-A Phenom

Postby homerawayfromhome » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:38 pm

GhostofTedCox wrote:Here's a prediction for you: Mark Reynolds could have a monster year at Progressive Field. (provided he makes contact).

I know it's very early, but I think we can all agree he's off to a good start. As I was watching the game, and his highlights, I noticed hit hits to LF are not exactly line drives. They're moon shots.

It made me wonder if the LF wall in Progressive Field will be kind to him.
I looked at some of his BIP charts, and yes indeed, that wall should lead to more HR's and 2B's for him. It looks as if his production would have been better at the Prog than even hitter friendly Oriole Park.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Agreed, I think I predicted 30-35 hrs for Reynolds this yr. I'm starting to wonder could he hit 40? I know, way early for that but he's got massive power. Either way 30 / 40 hrs I'd be happy, obviously more so with 40, I don't think it's out of he realm of possibility he gets 70+ XBH.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Return to Beyond The Minors