RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

MLB Hot Stove

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Re: MLB Hot Stove

Postby SwisherBuck11 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:54 pm

Carl Crawford out for the rest of ST with Elbow injury, could miss opening series as well
SwisherBuck11
Draft Prospect

Postby SwisherBuck11 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:41 pm

Apparentley the old man at SS for the Cards looks pretty bad, could re-open trades with St. Louis for Acab but i doubt it
SwisherBuck11
Draft Prospect

Postby GeronimoSon » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:07 pm

SwisherBuck11 wrote:Apparentley the old man at SS for the Cards looks pretty bad, could re-open trades with St. Louis for Acab but i doubt it
Push is going to come to shove with the Cardinals middle infield mess. Whether there is discussion or not between the Indians and the Cardinals seems remote with Asdrubal now heading to Venezuela to be the starting SS for his country...
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby SwisherBuck11 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:26 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:
SwisherBuck11 wrote:Apparentley the old man at SS for the Cards looks pretty bad, could re-open trades with St. Louis for Acab but i doubt it
Push is going to come to shove with the Cardinals middle infield mess. Whether there is discussion or not between the Indians and the Cardinals seems remote with Asdrubal now heading to Venezuela to be the starting SS for his country...

i just dont see it for the simple reason we've made the moves to try to contend it doesn't make sense to take one of the biggest pieces out unless you're getting a major haul
SwisherBuck11
Draft Prospect

Postby BrianM » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:36 pm

SwisherBuck11 wrote:
GeronimoSon wrote:

i just dont see it for the simple reason we've made the moves to try to contend it doesn't make sense to take one of the biggest pieces out unless you're getting a major haul

I forget where I had read it, but I read that the Indians never really planned on trying to put together a contending until the Choo deal. When they were able to land Bauer without giving up ACab, they changed their philosophy a bit. With the addition of Swisher, you could argue that we had a team capable of competing. Now that we have added Bourn, we definitely have a team capable of competing, but every analyst seems to think our pitching will prevent us form being much more than a 80-85 win team. With the addition of Bourn and the presence of Aviles, Cabrera may be expendable again.

Thanks to GSON, everyone on these boards know that no 2 teams have more ML ready pitching than the Cards and the Mariners. I dont think ACab gets traded, and I basically agree with you, but if were talking about acquiring Miller or Rosenthal, maybe we should be more concerned about next year and the years beyond rather than this year. It's not like we have any major free agents to be after this season. I am still definitely willing to trade ACab if we could find a potential FOR to fill the rotation in for 2014 and beyond. Plus, I still am not sold on Asdrubal for some reason. If Aviles was given the starting job at SS, I don't know if there would be a significant drop in production from what I expect from ACAB. I'm still surprised we landed Aviles for Rogers.

I know everyone is sick of the ACab trade talks, but I dont think they will ever be dead. So many teams need MI help.
BrianM
Rookie Baller

Postby homerawayfromhome » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:04 am

I think trading ACab is something they'll revisit in June / July. If they did it, it would have to bring back a top flight haul and the tribe would have to be out of it.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby GeronimoSon » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:50 pm

BrianM: There's a LOT to like about the drafting and development of the players in the Cardinals system. They are perennial contenders in the NL Central and have one of the best, if not THEE best, fan base in all of baseball. They have a significant need and we have a significant surplus. Time will tell..

homerawayfromhome wrote:I think trading ACab is something they'll revisit in June / July. If they did it, it would have to bring back a top flight haul and the tribe would have to be out of it.

I keep going back to the Joe Strause (St Louis Post Dispatch) article/questions w/ tacit reference to John Mozielak's position regarding the Cardinals situation at SS. Here is the meat of that story:

...Do you think guys like Lance Lynn and Matt Adams could serve as the pillars of a deal with the Indians? Do you think 'Mo' would trade from our RH pitching strength to find a long-term solution at SS?

Follow-up question: Joe, what odds do you have on one or two of these four pitchers being in a different organization come spring training: Kelly, Lynn, Rosenthal, Miller?

STRAUSS: I do believe the Cardinals' interest in Asdrubal Cabrera real. With such a flimsy free agent market for shortstops, a number of teams are intrigued by Cabrera if the Indians are indeed willing to shop him.

To compete for Cabrera, the Cardinals would have to part with multiple prospects. One of the names you mention would certainly be introduced into talks by the Tribe. The Cardinals' willingness to part with a current or future member of their starting rotation would then be tested.

This much is known: the club will not expose itself at shortstop to the same degree as it did this year. Whether or not Rafael Furcal requires surgery, he will not be viewed as a 145-game player in 2013. The team requires at least depth at the position. With Furcal's contract set to expire after next season, GM John Mozeliak can't ignore landing a potential long-term answer via trade.

Should that not pan out, a short-term fix becomes more palatable. My information is that Mozeliak does not envision Pete Kozma as a starting option. He projects as a utility middle infielder.

It later came out that the Indians wanted to add another prospect to the two or three Cardinals prospects and that was the straw that broke the camel's back. No further quotes were seen subsequent to John Mozielak's quote that the Indians are asking too much... The name that was mentioned that created the "camel's broken back" was was Matt Carpenter, but I can't find the reference to it anywhere.. If the deal as proposed w/o Carpenter was presented again (Kelly/Lynn/Adams). I believe the Indians would have to give it serious consideration.. (btw..I would have taken that deal, period. If the Cards would have thrown in someone like Kozma or Garcia, even better. If Carpenter was included, then this would make the deal an absolute steal)...

thoughts?
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby BrianM » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:51 pm

A guy from the STL Dispatch was on the baseball tonight podcast this morning. They talked about the Furcal injury.

He mentioned
-The Cards are more focused on finding a longer term solution at the trade deadline or next winter
-They don't really like their internal options, though they are willing to work with them for a bit
-When Olney asked specifically about players that were targeted, ACab was mentioned as the guy they really liked
-He said Cleveland asked for young pitching, which they have a surplus
-Cards know they may have to part with high profile prospects, but hope they can gain some leverage to avoid that
-Cards had talked to Rockies about Tulo and Rangers about Andrus
-Hardy also mentioned as midseason option
BrianM
Rookie Baller

Postby homerawayfromhome » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:03 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:BrianM: There's a LOT to like about the drafting and development of the players in the Cardinals system. They are perennial contenders in the NL Central and have one of the best, if not THEE best, fan base in all of baseball. They have a significant need and we have a significant surplus. Time will tell..

homerawayfromhome wrote:I think trading ACab is something they'll revisit in June / July. If they did it, it would have to bring back a top flight haul and the tribe would have to be out of it.

I keep going back to the Joe Strause (St Louis Post Dispatch) article/questions w/ tacit reference to John Mozielak's position regarding the Cardinals situation at SS. Here is the meat of that story:

...Do you think guys like Lance Lynn and Matt Adams could serve as the pillars of a deal with the Indians? Do you think 'Mo' would trade from our RH pitching strength to find a long-term solution at SS?

Follow-up question: Joe, what odds do you have on one or two of these four pitchers being in a different organization come spring training: Kelly, Lynn, Rosenthal, Miller?

STRAUSS: I do believe the Cardinals' interest in Asdrubal Cabrera real. With such a flimsy free agent market for shortstops, a number of teams are intrigued by Cabrera if the Indians are indeed willing to shop him.

To compete for Cabrera, the Cardinals would have to part with multiple prospects. One of the names you mention would certainly be introduced into talks by the Tribe. The Cardinals' willingness to part with a current or future member of their starting rotation would then be tested.

This much is known: the club will not expose itself at shortstop to the same degree as it did this year. Whether or not Rafael Furcal requires surgery, he will not be viewed as a 145-game player in 2013. The team requires at least depth at the position. With Furcal's contract set to expire after next season, GM John Mozeliak can't ignore landing a potential long-term answer via trade.

Should that not pan out, a short-term fix becomes more palatable. My information is that Mozeliak does not envision Pete Kozma as a starting option. He projects as a utility middle infielder.

It later came out that the Indians wanted to add another prospect to the two or three Cardinals prospects and that was the straw that broke the camel's back. No further quotes were seen subsequent to John Mozielak's quote that the Indians are asking too much... The name that was mentioned that created the "camel's broken back" was was Matt Carpenter, but I can't find the reference to it anywhere.. If the deal as proposed w/o Carpenter was presented again (Kelly/Lynn/Adams). I believe the Indians would have to give it serious consideration.. (btw..I would have taken that deal, period. If the Cards would have thrown in someone like Kozma or Garcia, even better. If Carpenter was included, then this would make the deal an absolute steal)...

thoughts?

You mean the Indians and Cards have talked? :confused

It's funny how every thing I head out STL it was the Tribe and Cards deal that fell through. Hoynes tells it differently...not really worth talking about, but I believe what I heard coming out of STL.

Seriously though, the Cards WILL have to meet the Tribes demand. They'd have to be bowled over right now but I think if they tank (bc of pitching) they'll flip ACab for a few young arms or at least one comparable to Bauer.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby SwisherBuck11 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:14 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:BrianM: There's a LOT to like about the drafting and development of the players in the Cardinals system. They are perennial contenders in the NL Central and have one of the best, if not THEE best, fan base in all of baseball. They have a significant need and we have a significant surplus. Time will tell..

thoughts?

im pretty sure that was the Phillies that the deal broke through with not the Cardinals
SwisherBuck11
Draft Prospect

Postby homerawayfromhome » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:45 pm

SwisherBuck11 wrote:

thoughts?

im pretty sure that was the Phillies that the deal broke through with not the Cardinals

I've heard both, Hoynes says Phillies but there was a ton of speculation / rumors it was the Cards. Fwiw, there were three cards reporters saying the same. Good chance the Tribe talked with both but didn't get their deal until they landed Bauer from Dbax.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:22 pm

IMO the earliest the Tribe unloads ACab is at the trading deadline (which FWIW wouldn't surprise me).
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby homerawayfromhome » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:21 pm

A.Zajac wrote:IMO the earliest the Tribe unloads ACab is at the trading deadline (which FWIW wouldn't surprise me).

Completely agree, they are precarious situation...tension between now and the future. They've made moves for both, and have to see expiring contracts of solid commodities as tradeable assets.

At this point though, I'd tend to focus on the now. This will be an exciting team should be a fun yr even if it means losing some of our favorite talent in order to bring in more and to become / remain competitive in the future.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby GeronimoSon » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:52 am

homerawayfromhome wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:IMO the earliest the Tribe unloads ACab is at the trading deadline (which FWIW wouldn't surprise me).

Completely agree, they are precarious situation...tension between now and the future. They've made moves for both, and have to see expiring contracts of solid commodities as tradeable assets.

At this point though, I'd tend to focus on the now. This will be an exciting team should be a fun yr even if it means losing some of our favorite talent in order to bring in more and to become / remain competitive in the future.

Isn't that the conundrum???.. Does CA look at an opportunity to acquire the kind of arms needed to compete for 8-10 years while sacrificing 80% of what he & Tito already have on today's team.. (80% = the approximated overall difference in performance between starting and playing Asdrubal Cabrera and Mike Aviles)? FWIW.. I'd go with the 80 % and would possibly include highly ranked prospect(s) for "near ML ready" & ML ready MOR/FOR SP arm(s).. The risk in being right in who comes and goes.. remains..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby SwisherBuck11 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:15 am

Bauer didnt look so hot today, 2 ER in 3 IP but when you consider he was facing guys who will probably never see the majors it just looks worse
SwisherBuck11
Draft Prospect

Postby GoTribe028 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:22 am

SwisherBuck11 wrote:Bauer didnt look so hot today, 2 ER in 3 IP but when you consider he was facing guys who will probably never see the majors it just looks worse

Yeah they should probably just release him now. Bust.
Follow me on Twitter @GoTribe028 for useless and random tweets.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby SwisherBuck11 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:24 am

GoTribe028 wrote:
SwisherBuck11 wrote:Bauer didnt look so hot today, 2 ER in 3 IP but when you consider he was facing guys who will probably never see the majors it just looks worse

yeah because those were my exact words. Why dont you actually try to make 1 intelligent post in you're life? :lol Its sad people like you have nothing for them in life except to troll a message board :lol
SwisherBuck11
Draft Prospect

Postby homerawayfromhome » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:52 am

GoTribe028 wrote:

Good thing he only costed Lars Anderson. :biggrin

Getting Stubbs, Albers and Shaw was pretty solid all things consider for Choo.

Btw, completely agree what a bum...
Maybe they should convert him to OF. :rolleyes
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby GeronimoSon » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:23 am

SwisherBuck11 wrote:yeah because those were my exact words. Why dont you actually try to make 1 intelligent post in you're life? :lol Its sad people like you have nothing for them in life except to troll a message board :lol

Question: Do two half way intelligent postings make up a whole ????
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby TheWord » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:28 pm

SwisherBuck11 wrote:
GoTribe028 wrote:

yeah because those were my exact words. Why dont you actually try to make 1 intelligent post in you're life? :lol Its sad people like you have nothing for them in life except to troll a message board :lol

Says the guy who's been banned from multiple Cleveland message boards.
TheWord
Rookie Baller

Postby SwisherBuck11 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:39 pm

TheWord wrote:
SwisherBuck11 wrote:
GoTribe028 wrote:

Says the guy who's been banned from multiple Cleveland message boards.

Considering this is the only message board i've posted on you're 100% wrong
but i can tell from you're short time here you have alot of experianced about being banned
SwisherBuck11
Draft Prospect

Postby SwisherBuck11 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:43 pm

Its no wonder why players like Chris Perez rip into our fan base with so many fucking POS morons like Azajac and Gotribe who cant even spell the word baseball let alone thinking they know a damn thing about the game. Guess what fucktards not every single player is the second comming of jesus christ and yes you are allowed to call out bad performances if you dont like it then get the fuck out and stop following sports all together pansies. My god never seen a bigger bunch of fucking cry babies in my entire life
SwisherBuck11
Draft Prospect

Postby GeronimoSon » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:08 pm

SwisherBuck11 wrote:Its no wonder why players like Chris Perez rip into our fan base with so many fucking POS morons like Azajac and Gotribe who cant even spell the word baseball let alone thinking they know a damn thing about the game. Guess what fucktards not every single player is the second comming of jesus christ and yes you are allowed to call out bad performances if you dont like it then get the fuck out and stop following sports all together pansies. My god never seen a bigger bunch of fucking cry babies in my entire life

Can you not sugar coat your feelings and tell us what you really think?...

Come on Swish.. so much water off a ducks back.. let it go and move onto something productive..such as.. Why would the Indians save Bauer for one extra season.. He's gonna be a three/four year flash and gone.. he's not big enough to maintain the durability necessary to have a long career, so get what you can while you can.. and move on...
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby TheWord » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:22 pm

Same MO on every board.

So confrontational...So angry

Looked familiar to me...

343Kent
Buckeye Recruit
44 posts this site
Ignore this Member

Posted: 3/3/2013 4:20 PM
Re: 2013 Cleveland Indians Season Thread
Turns out the SS for the Cards has looked very bad, could re-open the trade talks between Cleveland and Cardinals for ACab

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=145&f=31 ... 316044&p=2

Thought he didn't post on any other boards?
TheWord
Rookie Baller

Postby A.Zajac » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:00 pm

SwisherBuck11 wrote:Its no wonder why players like Chris Perez rip into our fan base with so many fucking POS morons like Azajac and Gotribe who cant even spell the word baseball let alone thinking they know a damn thing about the game. Guess what fucktards not every single player is the second comming of jesus christ and yes you are allowed to call out bad performances if you dont like it then get the fuck out and stop following sports all together pansies. My god never seen a bigger bunch of fucking cry babies in my entire life

Considering you've spelled BORAS as "Borass", MCALLISTER as "McCalister", THEMSELVES as "themselfs", and so forth.. you want to rip spelling? Moron... Fucktards? Pansies? How old are you? 14? And why am I being grouped as a cry baby when I've done nothing but support this off-season? Do you even pay attention to what's being said? Or are you incapable of reading and lack basic comprehension skills?
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby SwisherBuck11 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:18 pm

A.Zajac wrote:

Considering you've spelled BORAS as "Borass", MCALLISTER as "McCalister", THEMSELVES as "themselfs", and so forth.. you want to rip spelling? Moron... Fucktards? Pansies? How old are you? 14? And why am I being grouped as a cry baby when I've done nothing but support this off-season? Do you even pay attention to what's being said? Or are you incapable of reading and lack basic comprehension skills?

Hey fucktard you do know Borass was intentional since he's as an ass like yourself right? What the fuck have you ever supported ? all ive seen you is whine cry bitch piss and moan and attack other posters like your some baseball know it all when you dont know jackshit
SwisherBuck11
Draft Prospect

Postby SwisherBuck11 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:19 pm

TheWord wrote:Same MO on every board.

So confrontational...So angry

Looked familiar to me...

343Kent
Buckeye Recruit
44 posts this site
Ignore this Member

Posted: 3/3/2013 4:20 PM
Re: 2013 Cleveland Indians Season Thread
Turns out the SS for the Cards has looked very bad, could re-open the trade talks between Cleveland and Cardinals for ACab

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=145&f=31 ... 316044&p=2

Thought he didn't post on any other boards?

i dont post on any other boards, how sad is your life your obsessed with someone named 343kent?
SwisherBuck11
Draft Prospect

Postby A.Zajac » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:20 pm

SwisherBuck11 wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:

Hey fucktard you do know Borass was intentional since he's as an ass like yourself right? What the fuck have you ever supported ? all ive seen you is whine cry bitch piss and moan and attack other posters like your some baseball know it all when you dont know jackshit

I will be getting you banned. Farewell.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby SwisherBuck11 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:22 pm

A.Zajac wrote:
SwisherBuck11 wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:

I will be getting you banned. Farewell.

yeah i guarntee that wont happen, but good luck with that numbnuts. Theres more then enough info to get yourself banned.
SwisherBuck11
Draft Prospect

Postby MadThinker88 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:10 pm

SwisherBuck11 wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:I will be getting you banned. Farewell.

yeah i guarntee that wont happen, but good luck with that numbnuts. Theres more then enough info to get yourself banned.

Actually Swisherbuck11, AZajac does have the juice to make it happen along with a few others on this board/ forum. Don't look at a person's post count, look at their ranking and how long they were a member of the site/ forum. Those here since the beginning have a vested interest in keeping the site alive and viable moving forward.

I'm not coming out in support or against a ban. I am saying that ideas and points can be made without foul language. I've read some posts on this board and wondered which villages were missing people at that moment. Part of the reason this site is as good as it is - anyone can read the posts, not everyone has the ability to post or chime in.

I think it was Eisenhower that said: 'its better to remain silent and have people think you are an idiot then to speak and remove all doubt.'
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby homerawayfromhome » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:23 pm

MadThinker88 wrote:
SwisherBuck11 wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:I will be getting you banned. Farewell.

Actually Swisherbuck11, AZajac does have the juice to make it happen along with a few others on this board/ forum. Don't look at a person's post count, look at their ranking and how long they were a member of the site/ forum. Those here since the beginning have a vested interest in keeping the site alive and viable moving forward.

I'm not coming out in support or against a ban. I am saying that ideas and points can be made without foul language. I've read some posts on this board and wondered which villages were missing people at that moment. Part of the reason this site is as good as it is - anyone can read the posts, not everyone has the ability to post or chime in.

I think it was Eisenhower that said: 'its better to remain silent and have people think you are an idiot then to speak and remove all doubt.'

Well said, I'm guessing some like myself watched for a while before ever partaking.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby MadThinker88 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:33 pm

Meanwhile I'm the greybeard. After Tony started the site, I was among the first couple people to signup and post......
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TheWord » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:53 pm

This has always been a place for intelligent discussion above the average message board, and while I don't post nearly as much as I used to for occupational purposes, I still think this is one of the better board around if you want to really talk baseball.

Knowing this poster, who has an obvious history on other boards that I do frequent as well...it's obvious what needs to be done.
TheWord
Rookie Baller

Postby homerawayfromhome » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Thinking out loud here...

Rumors swirling the Cubs will trade Carlos Marmol before the end of ST. Also, that the Tigers want a closer... Could this lead to a Rick Porcello deal? Maybe not, but could be a cpl deals brewing before ST ends that could affect the AL Central and the Indians.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby GeronimoSon » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:19 pm

homerawayfromhome wrote:Thinking out loud here...

Rumors swirling the Cubs will trade Carlos Marmol before the end of ST. Also, that the Tigers want a closer... Could this lead to a Rick Porcello deal? Maybe not, but could be a cpl deals brewing before ST ends that could affect the AL Central and the Indians.
There are always a few minor deals, but, seldom a block buster.. perhaps this year will be different? Marmol on the Tigers and no Porcello ?? Sign me up for some of that..

Also, does the phrase: ".. we will be visiting Dr Andrews Wednesday morning to determine the extent of the injury.." come to mind as an impetus for a Spring Training trade?.. Perhaps this Furcal-cat that was in the bag.. isn't domiciled there any longer..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby A.Zajac » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:03 pm

The thing about these boards is I've been around these parts for four years now and in those four years, I've come to think of many of you as a second family. We're a close group who love our team and are passionate about the game. We may not always see eye to eye, but we respect each others opinions.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:50 am

Good Lord, I don't know where all of that came from....but I deactivated SwisherBuck. Zero tolerance when it comes to that kind of language and aggression. Obviously a great many of you felt that way too as I got private reports from 12 others that took offense to his posts.

I'll be back on more once the season starts.......and I am also going to assign a few mods to the boards just for stuff like this. Sorry everyone!
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby danh8 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:30 am

I'm sure we have many capable and willing ..but, although I don't post frequently I am around and reading with regularity, and have moderated on a few other boards over the years. So, if you do need any support in terms of moderating, let me know.. I would be willing to help you out, Tony.
danh8
Rookie Baller

Postby daingean » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:29 am

Some people just come in to see how long it will take to get banned. It's like a game to them. When he came in there was an aggressiveness. He was looking to bait someone into a message board fight. I stopped reading/responding to him because of what I perceived was his intention.
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:48 pm

Yeah, over the years I've learned to just ignore the posts that are blatant trolling to pick a fight. Granted, it is damn hard to do at times, but it's hard for a guy to get everyone worked up if no one responds to him.

In any case, I have assigned Zajac as a moderator. It was an obvious decision given his presence on the boards and his contributions he makes to the site. Also, Dan, I''ll shoot you a PM.

Really though, we don't need much moderation here. It is not a board that focuses so much on bringing in hoards of people. And for the most part we have done well in keeping the idiots away. I prefer quality over quantity so if we have 400 members and 50 or so really active, that's fine because the quality of the posts are great. You get what you pay for when you draw in a few 1000 members and have 100s of active posters.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby MadThinker88 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:15 pm

TonyIPI wrote:Really though, we don't need much moderation here. It is not a board that focuses so much on bringing in hoards of people. And for the most part we have done well in keeping the idiots away. I prefer quality over quantity so if we have 400 members and 50 or so really active, that's fine because the quality of the posts are great. You get what you pay for when you draw in a few 1000 members and have 100s of active posters.

And then I look over at the rankings to find out I got demoted from HOF to AA Hotshot....... Time to start cranking out the postings again.... :lol
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby timdav » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:30 am

Apparently the Rangers have said no to Kyle Lohse.

Do you guys think the Tribe might get a shot at Lohse on a fewer years, less-money contract with the player still unsigned this "late" in Spring training?
timdav
Draft Prospect

Postby GoTribe028 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:06 am

timdav wrote:Apparently the Rangers have said no to Kyle Lohse.

Do you guys think the Tribe might get a shot at Lohse on a fewer years, less-money contract with the player still unsigned this "late" in Spring training?

Do I think the Indians have a real chance to sign him? Yes. Do I think the Indians will sign him? No, not unless his demands REALLY come down. Until he signs elsewhere I do believe the Indians are there. Some reports have indicated that he's looking for a 3 year deal (originally 4 years I believe) but for high $ amounts.

Personally I believe he eventually gets a simliar deal to what Westbrook got from us a few years ago, I think 3 years 33 million? That wont come from the Indians unless they move some money or the Dolans have decided they can eat some more money until some salary can be moved.
Last edited by GoTribe028 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GeronimoSon » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:11 am

hmmm.. do they have a shot.. Well, before homer went off the deep end regarding future construction of the Mike Mcdade wing of the HOF in Cooperstown, he suggested a two or three year type deal (coincidentally, what has been bandied about regarding what Scott Boras is attempting to get Lohse signed for) with a low first year value and subsequent back loading to an AAV that meets whatever criteria is being met. IDK what it is, but it's pay him later. The Indians have been consistently mentioned as a possible landing spot for no other reason than they're not saying no.. and, not saying yes, but, who's listening at that point???

Can the Indians sign Kyle Lohse for the 2013 season?: The simple answer is yes..

Will the Indians sign Kyle Lohse for the 2013 season?: The not so simple answer is: if he's a below market signing / value, then the "Moneyball" approach will take effect. So, the answer has to remain as a maybe..

Should the Indians sign Kyle Lohse for the 2013 season?: The "good will" that has accompanied the signings of Michael Bourn, Nick Swisher, Mark Reynolds, trades for Shaw/Albers/Bauer/Aviles, etc. etc. cumulatively say the Indians are going all in for the prize. One MOR/FOR SP (Lohse is more of a # 3 to # 2 SP that a # 2/#1 SP) would make this town forget what the team colors are for that miserable franchise that plays at First Energy Field wears

Good question.. perhaps.. :wink
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby GoTribe028 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:25 am

GeronimoSon wrote:

hmmm.. do they have a shot.. Well, before homer went off the deep end regarding future construction of the Mike Mcdade wing of the HOF in Cooperstown, he suggested a two or three year type deal (coincidentally, what has been bandied about regarding what Scott Boras is attempting to get Lohse signed for) with a low first year value and subsequent back loading to an AAV that meets whatever criteria is being met. IDK what it is, but it's pay him later. The Indians have been consistently mentioned as a possible landing spot for no other reason than they're not saying no.. and, not saying yes, but, who's listening at that point???

Can the Indians sign Kyle Lohse for the 2013 season?: The simple answer is yes..

Will the Indians sign Kyle Lohse for the 2013 season?: The not so simple answer is: if he's a below market signing / value, then the "Moneyball" approach will take effect. So, the answer has to remain as a maybe..

Should the Indians sign Kyle Lohse for the 2013 season?: The "good will" that has accompanied the signings of Michael Bourn, Nick Swisher, Mark Reynolds, trades for Shaw/Albers/Bauer/Aviles, etc. etc. cumulatively say the Indians are going all in for the prize. One MOR/FOR SP (Lohse is more of a # 3 to # 2 SP that a # 2/#1 SP) would make this town forget what the team colors are for that miserable franchise that plays at First Energy Field wears

See thats part of the issue I think a lot of teams have beyond the draft pick/overall cost stuff. He is good, and he can help, but he does not put you "over the top". He's the kind of guy you like to have behind a James Shields type, which makes me believe a team like KC would have been all over Lohse had they not given 3 years to Jeremy Guthrie.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby daingean » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:32 am

GoTribe028 wrote:
GeronimoSon wrote:

See thats part of the issue I think a lot of teams have beyond the draft pick/overall cost stuff. He is good, and he can help, but he does not put you "over the top". He's the kind of guy you like to have behind a James Shields type, which makes me believe a team like KC would have been all over Lohse had they not given 3 years to Jeremy Guthrie.

I actually think Lohse is a trap signing. Two good years after some very mediocre years and at 33. I think there is at least a 50% chance he falls on his face this year or next. I think this is the real reason he's not getting signed and less on the draft pick compensation.
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GoTribe028 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:36 pm

daingean wrote:
GoTribe028 wrote:
GeronimoSon wrote:

I actually think Lohse is a trap signing. Two good years after some very mediocre years and at 33. I think there is at least a 50% chance he falls on his face this year or next. I think this is the real reason he's not getting signed and less on the draft pick compensation.

That is also possible. I know Olney just tweeted out the other day teams are concerned about his past performances against AL clubs, noting a career 4.88 ERA (I believe). Lohse certainly has his warts.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby homerawayfromhome » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:38 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:

Glad to see some humor, I think... :rolleyes
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby homerawayfromhome » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:50 pm

About the only roster moves besides DL could be a few minor trades, EZ Carrera seems to be doing his best to warrant a spot. Right now, that's doubtful unless there are injuries.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby GeronimoSon » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:32 pm

homerawayfromhome wrote:About the only roster moves besides DL could be a few minor trades, EZ Carrera seems to be doing his best to warrant a spot. Right now, that's doubtful unless there are injuries.

Yes.. just a wee bit of needling.. keeps you on your toes... Did you see the story about Rafael Furcal and the determination that he needs to undergo Tommy John ligament replacement surgery?.The story further states that John Mozielak doesn't anticipate making any rash decisions right away but could change that approach if "...things don't go as well as he hopes.." Three Cardinal friends of mine are crying in their BBQ... I made a cumulative over under bet on the number of games Furcal would play in 2013.. the number = 80.. Now each of them will get to purchase an Indians jersey, wear it.. take photos of them in it, wash it, and send them to me. (btw..if I lost the bet..I had to send each of them five pounds of Hungarian Smoked Sausage from Raddells Sausage place in Collinwood... that would have sucked..)..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Minors