RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Who replaces Acta? Alomar or Sarbaugh

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Who replaces Acta? Alomar or Sarbaugh

Postby GhostofTedCox » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:31 pm

First, let me be on record as saying I hope Manny does not get fired. I believe this team actually performed better than the sum if their parts for most of this season. Last season they were very competitive until the injuries became insurmountable.

However, this is baseball. Firing managers is what baseball teams do when they start playing bad. Bad as in historic proportions.

The popular name among fans to be the new manager is bench coach Sandy Alomar. People remember Sandy from the glory days. But he has been in coaching for only a few years now, and never managed on any level. He was interviewed for a manager position last off season. One possibility is that Sandy would decline the opportunity. He might have a better chance of success with a more competitive organization.

Another logical choice would be Columbus manager Mike Sarbaugh. He has been with the organization for many years, and has had success on many levels. He knows the system, and the "Indian way", (if there is one).

One of these guys will probably get picked, and the other would probably leave the organization.
GhostofTedCox
Single-A Phenom

Re: Who replaces Acta? Alomar or Sarbaugh

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:56 pm

I'm not under the belief Acta will get fired, to be honest.
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby Edible14 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:34 pm

I don't think you can justify firing a manager who managed the team to a winning record for half a season despite the third-worst run differential in the bigs. I don't see him making any mistakes with the on-field decisions he makes. The only reason you might have to fire him is if you think it's somehow his fault that Masterson, Ubaldo and the rest of the rotation have grossly underperformed. He's done a remarkably good job at handling his players and keeping them out of trouble... Chris Perez's twitter explosion aside. He just doesn't have that great a team on his hands.

I'm not in favor of firing Antonetti, but I'd fire him before Acta at this point.
Edible14
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Hermie13 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:31 pm

Yeah I'd be pretty surprised if Acta was fired. Team has mostly over-performed with him as manager, not under-performed.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby daingean » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:39 pm

I was against the hire of Acta but now I admit that I was wrong. I think he is one of the reasons that we have been competitive. Now CA gets an F for 2012 and he must do better in 2013 or he should be the one fired.
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Return to Beyond The Minors