RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Official 2012 Cleveland Indians game thread

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Re: Official 2012 Cleveland Indians game thread

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:56 pm

JP_Frost wrote:Masterson seems to have found his groove the last 4 starts.

Was at both the opening day start and this one and gotta say, wow. Didn't think with the struggles he's had this year he'd be able to top that opener but he did last night IMO. On a hot night when the ball was flying out of the park, absolutely shut down a good Reds team and should have had the shutout. First 9 inning complete game in 2 years too.

Sort of off topic but wonder if the Tribe will attempt to rekindle extension talks with Masterson over the All-Star break if he keeps things up. Could be a boost to the fan base if they could extend him. Masterson likely would prefer to wait til the offseason but it's something I think would be worth trying.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby GeronimoSon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:04 am

The Indians have traded Beau Mills to the Cincinnati Reds for cash.. ho hum...
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby Pork Chop Pough » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:13 am

GeronimoSon wrote:The Indians have traded Beau Mills to the Cincinnati Reds for cash.. ho hum...

I guess that settles it... Beau Mills is no Tim Costo.
Pork Chop Pough
Single-A Phenom

Postby Pork Chop Pough » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:11 pm

This feels like a weekend for the Indians to make a statement on the road against a bad team. They should consider themselves lucky that they avoid Houston's two most talented starters (Rodriguez and Norris), but they'll have to face two lefties instead (Keuchel and Happ). Worry about how you are going to beat Sabathia, Price or Wilson when you face them in the playoffs. If you can't consistently beat the Dallas Keuchels and JA Happs of the world, you won't be in the playoffs anyway.

First up is to take care of business against Lucas Harrell, who's just a sad excuse for a major league starter. He's posted an 8.37 ERA over his past four starts, and there's nothing about this guy's season or career to suggest that he's any good. He doesn't have a swing-and-miss pitch, and while he'll stay around the strike zone, he doesn't have the elite command to make up for his lack of stuff. Yes, he's pitched well at home (4-0, 2.76), but everything else about him suggests it's merely the fluke of a small sample size.

...and that's a nice start by Choo.
Pork Chop Pough
Single-A Phenom

Postby Prosecutor » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:33 am

Well, that sample size is a little larger now and Harrell's numbers at home are even better after last night's game. Maybe it's his road numbers that are a fluke. He looked like a very good young pitcher to me. I'd put him in our rotation if he were here.

We need to take one of these next two games against those lefties. But mainly we need Gomez and Lowe to start pitching better before we take on the AL East. This weekend would be a good time for them to get back on track against a below average offensive team.
Prosecutor
Single-A Phenom

Postby daingean » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:13 am

GeronimoSon wrote:The Indians have traded Beau Mills to the Cincinnati Reds for cash.. ho hum...

Can this Cash guy hit or play LF? Is he RH?
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GeronimoSon » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:10 pm

daingean wrote:

Can this Cash guy hit or play LF? Is he RH?

Norman was a helluva hitter.. save for the fact that he's been dead for 26 years, he can still hit better than Cunningham or Duncan...
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby Pork Chop Pough » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:06 pm

This is my great-great-grandfather on the right...

...the Indians would have never hit him.
Pork Chop Pough
Single-A Phenom

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:52 pm

Jordan Bastian tweeting that Scott Barnes is joining the team in NY.

That would suggest that Gomez is being sent down and Barnes is coming up as an extra arm until they call up McAllister to make a start in Gomez' place in Baltimore.

Either that or they're sending Hags down.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:50 pm

It's official, Gomez down and Barnes recalled.

Z-Mac will be called up to start in Baltimore on Thursday.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Hermie13 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:51 pm

Votto better watch his back! ha
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Hermie13 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:53 pm

dazindiansfanuk wrote:It's official, Gomez down and Barnes recalled.

Z-Mac will be called up to start in Baltimore on Thursday.

Glad to see ZMac getting another look. Hopefully Gomez can work on some things and come back. Still think he can be a decent BOR guy but move needed to be made.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Bearcatbob » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:48 pm

More pain tonight. How that umpire missed that drop is beyond me. Acta's silence was disappointing.
Bearcatbob
Single-A Phenom

Postby GeronimoSon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:57 am

Bearcatbob wrote:More pain tonight. How that umpire missed that drop is beyond me. Acta's silence was disappointing.

Not many calls went the Indians way last night.. The Hannahan ball down the line.. was foul.. the ball in the stands..was dropped.. the strike zone seemed a bit small for the Justin Masterson.. and a bit lower for Phil Hughes..

The matinee & finale of the NYY series has lefty Andy Pettitte going for the Bombers.. This season's history says it's going to be a long afternoon for the road weary Wahoos.... If there is a baseball god, then he/she needs to energize Ubaldo's strong right arm and allow him to pitch a masterpiece today..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby ironmike » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:33 am

Geronimo, you want a contending team? Fix the pop gun offense. Bring in Soriano, Quentin and another impact bat LIKE McCutcheon, the rest of the team will feed off the infusion. That's correct, 3 BIG bats. Right now the players know they can't win and are playing like that. The pitching will suddenly get better too. Keep in mind CWS, KC and Detroit are getting better and WILL be adding to the pile.

Move Perez, Choo and Chisenhall and add RH impact hitters in multiple deals.

Pestano becomes the closer, move Smith to the set up role, Choo is leaving in a year or two and is a talent who could command return, Chisenhall is still considered a good developing player a team that is rebuilding would consider. Let Hannahan and Lopez play 3B.

Team can't contend without scoring 835 runs per season even in the MODERN A.L. era. The owner needs to pony up. which he won't, therein lies the REAL problem. Only 11 million of contractual obligations are on the books for next year. Upgrade the scouting. Find another Kenny Lofton!
ironmike
Single-A Phenom

Postby Edible14 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:41 am

ironmike wrote:Geronimo, you want a contending team? Fix the pop gun offense. Bring in Soriano, Quentin and another impact bat LIKE McCutcheon, the rest of the team will feed off the infusion. That's correct, 3 BIG bats. Right now the players know they can't win and are playing like that. The pitching will suddenly get better too. Keep in mind CWS, KC and Detroit are getting better and WILL be adding to the pile.

Move Perez, Choo and Chisenhall and add RH impact hitters in multiple deals.

I don't see how moving Choo would help the offense. He's one of our best bats and I doubt we'd get a better one back in a trade with him involved. Furthermore, I'm not a big fan of moving true prospects for rentals. I understand you're down on Chisenhall, but if the Indians FO believes he's still the 3B of the future then you're moving 6+ years of cheap productivity in the future ultimately for 1/2 year of some overpaid veteran. The goal isn't just to win this year, it's to build a contending team year after year. That doesn't happen if you completely blank the farm system.

Chris Perez is unlikely to fetch a big piece in a trade. Closers are pretty widely held to be overrated in terms of impact, and Perez isn't even a top 5 closer. Furthermore, a team that's looking to trade off a big bat for some help in the future isn't going to want Chris Perez. He's already highly paid, and is too close to free agency to be helpful for long.

Pestano becomes the closer, move Smith to the set up role, Choo is leaving in a year or two and is a talent who could command return, Chisenhall is still considered a good developing player a team that is rebuilding would consider. Let Hannahan and Lopez play 3B.

Team can't contend without scoring 835 runs per season even in the MODERN A.L. era. The owner needs to pony up. which he won't, therein lies the REAL problem. Only 11 million of contractual obligations are on the books for next year. Upgrade the scouting. Find another Kenny Lofton!

Again with the random overinflated numbers? How many times do you have to be told that this isn't the 90s anymore? Only three teams in the majors last year had 800 runs or more last year, and one of them didn't even make the playoffs (Boston). The eventual World Series champions only had 762. Tampa made the playoffs last year despite having only 707 runs, just three better than the Indians.

This team doesn't have to be built like the 97 Indians. A little extra offensive power would be nice... nobody debates that. But even with the offense built as-is we ARE contending, and there is still a chance that we'll be in the playoffs if things break our way. Are we going to be a jugggernaut that steamrolls easily to title after title? No. You can't be that in this league without having a large payroll. But I think that's what you want this team to be, but that's just not feasible in my eyes. What we have is a team that's set up to contend for an extended period of time if things go right, much like the Twins' run in the mid-aughts and Tampa's current run. That's pretty much what I want.
Edible14
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:20 pm

Edible14 wrote:Chris Perez is unlikely to fetch a big piece in a trade. Closers are pretty widely held to be overrated in terms of impact, and Perez isn't even a top 5 closer. Furthermore, a team that's looking to trade off a big bat for some help in the future isn't going to want Chris Perez. He's already highly paid, and is too close to free agency to be helpful for long.

I agree some here. I don't think Perez is a guy that will get you a big bat (though too bad Jon Hart isn't still a GM, maybe then we could deal him for the next Brian Giles). Do think he has a bit more trade value than some think, but teams looking for that closer/8th inning guy are more likely to want to deal prospects than ML bats. Perez does still have 2.5 years before free agency so team getting him would have him for a decent amount of time.

That said...not so sure moving him is the best idea at the moment. The bullpen has been terrible this year. Sure, Pestano likely could move right into the closers role and Smith into the 8th inning role....but then what happens to the 6th/7th innings? I know we have a lot of young arms in AAA that look like they could take on that role, but would like to see them get some more experience before throwing them into a pennant race. Think you kind of have to hold on to Perez this summer if you want to contend. This winter though I'd try harder to push a trade with him though and giving the younger guys bigger roles.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby GeronimoSon » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:29 am

Chris Perez isn't going anywhere.. he's become a team leader and has no fear speaking his mind.. He used the social media as a means to get his message out.. He's a DAMN FINE closer.. one of the BEST in the American League.. now two years and counting...
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby criznit2009 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:24 pm

Never thought I would see the day when Brantley was batting clean up.. yikes.
criznit2009
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby A.Zajac » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:10 pm

criznit2009 wrote:Never thought I would see the day when Brantley was batting clean up.. yikes.

God help us... :eek
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby A.Zajac » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:47 pm

Welp... Chisenhall appears to be out at least six weeks now. Another injury, just what we needed... :mad
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby MadThinker88 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:53 pm

If there is 1 silver lining to Chisenhall getting injured, at least it was now and not the day after the trade deadline.....
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GeronimoSon » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:16 pm

Jason Donald was recalled to replace Chiz.. you never want to have your return to the ML's be because of injury.. I'm sure Donald is happy for the chance.. and sad for teammate...

I'd look for Acta to give Asdrubal one game in Baltimore off with Donald taking over at SS.. How many chances will there be for Donald to play the OF..is the question I'd like to know..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby MadThinker88 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:42 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:Jason Donald was recalled to replace Chiz.. you never want to have your return to the ML's be because of injury.. I'm sure Donald is happy for the chance.. and sad for teammate...

I'd look for Acta to give Asdrubal one game in Baltimore off with Donald taking over at SS.. How many chances will there be for Donald to play the OF..is the question I'd like to know..

My guess is Donald plays on Sunday since there is a lefty starting against the Tribe.
With Santana set to return, the question becomes, do they DH ACab? His bat has done well lately & while ACab definitely needs a day off from the field, can the lineup afford to go without him? I think not.

The more interesting item is Hafner is projected to return as soon as Monday from the rehab assignment. At that point, one of Damon, Duncan & Cunningham is in serious trouble.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby criznit2009 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:49 pm

I really hope Cunningham gets his walking papers - I know he is currently the back up CF but I would be playing Brantley everyday and if he gets injured in a game use either Donald or Choo. If needed you could call up EZ or Crowe even for the next game if Brantley couldnt go. Cunningham has earned his walking papers more so then Duncan IMO.
criznit2009
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GoTribe028 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:15 pm

Looks like James Thome has been traded to Orioles. I'm just happy he didn't get traded to the Tigers to DH til V-Mart returns.

Anyone else got a bad feeling that while Aaron Cunningham's days may be numbered, it might have something to do with the Red Sox DFA'ing Darnell McDonald? Something about him just stinks of a CA waiver claim :eek
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby MadThinker88 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:22 pm

GoTribe028 wrote: .....
Anyone else got a bad feeling that while Aaron Cunningham's days may be numbered, it might have something to do with the Red Sox DFA'ing Darnell McDonald? Something about him just stinks of a CA waiver claim :eek

Sorry, I do not understand. How is getting Cunningham off this team, at this point, a BAD thing????
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Pork Chop Pough » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:47 am

MadThinker88 wrote:
GoTribe028 wrote: .....

Sorry, I do not understand. How is getting Cunningham off this team, at this point, a BAD thing????

Yep, my sentiments, too... I have a great feeling that Cunningham's days are numbered, and it will have nothing to do with Darnell McDonald or anyone else on the waiver wire... it has everything to do with Aaron Cunningham. Honestly, McDonald is a much better player than Cunningham anyway, but I can't see the Indians having any interest in him. They already have plenty of 5th outfielders in Columbus, and Crowe, Carrera and Donald can all back up center field.

I don't think Thome to Detroit was much of a possibility either. They already have the worst defense that anyone could assemble, and that's while hiding Delmon Young at DH half the time. They don't want to be forced into playing Young in left field most nights. Adding another slow home run hitter who can't play defense should be pretty low their list of priorities.
Pork Chop Pough
Single-A Phenom

Postby ClevelandBlues » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:17 pm

Indians claim Vinny Rottino, release Chris Schwinden. Not a major move, but kind of a curious one. We are already trying to find ab's for five outfielders in Columbus and have two more in Weglarz and Neal who should be promoted. Rottino is 32 with a .188 career major league batting average. Schwinden is 25, has posted a decent strikeout rate and had some success in the majors starting last season. He seems like a fringe major league starter, but he seems like he has potential as a bullpen guy. We also lost Ambriz to Houston. It seems like our AAA pitching depth, which was a strength at the beginning of the season is beginning to thin out some. I wonder if Rottino is being brought in as a replacement for Cunningham?
ClevelandBlues
Draft Prospect

Postby MadThinker88 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:50 pm

ClevelandBlues wrote:Indians claim Vinny Rottino, release Chris Schwinden. Not a major move, but kind of a curious one. We are already trying to find ab's for five outfielders in Columbus and have two more in Weglarz and Neal who should be promoted. Rottino is 32 with a .188 career major league batting average. Schwinden is 25, has posted a decent strikeout rate and had some success in the majors starting last season. He seems like a fringe major league starter, but he seems like he has potential as a bullpen guy. We also lost Ambriz to Houston. It seems like our AAA pitching depth, which was a strength at the beginning of the season is beginning to thin out some. I wonder if Rottino is being brought in as a replacement for Cunningham?

First, I don't see cutting ties to Schwinden as a big loss. I was surprised they brought him in to begin with- thought it was to grab 1 more depth starter after they moved Barnes to the bullpen this year. At this point it might be time to give one of the Akron starters a chance in Columbus.

Secondly, What if the move is someone like Crowe to replace Cunningham. That could open some at-bats. Also, didn't Laroche parts ways with Columbus. There might be more AAA at-bats available then many realize.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GeronimoSon » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:51 am

Taking three of four from the slumping O's in Baltimore.. saved this road trip from being am unmitigated disaster to a coulda/woulda/shoulda been better 4-6 record.. The Tribe's schedule doesn't get easier with the Angels and their potent bats & solid ALL RIGHT HANDED starting pitching invading the Northcoast for a three game set. Ubaldo takes the pill to the hill in the first game against newly returned (from the DL) Jared Weaver in game one, Z-Mac is scheduled to face Dan Haren in game two and Derek (B)Lowe faces Ervin "I no heeet deeeze Indians" Santana in the finale..

Fireworks on Tuesday !!...
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby Tondo » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Hagadone is reminding me why I never thought much of him...he just earned a ticket to Columbus, get Barnes to Cleveland
Tondo
Single-A Phenom

Postby martyinnewyork » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:33 pm

What a turd of a game...
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom

Postby Edible14 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:51 pm

Tondo wrote:Hagadone is reminding me why I never thought much of him...he just earned a ticket to Columbus, get Barnes to Cleveland

Sad, because I had some high hopes for him. He'll be around probably until Raffy comes back, because Scott Barnes wasn't much better when he was up here.
Edible14
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby homerawayfromhome » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:36 am

This might sound a little crazy, but Scott Barnes is better suited being a back of the rotation starter than reliever IMO. I believe Barnes has enjoyed his cup of coffee with the big league club but hasn't taken so well to being used as a pen arm although I'd probably take him over what we have seen from Sipp at times this season. Barnes has a bit do disception to his delivery, a good FB and an aggressive nature on the mound. Plus, Barnes real value would be adding a LH pitcher to to Tribes rotation. I'm not advocating there's even a spot for him right now but there could be next season.

Hagadone has a great FB running it up to 95/96 but he needs pinpoint accuracy with a straight line FB which he obviously lacks. I still believe Hagadone can pitch at the ML level but must learn to locate, throw and change speeds on his FB. This would create disception and could help make him an solid option in the pen again.

I can't really believe I'm saying this, but I didn't realize what Rafael Perez meant to the club as a LH in the pen. I thought he was a tradable commodity but now that I've seen the other in house options I'm not so sure. Maybe one of Matt Packer, TJ McFarland, TJ House, Giovonni Soto become a LH pen option next yr but the Tribe has really missed Raffy out there this yr IMO.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby ironmike » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:59 am

Homeawayfromaway, agree.
Hagadone has a great FB running it up to 95/96 but he needs pinpoint accuracy with a straight line FB which he obviously lacks. I still believe Hagadone can pitch at the ML level but must learn to locate, throw and change speeds on his FB. This would create disception and could help make him an solid option in the pen again.

Hagadone reminds me of Jim Kern a pitcher the Indians had and then traded to Texas. He threw the hell out of the ball but it was straight as a string. Why Hagadone has not been finished off in the minors with a change up and the confidence to throw one for strikes is not good.

Too much "power arm" BS in the Indians system and not enough emphasis on being a pitcher, ditto for Tony Sipp. If a pitcher has only one pitch and can't control both sides of the plate, up and down consistently, should he really be in the ML's because he throws hard?

Also, Hagadone might not be in this category, while at Columbus he pitched often. In Cleveland his appearances have been curtailed compared to Columbus, so maybe he's outta sync at the moment. Very possible, pitchers need to pitch to stay sharp.
ironmike
Single-A Phenom

Postby homerawayfromhome » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:12 pm

True and I wouldn't dump Hagadone or right him off by the way, just saying if he mixed it up and could locate better he'd be a lights out type. Just throwing hard doesn't make you successful.
I'm saying throwing hard and on a rope does nothing. Pitchability and rhythm is a key. Hagadone is a guy I think needs more polish but can still be successful as a back of pen type.
Also, not really suggesting Hagadone should throw a true change, rather change the pace of the FB running it in to a RH at 95/96 than throwing a FB in at 85/86 in the same spot won't allow hitters to sit on his pitches and add an element of disception as a pitcher.
I think you hit on something there Ironmike. Hagadone needs to pitch, you can't develop as a pitcher unless you log regular innings. Hagadone needs a rhythm and an opportunity to adjust.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby MadThinker88 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:35 pm

Aaaaaaaaargh.
Apparently Hagadone reacted badly either to his last outing. They just announced during the game that Nick is on the minor league, non-baseball DL with a broken wrist.

I'm sure more details will follow......

Edit: make that the disqualified list. i.e. no pay and no service time.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Chiefroy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:59 pm

Tough loss today, but I suppose Perez was due for a blown save. I just hate to lose like this right before the break and giving up a homer to Will Rhymes is almost inexcusable. From the few highlights I have be able to watch, I must lay part of the blame on Michael Brantley as well. The double by Scott in the sixth could clearly have been caught, though it would've been a nice play. The missed dive catch in the 9th though was even worse....he needed to hold Pena to a single and runners at first and third at the worst. By diving(and missing), he allowed the tying run to score and Pena all the way to third base.

Great start by Zach M. and good to see some bats waking up lately. All in all, a positive 1st half of the season and we should stay optimistic that we can remain in the chase for the rest of the season. Manny has to keep this team believing in itself.
Chiefroy
Draft Prospect

Postby Bearcatbob » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:51 pm

Any commentary that ignores Asdrubal taking the day off is incomplete.

Bob
Bearcatbob
Single-A Phenom

Postby A.Zajac » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:56 pm

For as much credit as Droobs receives at the plate, no one really criticizes (at least publicly) how bad his defense has been of late.
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby Bearcatbob » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:04 pm

A.Zajac wrote:For as much credit as Droobs receives at the plate, no one really criticizes (at least publicly) how bad his defense has been of late.

ACab was horrible on Father's Day and was horrible today. The plays today were not even hard - they were simply the result of lazy - I am Great? - execution. He needs a serious father to son talk.

Bob
Bearcatbob
Single-A Phenom

Postby GhostofTedCox » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:06 pm

So it sounds like Hagadone gets PO'ed after another wild outing on Friday, smashes his pitching hand, and fractures a bone. He will see a hand specialist. Another guy lost for the season.

(Crash Davis would've told him not to swing with his pitching hand)
GhostofTedCox
Single-A Phenom

Postby Edible14 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:39 pm

GhostofTedCox wrote:So it sounds like Hagadone gets PO'ed after another wild outing on Friday, smashes his pitching hand, and fractures a bone. He will see a hand specialist. Another guy lost for the season.

(Crash Davis would've told him not to swing with his pitching hand)

It seems like there has to be an odd story behind this one. I wonder if we'll get to hear about it. But the "he doesn't get paid while on the ineligible list for a self-inflicted injury" part seems like some tough love to put it mildly. I'm guessing that he pissed off some coaches/front office people for that to have happened.
Edible14
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Chiefroy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:50 pm

Bearcatbob wrote:Any commentary that ignores Asdrubal taking the day off is incomplete.

Bob

Well, since all I saw of the game was a few brief cut-ins on MLB network, I could only comment on what I saw. But thanks, Bob....you complete me. :wink
Chiefroy
Draft Prospect

Postby Bearcatbob » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:15 pm

Chiefroy wrote:
Bearcatbob wrote:Any commentary that ignores Asdrubal taking the day off is incomplete.

Bob

Well, since all I saw of the game was a few brief cut-ins on MLB network, I could only comment on what I saw. But thanks, Bob....you complete me. :wink

Chief - sorry - I was infuriated by that lackadaisical play.

Bob
Bearcatbob
Single-A Phenom

Postby Chiefroy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Hey, no prob. I'm glad I missed it or else I'd be pissed at him too.
Chiefroy
Draft Prospect

Postby Bearcatbob » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:51 pm

Great game tonight! Pestano and Perez as it should be!
Bearcatbob
Single-A Phenom

Postby Chiefroy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:57 pm

Cleveland - W 1-0 Masterson
Columbus - W 2-0 Gomez
Akron - W 3-0 Wright

:biggrin
Chiefroy
Draft Prospect

Postby Pork Chop Pough » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:49 pm

Welcome back, Tony Sipp… over the past month he's allowed 1 hit and 1 walk over 8 innings. Sure, the hit was a home run, but I prefer to think of it as a .000 BABIP.

(Upon closer view, the last 4 hits Sipp has allowed have been home runs, fortunately that dates back to June 2nd)
Pork Chop Pough
Single-A Phenom

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Minors