Indians Prospect Insider - Covering the Cleveland Indians from the Minors to the Big Leagues

Message board update

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Message board update

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:17 pm

Hey guys....been tweaking with the message board. I know there are a lot of things missing still like the smilies, avatars, etc.....will work on that over next few days.

Do you like the new layout? Let me know.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Re: Message board update

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:51 pm

FYI, two main things working on is fixing the smilies and also keeping people logged in when they leave. I know I have to re-login every time even though I select to stay logged in....bot sure if others have the same issue.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby GeronimoSon » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:14 pm

Yes.. the log in is just an inconvenience..

Another thing.. the return to the home page.. no link.. you have to back out or re-log.. one or the other..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby A.Zajac » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:15 pm

TonyIPI wrote:FYI, two main things working on is fixing the smilies and also keeping people logged in when they leave. I know I have to re-login every time even though I select to stay logged in....bot sure if others have the same issue.

Having the same issue here as well. Layout looks good.
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:07 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:Yes.. the log in is just an inconvenience..

Another thing.. the return to the home page.. no link.. you have to back out or re-log.. one or the other..

Home page where? For the boards or the site? The both are showing now, so maybe you typed this before the update was made a little bit ago.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:14 pm

I fixed the avatars so they show....you will have to go back in and add them into your profile or link to an offsite image. No more than 50KB.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:23 pm

OK, just about everything is updated except for a few minor cosmetic things we are working on.

The only known issue we are still working through is keeping you logged in when you leave the boards. Hang in there....we should have it fixed soon. :ugeek

Let me know if there are any other issues. Thx.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby criznit2009 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:52 pm

TonyIPI wrote:OK, just about everything is updated except for a few minor cosmetic things we are working on.

The only known issue we are still working through is keeping you logged in when you leave the boards. Hang in there....we should have it fixed soon. :ugeek

Let me know if there are any other issues. Thx.

Hi Tony when you try to reply to a post (at least for me) without loggin in first it returns this error:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/captcha/captcha_factory.php on line 36: include(./includes/captcha/plugins/phpbb_solvemedia_plugin.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/captcha/captcha_factory.php on line 36: include(./includes/captcha/plugins/phpbb_solvemedia_plugin.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/captcha/captcha_factory.php on line 36: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './includes/captcha/plugins/phpbb_solvemedia_plugin.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php:/usr/lib/php/extensions/ZF/library:/usr/lib/php/extensions/ZF/extras/library')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/captcha/captcha_factory.php on line 38: call_user_func(phpbb_solvemedia::get_instance) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback

Fatal error: Call to a member function init() on a non-object in /home/indiansp/public_html/boards/posting.php on line 186
criznit2009
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby indianinkslinger » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:21 pm

Not aware if anyone else is having the same problem but I am having some difficulty in losing the login when I change pages. On some pages it works fine but if I go from posts to the home page, I have to log in again. Not a huge problem but you asked.
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby Pork Chop Pough » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:59 pm

Tony, thanks so much for your help. I'm able to log in now without any problems.
Pork Chop Pough
Single-A Phenom

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:29 am

indianinkslinger wrote:Not aware if anyone else is having the same problem but I am having some difficulty in losing the login when I change pages. On some pages it works fine but if I go from posts to the home page, I have to log in again. Not a huge problem but you asked.

Yeah, this is a known issue I mentioned above that we are working on. Hope to resolve it soon.

As for the issue noted with replying to a topic without logging....well....make sure you are logged in. :twisted
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby TonyIBI » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:52 pm

Login issue fixed. Everyone should now no longer need to re-login every time. Be sure to select to stay logged in and you should remain logged in upon exiting the boards. Let me know if you continue to have problems. Thanks for the patience!
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby GhostofTedCox » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:37 am

Tony, - The new message board sure does seem to get some "interesting" threads these days.
Can anything be done to keep the spamers out?
GhostofTedCox
Single-A Phenom

Postby daingean » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:50 am

GhostofTedCox wrote:Tony, - The new message board sure does seem to get some "interesting" threads these days.

what you're not interested in a Luis V hand bag? I guess if they post here then that means they have a new model with Chief Wahoo on each side.... :lol
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GeronimoSon » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:35 pm

daingean wrote:
GhostofTedCox wrote:Tony, - The new message board sure does seem to get some "interesting" threads these days.

what you're not interested in a Luis V hand bag? I guess if they post here then that means they have a new model with Chief Wahoo on each side.... :lol

Hermie bought one to go with his Gucci.... :lol
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby TonyIBI » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:17 am

Working on it. It was really bad there for a few days....but think it is under more control and should be almost eliminated soon.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby GeronimoSon » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:27 am

TonyIPI wrote:

Working on it. It was really bad there for a few days....but think it is under more control and should be almost eliminated soon.

Do you mean Hermie won't be able to get a Luis V bag to go with his Gucci?

(does Gucci even make/sell bags?)
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby MadThinker88 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:06 pm

I don't recall these spam threads prior to the changes. It makes me wonder if someone is targeting these boards because they can't get access to everything they previously enjoyed.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:28 am

MadThinker88 wrote:I don't recall these spam threads prior to the changes. It makes me wonder if someone is targeting these boards because they can't get access to everything they previously enjoyed.

There is an issue with the CAPTCHA setting.....I'll try and get it resolved once I get home. Spammers are leaking through when they previously couldn't. We will get it resolved at some point.....hopefully soon. Bear with me! :razz
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby A.Zajac » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:33 pm

Spam getting worse again. :evil
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:25 pm

I think the spam issue should now be fixed.

In any case, we are considering moving the boards to a new platform. Everything should carry over including registrations, post counts, etc, but we will see. Thinking about it.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby criznit2009 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:56 pm

Tony - know you have been busy but have noticed you do not post on the boards much (at all )anymore. Is this by design, part of the new premium of IPI or can we expect to see ya posting more on the boards now the season has basically started?
criznit2009
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:39 am

criznit2009 wrote:Tony - know you have been busy but have noticed you do not post on the boards much (at all )anymore. Is this by design, part of the new premium of IPI or can we expect to see ya posting more on the boards now the season has basically started?

Ha, yeah, I will be back on more now that the season is getting going. I cannot even begin to explain how busy I have been the past two months with the new site design, the premium change setup, going to AZ, all the constant tweaks to the new site, and getting things lined up with colleges and new writers for the new season. As you can see in my post today with everything coming this season, there was a lot of organizing and setup involved!

But yeah, now that things are rolling, I'll be chiming in a lot more. For awhile there I was absent from my Twitter account as well! :razz
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Return to Beyond The Minors