Indians Prospect Insider - Covering the Cleveland Indians from the Minors to the Big Leagues

The White Sox name...

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

The White Sox name...

Postby A.Zajac » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:08 pm

Robin Ventura their manager.. say wha? :good: :rofl:
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Re: The White Sox name...

Postby GhostofTedCox » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:38 pm

If you want to contend why would you name somebody with no experience to be your manager. White Sox always have done crazy things since the days of Bill Veeck.

Maybe they will get somebody with experienceto be bench coack. Like Terry Francona.
GhostofTedCox
Single-A Phenom

Postby MadThinker88 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:57 pm

While I understand the idea of a guy like Francona as a bench coach for Robin Ventura, I have a suspicion that Buddy Bell will get that post (unless he has no interest). Remember, Buddy is working with player development for the ChiSox & he gave Robin a job this past season.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:00 pm

MadThinker88 wrote:While I understand the idea of a guy like Francona as a bench coach for Robin Ventura, I have a suspicion that Buddy Bell will get that post (unless he has no interest). Remember, Buddy is working with player development for the ChiSox & he gave Robin a job this past season.

Bell seems like a solid choice.

I would be pretty surprised if Francona took a coaching job, but never say never. Would surprise me if he took a year off or did a 1 year front office gig (or even ESPN). Would not be at all opposed to the Indians brining him back (he was special assistant to Hart in 2001 during Shapiro's transition year). Tribe has a history of doing this (Hargrove, Showalter). Gives Francona a year to regroup then can look at a managerial job in 2013. As of now, there are no open jobs (though Cubs could have one, same with the Astros).
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Return to Beyond The Minors