Indians Prospect Insider - Covering the Cleveland Indians from the Minors to the Big Leagues

BA No Respect for Pestano

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

BA No Respect for Pestano

Postby petes999 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:47 pm

I have been noticing BA has not really mentioned any of the Tribe prospects when it comes to their hot prospect list .. only Pom and White really. I chalk it up to the tribe main prospects having horrible seasons (Washington so far, Adams, DeLaCruz, ...) or injured (Wolters, Washington, Weglarz, Knapp, ...). Yet, what about their mid-season rookie team that doesn't mention Pestano?

The only thing that Pestano didn't grade high on was innings (31 vs 36-44 for the other 3 - Kimbrel, Luebke and Walden) that may have exluded him. But ...

Pestano had best ERA at 1.74, best WHIP at .92, lowest walk rate at .34 per 9 and second most Ks at 12.4 per 9. The only thing that was lowest was HR at 3 instead of 1 for the rest.

Is it that they are biased against Cleveland or just want to promote the larger teams and include more of NY, LA, Boston, Phi, Atl talent?
petes999
Single-A Phenom

Re: BA No Respect for Pestano

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:05 pm

petes999 wrote:I have been noticing BA has not really mentioned any of the Tribe prospects when it comes to their hot prospect list .. only Pom and White really. I chalk it up to the tribe main prospects having horrible seasons (Washington so far, Adams, DeLaCruz, ...) or injured (Wolters, Washington, Weglarz, Knapp, ...). Yet, what about their mid-season rookie team that doesn't mention Pestano?

The only thing that Pestano didn't grade high on was innings (31 vs 36-44 for the other 3 - Kimbrel, Luebke and Walden) that may have exluded him. But ...

Pestano had best ERA at 1.74, best WHIP at .92, lowest walk rate at .34 per 9 and second most Ks at 12.4 per 9. The only thing that was lowest was HR at 3 instead of 1 for the rest.

Is it that they are biased against Cleveland or just want to promote the larger teams and include more of NY, LA, Boston, Phi, Atl talent?

slight typo, but it's 3.4 BB/9 (.34 would be insane! lol). Pestano has gotten some love from certain places. Being a 6th/7th inning guy to start the year may be keeping him off some people's lists, though he definitely needs more respect.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby jellis » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:14 pm

petes999 wrote:I have been noticing BA has not really mentioned any of the Tribe prospects when it comes to their hot prospect list .. only Pom and White really. I chalk it up to the tribe main prospects having horrible seasons (Washington so far, Adams, DeLaCruz, ...) or injured (Wolters, Washington, Weglarz, Knapp, ...). Yet, what about their mid-season rookie team that doesn't mention Pestano?

2 of the guys are closers that will guarantee they get s spot over a set up guy. Its not bias, its sticking with bigger names specs, I have no seen luebkes stats but everyone one of the other guys were top ten specs, might be over all upside
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby jellis » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:08 pm

well that all changed congrats on the jinx his era almost just went up a run
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:30 pm

ha, was thinking the same thing. O well. ERA is overrated for relievers. If you're going to have a bad game, pick one when you're up 5-0 I guess
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Return to Beyond The Minors