RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Battle of Ohio: part deaux: Cleveland at Cincinnati

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Re: Battle of Ohio: part deaux: Cleveland at Cincinnati

Postby Prosecutor » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:00 am

Opposing batters are hitting .420/1.095 against Talbot on his first 15 pitches of the game. I don't see him as a relief pitcher, period.

I don't think they're hammering him in the 1st inning because he is deliberately easing off to try and "pace himself". He knows the first inning is key for him and he needs to get off to a good start.

Pitches 1-15: .420
16-30: .246
31-45: .288
46-60: .273
61-75: .250

Talbot gets the other teams' best hitters in the first inning and the bottom of the order in the 2nd. After that it's pretty random so he settles in to being a guy who batters hit .270-.280 against. If he gets past 60 pitches it's a little better.

I could see him as a long reliever, especially if he doesn't get the top of the batting order the first inning he comes in.
Prosecutor
Single-A Phenom

Postby homerawayfromhome » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:13 pm

IMO Talbot is a 4 A pitcher... At least the last pitcher on the staff. Personally I feel he would throw harder if he was a bullpen arm.
Don't take that wrong bc I feel there is no place for him, going forward I believe he loses his spot next spring just too much talent in this system to be slowed by him. Got to give the talented arms a chance and the bullpen arms are plenty. I'd rather see Gomez, McAlister, Judy, Putnam, Lee even Hagadone and others...Burns, Miller, Strdevant, Bryson, Stowell, Langwell, DeLaCruz, Packer and Adams on the staff before the likes of Talbot. (I mean that). I suggested in another post I'd give him to KC for Francouer if they'd do it in a second, I'd throw in their choice of Kluber or Huff others I'm not a fan of, don't think they'd clog their 40 with our junk, but ML pitching or close too in these cases will draw interest. Problem with Talbot is he has perceived value but in reality no intrinsic value.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby Bearcatbob » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

I suggested in another post I'd give him to KC for Francouer if they'd do it in a second,.."

Francouer is 27. He hits some HR. He is a .260 hitter. He can throw. He would be a great addition to this team.

Bob
Bearcatbob
Single-A Phenom

Previous

Return to Beyond The Minors