RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Back in First Place

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Back in First Place

Postby Bearcatbob » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:08 pm

I am beginning to think the Central Division will be a stink fest and that the team that stinks least can win.

We have good pitching. The bats have to warm. Oh how I wish Grady would find himself.

The Tigers tonight used a position player to pitch at the end of the game.

Bob
Bearcatbob
Single-A Phenom

Re: Back in First Place

Postby GeronimoSon » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:30 am

Bearcatbob wrote:I am beginning to think the Central Division will be a stink fest and that the team that stinks least can win.

We have good pitching. The bats have to warm. Oh how I wish Grady would find himself.

The Tigers tonight used a position player to pitch at the end of the game.

Bob
While this may not be exactly correct, the Indians have occupied or shared first place in the AL Central for 79 of the 90 days of the current season and currently reside in first place by percentage points ahead of the Tigers. The Division is the worst in the AL, but not the worst in baseball. That honor goes to the NL Central. The AL Central is 18 games below .500 as a group, while the NL Central is 25 games below .500 as a group. So, by definition, the stinkfest is in the NL Central followed by the AL Central.. fyi....
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby entertheshoe » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:52 pm

I actually don't think the AL Central is all that bad. Top to bottom, it is probably one of the most competitive in the league. There aren't many divisions where you can say that it is a 4 horse race and that's what this division will become once the Twins get things together. Plus KC is going to get better every day. It may not look too great now from the standings, but I think it will be a close race of 4 teams all above .500 in the end.
entertheshoe
Rookie Baller

Postby criznit2009 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:12 pm

Well - no team in the AL central would stand a chance in the AL East this year (and is the case most years) - Prolly be in it in the AL west (at least for now) everyone out there is pretty much still in it. As for the NL - think we would get drilled in the east, and somewhere in the middle in the West and some where between Cincy and the Cubs in the Central... Without a doubt the AL central is extremely weak this year and it shows when teams from the Al central play formidable opponents.
criznit2009
Double-A Hot Shot

Return to Beyond The Minors