RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

I get the feeling that...

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

I get the feeling that...

Postby WaspTrap » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:09 am

The anti-dolan/anti-shapiro/anti-antonetti/Indians r cheap/complain about any move good or bad droolies are starting to migrate to this board from cleveland.com. It's annoying and boring - Ironmike, Tondo etc. This is Indians Prospect Insider, so more talk about prospects and upside, less talk about payrolls and deleting our precious treasure for rentals over and over. Thanks. :rose:
WaspTrap
Undrafted Free Agent

Re: I get the feeling that...

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:39 am

I welcome any and all posters. Differing viewpoints is great for discussion.

It's just when the discussion goes over board or becomes incessant ranting is where I draw the line. I won't put up with that here and already ran one guy off for that crap. I don't care if you absolutely love or absolutely loathe the team....if you show your work with your take and don't act like an ass, it will make for great discussion about the Indians and yes the prospects too. :friends:
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby GeronimoSon » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:41 am

WaspTrap wrote:The anti-dolan/anti-shapiro/anti-antonetti/Indians r cheap/complain about any move good or bad droolies are starting to migrate to this board from cleveland.com. It's annoying and boring - Ironmike, Tondo etc. This is Indians Prospect Insider, so more talk about prospects and upside, less talk about payrolls and deleting our precious treasure for rentals over and over. Thanks. :rose:
I disagree.. Ironmike is almost overflowing with his positive statements and effusive praise of the Mr Dolan and the Indians front office..he's solely attempting to provide added insight into what may be helpful !! Tondo is Ironmike's understudy and is learning the I-mike's ways !

Regarding the cleveland.com's droolies.. they are a fine group of naysayers. This season's results to date must be killing them. Just think, the trading deadline is just under 40 days away, so they'll have loads of new material to whine and complain about..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby Tondo » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:42 am

...and I get a feeling that someone created a new account just to bitch about certain posters...nice grown up move, lol

I got kinda invited/linked to this forum years ago via PM (fwiw, from clevelandfan.com) by a respected poster on here and was a long time lurker. FWIW, I even got invited to take part into the poster Top50 specs "game" back then but I never replied due to lack of time (sorry)...I may have strong opinions and voice them but I don't belittle posters and if I feel to do so I don't open a seperate account for it and devote a whole new thread to it...

For the record: I was anti-Wedge and a Shapiro/Mirabelli skeptic...never voiced much about Dolan as far as I remember.

Also, I'm as prospect happy as the next guy around here and hate to lose even a C-prospect in the Rule5, so don't know where the "prospects for rentals" accusation comes from...I'm not high on unwarranted "upside" but I have made good points as to why imho...I'm more a bottom line productions guy and bottom line is all those specs grooming is only useful if it helps to win in some shape or form (be it trade or promoting to MLB) at the MLB level...as long as a player has "upside" it means in most cases that he's not MLB ready and that's what's all about

Whatever urged you to make this post, it would have been classier if you just PMed me (and others)...under your real account that is

Have a nice day and feel free to skip my posts..nobody's forcing you to read them :wink:
Tondo
Single-A Phenom

Postby WaspTrap » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:02 am

I'll state it simply, I'm not about quashing your opinion or downgrading you, This is probably on a lot of the hearts and mind of the smart fans that post on this board and I think these things need to be said. I don't have another account and I'm not a regular poster, but I have read this page for couple years. I come here for respected insight on the Indians farm system and their prospects. I go to cleveland.com for a laugh. Here I'd rather read about Jeff Johnson's signing and upside 1000 times over than screaming about how the Indians won't trade for and pay "Insert Big Name" guy for a 7 year deal. This is Indian's Prospect Insider, It's about the upside and the positive future of the team. That said lately I'm getting bored to tears with all the negative harping thats going on. :wacko:
WaspTrap
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby Tondo » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:21 am

WaspTrap wrote: Here I'd rather read about Jeff Johnson's signing and upside 1000 times over than screaming about how the Indians won't trade for and pay "Insert Big Name" guy for a 7 year deal. This is Indian's Prospect Insider, It's about the upside and the positive future of the team. That said lately I'm getting bored to tears with all the negative harping thats going on. :wacko:

Ok, and where did I scream for a "big name" or advocate 7year deals? I know all to well the Indians market-reality. Also, I was probably the 1st on here who pimped Myles and wanted the FO to draft him in the mid rounds, days before the draft...same with Dillon in the 2nd...go re-read the Draft threads. I know my baseball, I'm no homer....next time you lump in my name in a childish attempt to diss, at least make sure you know which tree you're barking up...that's all I ask of you
Tondo
Single-A Phenom

Postby WaspTrap » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:33 am

And if you want to know my opinion, I think the Indians are doing fantastic prospect wise and in general for the whole org, Loved a lot of the picks in this years draft. If we can sign Lindor and the two Dillons (I think we will), it'll be plum amazing. We're right on the cusp of some long term success in a Tampa Bay sort of way. I know not everything works out perfectly in the end, but I'm gonna stay hopeful through the thick and thin.
WaspTrap
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby WaspTrap » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:50 am

:tease:
WaspTrap
Undrafted Free Agent

Return to Beyond The Minors