RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

2011 Cleveland Indians Comment Thread

Talk about the Cleveland Indians, Major League Baseball, and other sports.

Re: 2011 Cleveland Indians Game Thread

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:37 pm

TonyIPI wrote:Herrmann optioned out today. Smith expected to be activated tomorrow.

Really the easiest of the big 3 decisions coming up. No doubt though we'll see Herrmann again this summer (if not sooner).
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby GeronimoSon » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:17 am

Some thoughts on the last Angels game...

-Carlos Carrasco: effective and disciplined outing.. one of his more "professional" outings. It would have been easy to come unhinged after the Kendrick double and "keystone kops" defense allowing him to score. Abreu & Hunter did their thing, but CarCar settled quickly, thereafter.

-Torii Hunter ALWAYS kills the Indians.. Bobby Abreu gets more calls in his favor than any other batter in the league.

-Bobby Abreu: If Abreu doesn't swing at a pitch, it must be a ball..

-Bullpen Bunch (Pestano/Sipp/C.Perez): keep it up boys.. nice to see this group being molded into a cohesive & effective unit..

-Where's the offense?.. or rather was it the Angels pitching: the Angels have two of the top ten starting pitchers in the AL with Haren and Weaver, while Santana is no slouch. The Indians missed Weaver (they got Jimmy Chitwood off the basketball court for the lone win in the series), got handled by Haren & lost a tough one to Santana. The Tribe bats just couldn't find the ball.

-O's series starts off with their young lefty phenom Zach Britton. This could be a nasty game for the Wahoos.

-Good luck with the surgery, Tony..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby daingean » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:27 am

GeronimoSon wrote:Some thoughts on the last Angels game...

-Carlos Carrasco: effective and disciplined outing.. one of his more "professional" outings. It would have been easy to come unhinged after the Kendrick double and "keystone kops" defense allowing him to score. Abreu & Hunter did their thing, but CarCar settled quickly, thereafter.

-Torii Hunter ALWAYS kills the Indians.. Bobby Abreu gets more calls in his favor than any other batter in the league.

-Bobby Abreu: If Abreu doesn't swing at a pitch, it must be a ball..

-Bullpen Bunch (Pestano/Sipp/C.Perez): keep it up boys.. nice to see this group being molded into a cohesive & effective unit..

-Where's the offense?.. or rather was it the Angels pitching: the Angels have two of the top ten starting pitchers in the AL with Haren and Weaver, while Santana is no slouch. The Indians missed Weaver (they got Jimmy Chitwood off the basketball court for the lone win in the series), got handled by Haren & lost a tough one to Santana. The Tribe bats just couldn't find the ball.

-O's series starts off with their young lefty phenom Zach Britton. This could be a nasty game for the Wahoos.

-Good luck with the surgery, Tony..

There has to be some frustration with having a runner on third with less than 2 outs and not getting him home. Happened more than once.
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby daingean » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:38 pm

back in the win column 8-2 - still in 1st place
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Pork Chop Pough » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:09 am

Justin Masterson: 3 wins.
His former team: 2 wins.
Pork Chop Pough
Single-A Phenom

Postby ChadS17 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:25 am

Pork Chop Pough wrote:Justin Masterson: 3 wins.

His former team's catcher: Jarred Saltalamachia.

Can't figure they're too pleased with this trade at the moment.
ChadS17
Rookie Baller

Postby GeronimoSon » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:23 pm

ChadS17 wrote:
Pork Chop Pough wrote:Justin Masterson: 3 wins.

His former team's catcher: Jarred Saltalamachia.
Can't figure they're too pleased with this trade at the moment.
Just think.. if the Indians would have kept Cliff Lee, CC Sabathia, Victor Martinez and Jhonny Peralta, the Indians would need to charge $ 40 a ticket more for every game ! ($ 63 MM / 1.5 MM tickets sold = $ 40 ). Of course, with those three guys, then the Indians would have a completely different team.. no Masterson, no Marson, no CarCar, no Brantley, No Laporta, etc..

Teams like the Mets, Red Sox, Yankees, Phillies, et al have seen what we all have seen.. signing free agents to long term expensive contracts have short term benefits and long term misery. Chris Antonneti & Mark Shapiro have spent Mr Dolan's money both wisely and when the time was right.. The patience needed for this strategy, however, has been in short supply. That's sad..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby GeronimoSon » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:23 pm

I hate rain delays....
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby Hermie13 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:35 pm

Buck must have read about Grady possibly being back this week......3 hits today
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby MadThinker88 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:14 pm

Hermie13 wrote:Buck must have read about Grady possibly being back this week......3 hits today

At least he is coming around. Choo as well.
I look forward to the return of Grady and Donald but the process of activating these guys will force the FO to earn its money.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby MadThinker88 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:42 pm

I thought I read on this site that Buck was out of options. Now I'm seeing that Hoynes is reporting that Buck does have an option left.

If Buck has an option, then its rather simple to send him to Columbus to activate Grady when the time comes.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby jellis » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:13 pm

MadThinker88 wrote:I thought I read on this site that Buck was out of options. Now I'm seeing that Hoynes is reporting that Buck does have an option left.

If Buck has an option, then its rather simple to send him to Columbus to activate Grady when the time comes.

He has 1 left, so he will be sadly sent down. I would rather still have him then Kearns.

As a side note, I did not realize Mil is starting Betancourt at SS, I don't get how a team like that passed on OCAB. I still think he gets traded in July, but not sure why teams over looked a solid fielder who started for a play off team.
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby Hermie13 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:23 pm

jellis wrote:
MadThinker88 wrote:I thought I read on this site that Buck was out of options. Now I'm seeing that Hoynes is reporting that Buck does have an option left.

He has 1 left, so he will be sadly sent down. I would rather still have him then Kearns.

As a side note, I did not realize Mil is starting Betancourt at SS, I don't get how a team like that passed on OCAB. I still think he gets traded in July, but not sure why teams over looked a solid fielder who started for a play off team.

Betancourt was part of that Greinke trade and they did get a lil cash thrown in to cover his salary. I'm guessing the Royals semi-made them take Betancourt in the deal....and since they had him, might as well play him and not get another guy. I agree, though can't believe so many teams passed on O-Cab this winter. While his range and arm aren't what they used to be at short, he was hardly a liability there, and every year he seems to be in the playoffs. Just a gamer.

As far as Buck vs Kearns.....I'm indifferent. To men Kearns brings more than Buck, but neither is anything special. When Grady is back don't see why we need a lefty OF on the bench.

Then again, I would personally get rid of Duncan. with LaPorta and Hafner hitting, don't need a backup DH/1B like Duncan (hanahan and even Buck could back up 1B). But guess Duncan does bring a big bat off the bench.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby jellis » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:30 pm

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6370593

Checked with some friends, we are all hearing them mispronounce name. Need other people to confirm if I am insane
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby Hermie13 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:35 pm

jellis wrote:http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6370593

Checked with some friends, we are all hearing them mispronounce name. Need other people to confirm if I am insane

hmm, the names sounded fine to me. Though the first time I watched it I thought they said chin soo choo, but on second watch sounded fine to me :dunno:
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby GeronimoSon » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:53 pm

...the return of Grady and Donald but the process of activating these guys will force the FO to earn its money....
Which guy being activated presents the biggest problem?

With Grady... you know that he is just now getting to the point where he can play 9 innings and or back to back days. While he has hit well enough in the minors, it's still never going to be major league pitching, not by a damn sight.. So.. potentially.. with Grady, the Indians get a player who has limited availability in the field and a guy who will need to adjust to ML pitching.. Changing the composition of the current outfield may solve itself over the next week to ten days.. baseball has a way of working itself out that way..

W/R to adding Jason Donald.. the "MANahan" or Adam Everett would appear to be the most vulnerable.. both have played well defensively with a slight edge to Hannahan offensively...a very slight edge. Seems that one of these two guys would be valuable to a team that is in need of a decent glove guy at a low price. Perhaps the Dodgers.. Think the Dodgers would be interested in sending over another stud, future # 1 Indians prospect? Someone like a recent draft pick.. James Baldwin or Noel Cuevas as PTBNL...? IDK.. just a guess... Donald better get back soon before the Cord Phelps Steamroller flattens him...
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby GeronimoSon » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:55 pm

What a luxury.. having to big bats in the lineup.. a Lefty and a Right.. Pronk & Laporta.. While Laporta still has some pitch recognition issues.. PRONK has been locked in from the start.. Nice game for both today.. :friends:

Oh..did I mention I hate rain delays? :spiteful:
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby GeronimoSon » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:57 pm

jellis wrote:http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6370593

I hereby confirm you are insane.. now..what was that link all about? :tease:
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby osueddy » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Anyone know why Acta pulled Tomlin after just 79 pitches? I know that the argument will be that it is early in the season, but I got a little worried when Pestano had a rough 7th inning before the double play.

Speaking of misspellings: At the Akron home opener they had Chun-Hsiu Chen's name on the scoreboard as Chun-Soo Chen. Hoping he hits like him.
osueddy
Draft Prospect

Postby homerawayfromhome » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:51 pm

@ jellis Orlando Cabrero must of changed the last letter. :shok:
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:03 am

If Buck has an option left it certainly makes things a little clearer. He has used three options, so it appears maybe he has a fourth option due to the injuries the past few years.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby GeronimoSon » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:59 am

Jordan Bastian has a story posted after the Indians took the second game versus the B-Birds up on the Indians website claiming the Indians are on the verge of activating Grady Sizemore.. possibly today or within the next day or two.. He mentions that Travis Buck has an option remaining, so he is the most likely candidate to be sent down (He had quite a game in the Indians 8-3 win).. NOW.. where does Grady fit into the order?.. how about:

1. Michael Brantley - LF Lefty
2. Asdrubal Cabrera - SS Switch
3. Shin-Soo Choo - RF Lefty
4. Carlos Santana - C Switch
5. Travis Hafner - DH Lefty
6. Orlando Cabrera 2B Righty
7. Grady Sizemore - CF Lefty
8. Matt LaPorta - 1B Righty
9. Jack Hannahan - 3B Lefty

While it might be sensible to move Carlos Santana out of the cleanup spot, it's still only 13 games into the season. Manny should have patience with him. He's a good hitter that needs more AB's. If Matt LaPorta continues to spank the ball, swithing him into the four hole could be a "next step".. we'll see.

With young Mister(s) Donald, Phelps, and/or Chisenhall soon to arrive to the party..this lineup appears to be getting deeper and deeper..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby skydancing8 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:00 am

I'd rather move Brantley to 9th but if they don't want to do that then I'd roll with this lineup...

1. Michael Brantley - LF Lefty
2. Grady Sizemore - CF Lefty
3. Asdrubal Cabrera - SS Switch
4. Shin-Soo Choo - RF Lefty
5. Carlos Santana - C Switch
6. Travis Hafner - DH Lefty
7. Orlando Cabrera 2B Righty
8. Matt LaPorta - 1B Righty
9. Jack Hannahan - 3B Lefty

Also worth mentioning. Cord Phelps would look great in Hannahans spot. splitting up the Hannahan, Brantley, Sizemore wrap around.
skydancing8
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby TonyIBI » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:30 am

I think the only two courses of action being considered by the Indians are inserting Sizemore into the leadoff spot and moving Brantley to nine, or leaving Brantley at leadoff and putting Sizemore 7th. Would be surprised if they go any other route and screw around with the batting order. Cabrera is just fine in the 2-hole, and Choo is a classic 3-hole hitter. Santana will come around and is no doubt your cleanup hitter and really Travis fits nicely as that 5-hole guy. So I don't mess around with 2-5 as I am perfectly fine with what we have there.

Only question to me is if the Indians decided to ease him back in or just throw him right back out there in the leadoff role. Me personally, I ease him in, especially considering how well Brantley is playing. Why screw around with a good thing? I'm all about karma, and to me messing with the lineup too much could do just that.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Rocky55 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:37 pm

That new leadoff guy made a nice impression today. Read on the PD site that this is the 3rd series sweep of the year already. Bet we didn't have many more than that all of last year. Only 13K showed up. Wish I lived closer.
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Hermie13 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm

Acta had hinted at Grady leading off all winter, so not a huge surprise here. Grady has hit at the top (or near it) his whole career. he got injured....now got his spot back. Good to see Brantley get off to a great start, but the right move was made IMO. :drinks:
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby osueddy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:32 pm

Rocky55 wrote:That new leadoff guy made a nice impression today. Read on the PD site that this is the 3rd series sweep of the year already. Bet we didn't have many more than that all of last year. Only 13K showed up. Wish I lived closer.

Just 4 sweeps last season, all at home.
osueddy
Draft Prospect

Postby danh8 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:14 pm

Isn't winning fun ? Enjoying immensely. Would love to see more major league ball this year.. I'm a minor league junkie, but wouldn't mind mixing in more Indians games in the least...
danh8
Rookie Baller

Postby martyinnewyork » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:31 pm

Just got home from the game, went with my oldest son and oldest daughter plus my son's girlfriend. What a great game, despite the cold and wind. Fausto looked good, Pronk is back, Grady may once again be Grady, and Santana also went yard. Now keep it up and we may fill those seats when the weather cooperates.
By the way, Tony. finally picked up two copies of your book at the team shop!
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom

Postby osueddy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:51 pm

Numbers like this make me laugh:

Tony Sipp
1st in the AL with 6 holds
8 games, 8.2 IP, 0 ER, 0.58 WHIP, 0.00 ERA
$436,800

Rafael Soriano
7 games, 6.2 IP, 6 ER, 1.80 WHIP, 8.10 ERA
$9,000,000

I know it is early, but I like to sticking to Yankees fans whenever possible.
osueddy
Draft Prospect

Postby jellis » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:58 pm

I am now considering every game a must listen, I stayed in so I could catch them all. I just wish fans were showing up more, I know the weather is bad, but it is embarrassing when I see clips. I mean we have areas with no fans at all.
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:37 am

martyinnewyork wrote:By the way, Tony. finally picked up two copies of your book at the team shop!

Awesome, thanks!
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby danh8 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:40 am

martyinnewyork wrote:Just got home from the game, went with my oldest son and oldest daughter plus my son's girlfriend. What a great game, despite the cold and wind. Fausto looked good, Pronk is back, Grady may once again be Grady, and Santana also went yard. Now keep it up and we may fill those seats when the weather cooperates.
By the way, Tony. finally picked up two copies of your book at the team shop!

I made the trip from Erie to see the game as well. We're getting more and more walk ups ...if we continue winning the fans will support. Cleveland fans look for a reason to believe before they will support.
danh8
Rookie Baller

Postby GeronimoSon » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:51 am

Some quick observations from the finale of the sweep of the O's:

-Another well pitched game.. by both starters and excellent defense.. Fausto's hustle to complete the 3-6-1 DP.. Matt Laport's back handed stetch & scoop from a slightly errant Asdrubal throw.. Choo has to be wondering if he'll ever have another easy fly ball to catch, the sun & wind were brutal in RF..

-Tremendous return for Grady..

-Good way to break out of a slump by "spanking one" by Santana. Santana also made quite a few blocks of balls in the dirt..

- PRONK continues to see ball / hit ball..

- Travis Buck certainly doesn't want to go anywhere... Shelly may be in trouble tomorrow..

- On to Kansas City for an early four game series.. Go Tribe..
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby Hermie13 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:56 pm

osueddy wrote:Numbers like this make me laugh:

Tony Sipp
1st in the AL with 6 holds
8 games, 8.2 IP, 0 ER, 0.58 WHIP, 0.00 ERA
$436,800

Rafael Soriano
7 games, 6.2 IP, 6 ER, 1.80 WHIP, 8.10 ERA
$9,000,000

I know it is early, but I like to sticking to Yankees fans whenever possible.

To kind of go along with this....our entire bullpen (even when counting Jensen Lewis' $700K) makes just over $7M (by my calcs).......Soriano making $9M as a setup guy.....yikes. Heck, as of yesterday the Twins are paying a setup guy more than our entire bullpen (Nathan).
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Edible14 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:53 pm

Hermie13 wrote:To kind of go along with this....our entire bullpen (even when counting Jensen Lewis' $700K) makes just over $7M (by my calcs).......Soriano making $9M as a setup guy.....yikes. Heck, as of yesterday the Twins are paying a setup guy more than our entire bullpen (Nathan).

Cashman knew spending that much (and a draft pick) on a reliever was stupid, too. Reportedly, he didn't want to make that signing but Hank Steinbrenner forced him.

I remember that in 2007 there was a fuss over the Indians not getting enough free agent bullpen help. Seems funny now. I'm happy that the Indians are so stacked in that department these days.
Edible14
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby nubballguy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:26 pm

Great job by Duncan to put the Indians ahead. Now, especially with Brantley aboard on the walk, wouldn't it make sense to pinch run Everett for Duncan?
nubballguy
Draft Prospect

Postby nubballguy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:32 pm

Oops, sorry. Guess they had the same idea while I was writing that. Seems like it was helpful. :biggrin:
nubballguy
Draft Prospect

Postby ChadS17 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:34 pm

nubballguy wrote:Great job by Duncan to put the Indians ahead. Now, especially with Brantley aboard on the walk, wouldn't it make sense to pinch run Everett for Duncan?

Duncan just answered the Duncan/Buck debate.
ChadS17
Rookie Baller

Postby Edible14 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:41 pm

ChadS17 wrote:
nubballguy wrote:Great job by Duncan to put the Indians ahead. Now, especially with Brantley aboard on the walk, wouldn't it make sense to pinch run Everett for Duncan?

I don't think there was a Duncan/Buck debate. Buck is a lefty in an outfield of lefties. Duncan hits left-handed pitching better than anyone on the team. Duncan is clearly a guy the Indians have more use for.
Edible14
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Edible14 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:46 pm

Also, hell of a job by the bullpen tonight. Carrasco had an okay outing (technically a quality start), but wonderful job by Pestano, Raffy, Smith and Germano. I'm really liking what Pestano has brought to the table, and he's playing his way towards being a setup candidate. Obviously, we'll see what happens when the book is out on Pestano, but you have to be impressed so far.
Edible14
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Pork Chop Pough » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:50 pm

Edible14 wrote:
ChadS17 wrote:

I don't think there was a Duncan/Buck debate. Buck is a lefty in an outfield of lefties. Duncan hits left-handed pitching better than anyone on the team. Duncan is clearly a guy the Indians have more use for.

Agree completely. If the team was 4-12 instead of 12-4 there might be a debate, but when you're trying to win ball games, you need to have a right-handed bat on the bench that's capable of doing some damage.
Pork Chop Pough
Single-A Phenom

Postby TonyIBI » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:12 am

Edible14 wrote:
ChadS17 wrote:

Agreed . Duncan's job is safe on this team right now. Buck looks all but gone....though there may be a surprise still.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Rocky55 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:32 am

The Tribe Juggernaut continues to roll, crushing everything in it's path. Now tied with Colorado for the best record(12-4) in MLB. We keep this up maybe we'll finally get to play the Rockies in the WS.

Ain't this fun? :drinks:
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GeronimoSon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:48 am

A few notes/observations on the Indians ten inning win in KC last night:

-Grady Sizemore appears to be locked in.. every AB seems to be a good one.. gotta love what he's doing !

-Kudos to Shelly Duncan.. great job in limited opps... Game "winnah winnah, chicken dinnah!!".. in KC that might be considered blasphemy ! (with all the really great BBQ places).

-Michael Brantley glides to batted balls.. the ball hit toward the left field corner looked like BIG trouble, but he made the catch look effortless. Offensivley, Brantley is really getting on top of pitches... hits the ball where it's pitched.. Disciplined hitters at that age are a rare thing..

-Jeremy Jeffress, Royals RHRP.. has a huge arm and no idea where it's going.. Aaron Crow looks like he's going to be a damn good pitcher...

-Hannahan's BA may be in the .220-.230 range.. but his defense stopped at least two hits.. There used to be discussion about Omar in that regard.. his defense was worth about a hundred points on his BA...

-CarCar's outing was workmanlike.. he didn't give up a homer for the first time in IDK how many starts..

-Rick Mannings response to Matt Underwood's question about short swing versus long swing was TOTAL BS. It might be that Manning is attempting to respond at the lowest baseball knowledge level of the audience? If Manning wants to be "known"for his professional insight, he might want to tweak some of his responses..

JeanMar tongiht in his 2011 debut.. Looking forward to it... Keep it going !. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby A.Zajac » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:28 am

And of course Keith Law talks negatively about the Tribe in his new piece up on ESPN.. surprise, surprise.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby daingean » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:35 am

A.Zajac wrote:And of course Keith Law talks negatively about the Tribe in his new piece up on ESPN.. surprise, surprise.

What a jerk. Indian fans (Cleveland fans in general) seldom have a lot to be happy about. We are off to a great start and then this guy writes this crap. If he is right, he can write about it after we slump. Can't we at least enjoy our success? :s_mad
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby A.Zajac » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:09 pm

daingean wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:And of course Keith Law talks negatively about the Tribe in his new piece up on ESPN.. surprise, surprise.

What a jerk. Indian fans (Cleveland fans in general) seldom have a lot to be happy about. We are off to a great start and then this guy writes this crap. If he is right, he can write about it after we slump. Can't we at least enjoy our success? :s_mad

Sad part is he makes some weak points, including that our overall team defense is below average, that our bullpen is headed for regression (saying that Pure Rage has had career long-term control issues, basically saying he's overrated, Raffey Left hasn't been the same since 2007), doubting Masterson's success, saying ACab and Hafner will fall back down to earth..

Typical, Law...
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby daingean » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:21 pm

A.Zajac wrote:
daingean wrote:

Sad part is he makes some weak points, including that our overall team defense is below average, that our bullpen is headed for regression (saying that Pure Rage has had career long-term control issues, basically saying he's overrated, Raffey Left hasn't been the same since 2007), doubting Masterson's success, saying ACab and Hafner will fall back down to earth..

Typical, Law...

Well some of what he writes might be true but it is totally classless to write at this point. Yeah ACab and Hafner will come back to earth but Santana and Choo will get things rolling. I disagree on the bullpen because I think we have some good arms. Plus if this team stays in it until June then we will be getting some help (White, Chiz, Phelps, Kipnis will at least help with depth).

My biggest concern is the starting rotation not going deep enough in games and the bullpen getting over used and thus far my concerns are not coming to realization. This team will score and if we get decent starting we can stay up there.

The season is a marathon and there is a long way to go. Am I buying in yet? Not exactly but I am enjoying the run and every win shortens the season by 1 and I think we can have enough in the end to win a sprint.
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Hermie13 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:30 pm

GeronimoSon wrote:-CarCar's outing was workmanlike.. he didn't give up a homer for the first time in IDK how many starts..

ha....it had been 2 starts since he went a game without giving up a HR actually. Carrasco has only given up 1 HR this year....which came in his previous outing against the Angels...

I will assume you celebrated thew in with a couple drinks so that's why your mind was cloudy there though :drinks:
Hermie13
MLB All Star

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Minors