RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Sarbaugh well-deserved BA Minors Manager of the Year

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Sarbaugh well-deserved BA Minors Manager of the Year

Postby gotribe31 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:21 pm

gotribe31
Draft Prospect

Re: Sarbaugh well-deserved BA Minors Manager of the Year

Postby Rocky55 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:28 pm

Great article. Hope we can keep Sarbaugh in the org. The players seem to love the guy. I still remember Tony's vid of the Aero's post championship game celebration, with the players chanting SAR BEE!!! SAR BEE!!!

Dude's a winner.
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:29 am

Rocky55 wrote:Great article. Hope we can keep Sarbaugh in the org. The players seem to love the guy. I still remember Tony's vid of the Aero's post championship game celebration, with the players chanting SAR BEE!!! SAR BEE!!!

Dude's a winner.

I've gotten to know Sarby a lot over the years. The guy not only wins, but has a knack for communicating well with his players and getting the best out of them....something that is easier said than done, especially in this day and age.

I'd expect this upcoming season to be his last in the minors as I would expect another good year to merit his addition to the big league staff in Cleveland as an infield coach and serve as the first/third base coach. If not, he could go the route of Lovullo and go to another org.....but I don't expect that. Lovullo was Farrell's guy, just like Sarby is Atkins' guy, so I expect something to work out for Sarby next offseason to keep him in the wigwam.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:16 pm

Congrats! :clapping:
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Return to Indians Prospect Talk