RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

2010 Winter Ball Assignments

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

2010 Winter Ball Assignments

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:00 pm

Arizona Fall League (Peoria Javelinas)
Scott Barnes RHP
Eric Berger LHP
Chun Lee RHP
Bryan Price RHP
Travis Turek RHP
Jason Kipnis INF
Roberto Perez CA
Cord Phelps INF
Mike Sarbaugh Manager

Arizona Paralella League
Elvis Araujo LHP
Jose Flores RHP
Santos Frias RHP
Preston Guilmet RHP
Adam Miller RHP
Tyler Sturdevant RHP
Trent Baker OF
Juan Diaz SS
Karexon Sanchez 2B/SS
Donnie Webb OF

Colombia League
Aaron Holbert Hitting Coach, Cartagena

Dominican Republic
Josh Judy RHP, Aguilas
Luke Carlin CA, Aguilas
Matt McBride 1B, Gigantes de San Francisco

Puerto Rico
Jayson Nix 3B, San Juan

Venezuela
Jared Goedert 3B/OF, Caracas
Nick Weglarz OF, Caracas
Dave Hudgens Manager, Caracas
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: 2010 Winter Ball Assignments

Postby indianinkslinger » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:26 pm

Seems like a pretty reasonable list but a little surprised at the omission of JRod and Valbuena. Maybe 40 status is already decided on both.
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud
 
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:11 pm

Re: 2010 Winter Ball Assignments

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:42 pm

indianinkslinger wrote:Seems like a pretty reasonable list but a little surprised at the omission of JRod and Valbuena. Maybe 40 status is already decided on both.


I'd expect more players to be added to this list in the coming weeks.
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: 2010 Winter Ball Assignments

Postby TitoFrancona » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:51 pm

I know he's the longest of long shots, but it should be interesting to see how Adam Miller does this winter. I have long given up any hope of him ever being a major league starter, but if he can get his velocity back up to upper 90s, who knows? He still might have a future as a reliever.
TitoFrancona
Draft Prospect
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:18 pm

Re: 2010 Winter Ball Assignments

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:29 pm

TonyIPI wrote:Arizona Fall League (Peoria Javelinas)
Scott Barnes RHP
Eric Berger LHP
Chun Lee RHP
Bryan Price RHP
Travis Turek RHP
Jason Kipnis INF
Roberto Perez CA
Cord Phelps INF
Mike Sarbaugh Manager

Arizona Paralella League
Elvis Araujo LHP
Jose Flores RHP
Santos Frias RHP
Preston Guilmet RHP
Adam Miller RHP
Tyler Sturdevant RHP
Trent Baker OF
Juan Diaz SS
Karexon Sanchez 2B/SS
Donnie Webb OF

Colombia League
Aaron Holbert Hitting Coach, Cartagena

Dominican Republic
Josh Judy RHP, Aguilas
Luke Carlin CA, Aguilas
Matt McBride 1B, Gigantes de San Francisco

Puerto Rico
Jayson Nix 3B, San Juan

Venezuela
Jared Goedert 3B/OF, Caracas
Nick Weglarz OF, Caracas
Dave Hudgens Manager, Caracas



hmm.....OF huh? :s_tongue
Hermie13
MLB All Star
 
Posts: 7120
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:34 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: 2010 Winter Ball Assignments

Postby Jake Taylor » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:45 pm

I'm definitely most excited to see how Araujo and Miller fare in the Parallel League.

If both are healthy (I know, longshot) where would they be headed next year? Miller back to the 40-man?
Jake Taylor
Rookie Baller
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:19 pm

Re: 2010 Winter Ball Assignments

Postby martyinnewyork » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:53 pm

Nice to see Adam Miller on the list...
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:16 pm

Re: 2010 Winter Ball Assignments

Postby elrod enchilada » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:29 pm

I thought Scott Barnes was a leftie?
elrod enchilada
Draft Prospect
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: 2010 Winter Ball Assignments

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:52 pm

martyinnewyork wrote:Nice to see Adam Miller on the list...


Can't wait to see him when I get out there in 10 days....hope he is still pitching then. If he pitches I will certainly get some video on it.

The Indians have to seriously consider rostering him because now scouts from other teams will be watching, and if he does well and stays healthy, I am not sure I see him getting through the Rule 5.
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: 2010 Winter Ball Assignments

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:02 pm

elrod enchilada wrote:I thought Scott Barnes was a leftie?


He is.
Hermie13
MLB All Star
 
Posts: 7120
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:34 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: 2010 Winter Ball Assignments

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:05 pm

Goedert 1-for-2 with a 2-run 2B so far for Caracas in the VWL opener.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:51 pm

Re: 2010 Winter Ball Assignments

Postby TitoFrancona » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:32 pm

dazindiansfanuk wrote:Goedert 1-for-2 with a 2-run 2B so far for Caracas in the VWL opener.


Is he playing 3rd, daz?
TitoFrancona
Draft Prospect
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:18 pm

Re: 2010 Winter Ball Assignments

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:08 am

TitoFrancona wrote:
dazindiansfanuk wrote:Goedert 1-for-2 with a 2-run 2B so far for Caracas in the VWL opener.


Is he playing 3rd, daz?


Yes
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:51 pm

Re: 2010 Winter Ball Assignments

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:00 pm

Did Goedert leave the Leones due to injury yesterday? google translation is a bit rough....but sounds like he's got a bum elbow that is preventing him from even swinging and he's leaving the team?

Anyone confirm this?
Hermie13
MLB All Star
 
Posts: 7120
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:34 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: 2010 Winter Ball Assignments

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:17 pm

Hermie13 wrote:Did Goedert leave the Leones due to injury yesterday? google translation is a bit rough....but sounds like he's got a bum elbow that is preventing him from even swinging and he's leaving the team?

Anyone confirm this?


Not sure, but he did come out of the game on Sunday for some reason. He did not play Monday and they were off on Tuesday. We'll see if he is back in the lineup tonight. I don't believe he has left. May just be out a short bit.
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: 2010 Winter Ball Assignments

Postby indianinkslinger » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:20 am

Tony, I have not seen anything posted on Nix in PR. Have i missed it or is he a late add?
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud
 
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:11 pm

Re: 2010 Winter Ball Assignments

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:21 am

indianinkslinger wrote:Tony, I have not seen anything posted on Nix in PR. Have i missed it or is he a late add?


He hasn't played yet. May be a later roster add as a lot of these guys are only out there a few weeks and split the season with others.
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: 2010 Winter Ball Assignments

Postby GhostofTedCox » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:52 pm

TonyIPI wrote:
indianinkslinger wrote:Tony, I have not seen anything posted on Nix in PR. Have i missed it or is he a late add?


He hasn't played yet. May be a later roster add as a lot of these guys are only out there a few weeks and split the season with others.


If the idea is for him to improve his skills at 3b, I don't see how playing 2 weeks of winter ball will help. Fryman did a great job with Chis when he came into the system. I would have Travis give him a seminar.
User avatar
GhostofTedCox
Single-A Phenom
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:24 pm

Re: 2010 Winter Ball Assignments

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:53 pm

TonyIPI wrote:
Hermie13 wrote:Did Goedert leave the Leones due to injury yesterday? google translation is a bit rough....but sounds like he's got a bum elbow that is preventing him from even swinging and he's leaving the team?

Anyone confirm this?


Not sure, but he did come out of the game on Sunday for some reason. He did not play Monday and they were off on Tuesday. We'll see if he is back in the lineup tonight. I don't believe he has left. May just be out a short bit.


He didn't play yesterday either....

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 26prmd%3Di

According to that article on the team site, Goedert is leaving the "Venezuelan Professional Baseball League by failing to overcome the problems in his right elbow."


Could be bad translation though.......later in the article it states that Weglarz (who joined the team yesterday or today according to the report) is a "gardener and first base".......so again, could be bad translation/misinterpretation.


Also.....in case anyone cares, our old buddy Tom Mastny is joining the Leones as well.
Hermie13
MLB All Star
 
Posts: 7120
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:34 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: 2010 Winter Ball Assignments

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:04 pm

Goedert is back home in the states.

He was actually supposed to come home right about now once Weglarz joined the team, but a minor flare up with an elbow issue shortened his season there by about two games. Would have played up until Tuesday or yesterday.
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm


Return to Indians Prospect Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests