RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

A day in the life

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

A day in the life

Postby Pestano » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:33 pm

This day should be shared by all who have supported Vinnie over the years from short season to AAA to Cleveland. I wanted to share some of our emotions with you, even though this is just an audition, thank you Cleveland, our special day with Vinnie. http://www.vinniepestano.shutterfly.com the password is MLB all caps.
Last edited by Pestano on Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pestano
Undrafted Free Agent

Re: A day in the life

Postby danh8 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:52 pm

I've watched alot of kids come up through, and Vin has the right makeup for success. He has the mental toughness, work ethic, and self confidence required, especially for the ups and downs that come from late inning relief work. Beyond all the physocal abilties which he obviously is equipped with, I see in him the intangibles that can't be taught that will lead to a long successful career.. God willing.

Thanks for sharing with us a slice of your family's experience ...appreciated.
danh8
Rookie Baller

Postby artgold » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:26 pm

Nice that you captured so much of it on camera. Good to see y'all are enjoying the experience, certainly one hell of an achievement.
artgold
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:55 pm

artgold wrote:Nice that you captured so much of it on camera. Good to see y'all are enjoying the experience, certainly one hell of an achievement.

Yes, something I think that is often overlooked is that all of these players are human beings. They react to disappointment/success, the good/bad, etc all the same as we would in our daily lives. They have families, and in a lot of cases a wife and child they are trying to support. They are people. Something that I just think often is forgotten in the day and age of the stigma that is placed on the modern professional athlete. All don't live like A-Rod, Jeter, etc. Most are humble and scraping to survive. So while it often goes unnoticed by the masses, it IS a significant achievement just to get to the bigs. Congrats again to Vinnie....now comes the hardest part: staying in the bigs and staying relevant! The climb up that mountain never ends!
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby npc29 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:40 am

What an amazing experience that must have been! Thanks so much for sharing what is a once-in-a-lifetime moment for your family and Vinnie. I know I'm rooting for him.
npc29
Single-A Phenom

Return to Indians Prospect Talk