RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Tribe claim Chad Huffman

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Tribe claim Chad Huffman

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:26 pm

dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Re: Tribe claim Chad Huffman

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:27 pm

Yeah, as I noted in a tweet earlier, I don't get this pickup.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:29 pm

TonyIPI wrote:Yeah, as I noted in a tweet earlier, I don't get this pickup.

Me neither really..... perhaps a Trevor Crowe replacement?!
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Edible14 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:37 pm

I find the move a tad puzzling as well. He strikes me as Jordan Brown but right handed, from reading what a quick google search brings me. Not bad or good on the basepaths, brings power and a decent eye to the plate. Not very good at this whole "defense" thing. Bat has yet to translate to the bigs, but he hasn't gotten MUCH of an opportunity yet.

He can hardly be called an "elite" prospect, as he's been DFA'd twice now, but he might be an interesting piece. I just wonder what the team could possibly have planned for him and Sutton going forward. It seems the OF is crowded at the upper levels of the system. There's a few guys who might be getting out of here after this year (Constanza, Duncan), but it still looks pretty crowded going into next year. I wonder how they're possibly going to be getting playing time for these two (that being said, they'll likely both be getting DFA'd in the offseason, so maybe they won't be here).
Edible14
Double-A Hot Shot

Return to Indians Prospect Talk