RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Official 2010 Columbus Clippers Thread

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Official 2010 Columbus Clippers Thread

Postby TonyIBI » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:52 pm

Time to get one of these started....here is the opening day roster (this is more than the 25 man limit so some changes will occur with guys changing to inactive or DL):

Rotation: Carlos Carrasco (RHP), Jeanmar Gomez (RHP), Scott Lewis (LHP), Yohan Pino (RHP), Hector Rondon (RHP), Jeremy Sowers (LHP)
Bullpen: Mike Gosling (LHP), Frank Herrmann (RHP), Josh Judy (RHP), Saul Rivera (RHP), Carlton Smith (RHP), Jess Todd (RHP), Josh Tomlin (RHP), Steven Wright (RHP), Jeremy Sowers (LHP)
Bench: Damaso Espino (C), Brian Horwitz (OF), Jerad Head (INF/OF), Jordan Brown (DL), Niuman Romero (INF), Brian Buscher (INF)

Lineup:
Carlos Santana (C)
Shelly Duncan (1B)
Brian Bixler (2B)
Jason Donald (SS)
Wes Hodges (3B)
Chris Gimenez (LF)
Jose Constanza (CF)
Trevor Crowe (RF)
Luis Rodriguez (DH)
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Re: Official 2010 Columbus Clippers Thread

Postby Hermie13 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:31 am

Is Scott Lewis openign on the team?

And you really think Gimenez and Rodriguez are gonna start over Horwitz?
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:32 pm

Tony, just thought I'd remind you that roster limit for C-Bus and Akron is 24, not 25.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby TonyIBI » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:45 pm

Yes, correct, it is 24 at AAA/AA....I had copied the post from the Lake County thread and forgot to edit that.

No idea on who is starting some of these spots....just an educated guess.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby dnosco » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:41 pm

So, now Hodges BACK to 3B...about two weeks after the switch was announced?!?
dnosco
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:52 pm

dnosco wrote:So, now Hodges BACK to 3B...about two weeks after the switch was announced?!?

No switch was announced. Only thing announced was he would split time at 1b/3B (his primary position will still very likely be 3B).
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby rneale3 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:27 pm

Wyatt Toregas? Ex-Tribe Farmhand?

After Marson's debut Monday, well just hold on a minute.
"Sell 'crazy' someplace else, we're all stocked up here." - Melvin Udall
rneale3
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby A.Zajac » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:50 pm

rneale3 wrote:Wyatt Toregas? Ex-Tribe Farmhand?

After Marson's debut Monday, well just hold on a minute.

Doubt it. After one game? Not a chance. Indians are going to give Marson every opportunity in the world until Santana is ready.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:18 am

Yeah, Marson is going to be given every opportunity to prove himself these next few months. That said, I know that there have been some concerns from inside the organization this spring with his game calling and work behind the plate from those who work more directly with him (all I will say on that), so it will be interesting to see how he does these next few months. Not saying the org thinks less of him (they think highly of him), but I have heard some things from non-front office types that concern me a little.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:51 am

Is anyone else getting a deja vu feeling with Marson/Santana here.........feels an awful lot like the Josh Bard/Victor Martinez situation....

Marson (like Bard) is actually younger than the top catching prospect Santana (like Martinez). We knew Bard was only a stopgap til Martinez was ready as a catcher......hmm....sounds an awful like what Marson is here for.

Marson is the more highly rated prospect than Bard.....but could easily argue Santana is the better prospect than Martinez ever was.

Really hope Marson does prove himself and can be dealt for something better than being a throwin for a deal down the line like Bard was......cause I'm really gonna hate it if we have a Santana/Marson catching combo in 2011....
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Clippers Thread

Postby rneale3 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:03 am

Marson had a tough game, but he scrapped, I'll give him that.

Seemed like he had no idea where the pitch was gonna be - go figure!

He's better than that -- he should be alright.
"Sell 'crazy' someplace else, we're all stocked up here." - Melvin Udall
rneale3
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby criznit2009 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:40 pm

rneale3 wrote:Seemed like he had no idea where the pitch was gonna be - go figure!

He's better than that -- he should be alright.

I think he will be fine. Opening day jitters.. Its kind of funny to think about but out of the line up you would have to think Marson, Westbrook and Grudz probably had the biggest butterflies out of everyone. Oh and Westbrooks pitching style isn't exactly catcher friendly under any circumstances and when you're as wild as he was in that game, good luck.
criznit2009
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:49 pm

Not saying the Indians have changed their mind on Toregas and trading him, but they may want to hold onto him. I know Jake was not happy after the game on Monday.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:54 pm

Consigliere wrote:Not saying the Indians have changed their mind on Toregas and trading him, but they may want to hold onto him. I know Jake was not happy after the game on Monday.

Could having Redmond do double duty as both Jake and Fausto's personal catcher be an option?
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:12 pm

Upper Box Woodchuck wrote:Could having Redmond do double duty as both Jake and Fausto's personal catcher be an option?

Personally I'd rather see Redmond avoid catching Westbrook ever. We don't need a vet catcher trying to help out Westbrook. He's a vet himself and knows what he needs to do on the mound. Plus, he's gone after this year, so his development as he comes back from injury is a moot point for us.

I'd rather see Redmond get in there for Materson, Huff, and Talbot more to help them when they're struggling.

Not saying he catches all those guys all the time, but mix and match some. But just my opinion...
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:25 pm

Columbus roster is set....but there will be A LOT of changes the next few weeks.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb ... e&sid=t445

Niuman Romero, Jerad Head, Jordan Brown, Adam Miller, Jason Grilli, and Josh Judy all open on the 7-day DL. Do note, some of those guys are not hurt as it is just their roster status to allow for other guys to get on their in the short term.

Also, two rehabs going on with Russell Branyan and Hector Ambriz.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:03 pm

Consigliere wrote:Columbus roster is set....but there will be A LOT of changes the next few weeks.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb ... e&sid=t445

Niuman Romero, Jerad Head, Jordan Brown, Adam Miller, Jason Grilli, and Josh Judy all open on the 7-day DL. Do note, some of those guys are not hurt as it is just their roster status to allow for other guys to get on their in the short term.

Also, two rehabs going on with Russell Branyan and Hector Ambriz.

Very interested in seeing how that goes....
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby dnosco » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:51 pm

Anyone else have the minor league video package? I am going to buy it again but it is almost a waste since I have very little time between job, coaching and kids to watch a whole game on my computer.
dnosco
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:52 pm

INF Anderson Hernandez was outrighted to Columbus today, and INF Luis Rodriguez was transferred to Mahoning Valley (inactive).
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby InsaneJedi » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:11 pm

Any word on Jeremy Sowers? Is he in limbo right now?

EDIT--Never mind. Saw your response on the article. It's odd that he's not actually on the Columbus roster (on the 7-day DL) though.
InsaneJedi
Draft Prospect

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:29 pm

He hasn't been officially added yet....and probably won't be until the elbow soreness issue is cleared up.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:59 pm

Carrasco with 5Ks through 3IP, but has allowed a 2-run HR to Pedro Alvarez...... Gimenez with a 2-run HR has the Clippers trailing 3-2.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/game ... a_colaaa_1
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby JP_Frost » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:02 pm

Alvarez hit a solo shot. The other run came earlier in the inning.
JP_Frost
Triple-A Stud

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:06 pm

JP_Frost wrote:Alvarez hit a solo shot. The other run came earlier in the inning.

It was a 2-run shot.... it was a 3 run inning.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:28 pm

Santana ties it up with a solo shot.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:29 pm

Hodges follows with a shot of his own to put the Clippers on top.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:50 pm

Santana goes yard again..... 3-for-4, 2HR.... have we started the countdown to his ML debut yet?
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:16 pm

Santana adds a 2-run 2B in his next AB..... Clippers cruising 16-4 after 7.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GradyLady279 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:34 pm

Santana has added a bases loaded double to his two homers. it's now 17-4 Clippers going to the top of the ninth. BTW, Branyan went 3-3 with a double and a walk before being pulled for a pinch runner.
GradyLady279
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby MadThinker88 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:56 pm

GradyLady279 wrote:Santana has added a bases loaded double to his two homers. it's now 17-4 Clippers going to the top of the ninth. BTW, Branyan went 3-3 with a double and a walk before being pulled for a pinch runner.

Can we now agree that we are glad Vinnie Chulk is no longer pitching in the Tribe organization??? 8 runs on 7 hits in one-third of an inning. OUCH!
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:58 pm

Not a bad debut for this Santana kid in AAA huh? 4-for-5, 2 runs, 2B, 2 HR, 4 RBI

Was fun talking about his game real time on the show tonight.

It's still about the intangibles with him, so even if he hits .900 he ain't coming up to Cleveland until mid-May at the earliest.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby A.Zajac » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:22 am

What a start for Santana! Wow!
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby dnosco » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:57 am

A couple of thoughts on tonight's game, which I watched on MiLB TV.

1. Santana looks SO good. Sorry, I let him bat that last time ONLY because the bases were loaded. Heck, if he gets on let Espino run for him. But don't take the bat out of his hands with the bases loaded and one out.

2. Vinnie Chulk looked sooooo bad

3. Hodges is going to be a pretty good firstbaseman

4. Having the reigning IL MVP in the middle of your lineup helps ALL your hitters.

5. Carrasco is still Carrasco. I think we ought to send Redmond down to AAA to work with him.

6. It may be that I am looking for it but it will be REALLY interesting to me if Crowe does a Brandon Phillips Part Deux this year at AAA. I mean, the guy thrives on challenges, not repeating levels. I worry he will tank it at AAA due to boredom/anger and, as in the past with Phillips and others, the FO will pat themselves on the back as to how they were right for picking Kearns. Acta is singing a different tune but I really think if Crowe doesn't believe Acta and play like it, this board will turn on him without looking between the numbers.

7. The bullpen will be really interesting in Columbus but I keep asking myself what are Gosling and Rivera doing there? Acting as insurance...for what? I think Wagner and Stiller and others ought to be at AAA to avoid the self-fulfilling prophecy of 'they aren't ready for the big leagues' that we are hearing on this board about Herrmann. Surely if guys aren't ready after success in AAA who will think that AA relievers should get a shot? That is what these guys fight against. Can't get experience because you don't have experience and because your ERA isn't a zero followed by a bunch of small numbers after the decimal point.
dnosco
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:38 am

dnosco wrote:7. The bullpen will be really interesting in Columbus but I keep asking myself what are Gosling and Rivera doing there? Acting as insurance...for what? I think Wagner and Stiller and others ought to be at AAA to avoid the self-fulfilling prophecy of 'they aren't ready for the big leagues' that we are hearing on this board about Herrmann. Surely if guys aren't ready after success in AAA who will think that AA relievers should get a shot? That is what these guys fight against. Can't get experience because you don't have experience and because your ERA isn't a zero followed by a bunch of small numbers after the decimal point.

Guys like Rivera and Gosling are important for the same reason as Wright is in Cleveland. Rivera is another option they will likely turn to if a short term need arises in Cleveland, whereas with Rivera and Gosling since the Triple-A rosters are often in flux and sometimes teams are short-handed with pitchers you ALWAYS need a guy or two on your staff that you can over-use when needed without worrying about injurring them. Happened at least a dozen times in Columbus last year where they over-exposed a veteran arm because the pen was depleted because of use and callups/movement, and will happen again. It's why the AAA pen should always have a guy or two like this.

Stiller, Edell, and Wagner all likely get their shot at some point, as will Judy. Gonna be lots of movement in the pen especially once Sowers and Judy are activated.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:35 am

dnosco wrote:A couple of thoughts on tonight's game, which I watched on MiLB TV.

1. Santana looks SO good. Sorry, I let him bat that last time ONLY because the bases were loaded. Heck, if he gets on let Espino run for him. But don't take the bat out of his hands with the bases loaded and one out.

2. Vinnie Chulk looked sooooo bad

3. Hodges is going to be a pretty good firstbaseman

4. Having the reigning IL MVP in the middle of your lineup helps ALL your hitters.

5. Carrasco is still Carrasco. I think we ought to send Redmond down to AAA to work with him.

6. It may be that I am looking for it but it will be REALLY interesting to me if Crowe does a Brandon Phillips Part Deux this year at AAA. I mean, the guy thrives on challenges, not repeating levels. I worry he will tank it at AAA due to boredom/anger and, as in the past with Phillips and others, the FO will pat themselves on the back as to how they were right for picking Kearns. Acta is singing a different tune but I really think if Crowe doesn't believe Acta and play like it, this board will turn on him without looking between the numbers.

7. The bullpen will be really interesting in Columbus but I keep asking myself what are Gosling and Rivera doing there? Acting as insurance...for what? I think Wagner and Stiller and others ought to be at AAA to avoid the self-fulfilling prophecy of 'they aren't ready for the big leagues' that we are hearing on this board about Herrmann. Surely if guys aren't ready after success in AAA who will think that AA relievers should get a shot? That is what these guys fight against. Can't get experience because you don't have experience and because your ERA isn't a zero followed by a bunch of small numbers after the decimal point.

I'm really curious how you can keep saying Crowe only thrives when he's challenged....especially when the opposite is the truth.

Indians Challenged him to learn 2B (a position that really shouldn't be that hard for a good athlete to learn).....and he absolutely failed there.

In 2006 he got up to AA (after playing at Kinston and LC).....he hit .234 with a .643 OPS in 154 at-bats.

For 2007 the Tribe challenged him by allowed him to start in Akron even though he struggled mightily there the year before. What did he do? Hit a whopping .263 with an amazing .706 OPS. Yup, he REALLY proved the Indians right by challenging him there.

In 2008 the Tribe decided he still need work so let him repeat AA even after having over a full season there....and THAT is when he finally started to succeed to a tune of a .323 batting average and .889 OPS. He was awarded with a bump up to AAA where he hit .274 with a solid .836 OPS.

In 2009 the Indians Challenged Crowe by letting him get the start on the ML roster on opening day last year.....he hit a whopping .235 in the MLs last year with a mammoth .611 OPS in a few stints.

While REPEATING AAA last year? He hit .301 with a solid .807 OPS (and great .404 OBP).

So again, other than that short stint in 2008, he's actually MUCH BETTER when he's not challenged and is allowed to repeat levels.

He could become like Phillips.....but he hasn't shown any signs of it.....quite the opposite actually.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby dnosco » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:42 pm

Consigliere wrote:
dnosco wrote:7. The bullpen will be really interesting in Columbus but I keep asking myself what are Gosling and Rivera doing there? Acting as insurance...for what? I think Wagner and Stiller and others ought to be at AAA to avoid the self-fulfilling prophecy of 'they aren't ready for the big leagues' that we are hearing on this board about Herrmann. Surely if guys aren't ready after success in AAA who will think that AA relievers should get a shot? That is what these guys fight against. Can't get experience because you don't have experience and because your ERA isn't a zero followed by a bunch of small numbers after the decimal point.

Guys like Rivera and Gosling are important for the same reason as Wright is in Cleveland. Rivera is another option they will likely turn to if a short term need arises in Cleveland, whereas with Rivera and Gosling since the Triple-A rosters are often in flux and sometimes teams are short-handed with pitchers you ALWAYS need a guy or two on your staff that you can over-use when needed without worrying about injurring them. Happened at least a dozen times in Columbus last year where they over-exposed a veteran arm because the pen was depleted because of use and callups/movement, and will happen again. It's why the AAA pen should always have a guy or two like this.

Stiller, Edell, and Wagner all likely get their shot at some point, as will Judy. Gonna be lots of movement in the pen especially once Sowers and Judy are activated.

Agreed. I have grown to understand and love the veteran arms used this way. I don't know that Rivera, as a career reliever, fits that mold as much as Gosling does, but that's just my opinion.

If they use these guys at AAA that's great. However, last year, a number of those AAAA guys found their way to Cleveland, much, of course, to my dismay. One advantage to them is that you don't have to worry about them if you have to DFA them. However, you don't learn anything about your organization, either, as those guys have no future in the organization unless they suddenly get hit with a magic wand and they become different pitchers.
dnosco
Triple-A Stud

Postby dnosco » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:53 pm

The point is, that when he conquers a level he doesn't want to go back. He conquered AAA and then we sent him back there. It is NOT that he only thrives when challenged. That is your interpretation of what I said and, frankly, I have said what you said about 100 times waht you outlined above. His second time through a league he usually dominates. He struggles his first time through a league (like last year in the majors) and then normally picks it up.

So, he should have done better in the majors THIS year and, as I said, will be the first time he has conquered a level (AAA in 2009) and has been asked to go back to that level. My opinion is, with a guy this driven, it will have an adverse affect on him just like it did with Phillips. Have a different opinion if you want.
dnosco
Triple-A Stud

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:09 pm

dnosco wrote:The point is, that when he conquers a level he doesn't want to go back. He conquered AAA and then we sent him back there. It is NOT that he only thrives when challenged. That is your interpretation of what I said and, frankly, I have said what you said about 100 times waht you outlined above. His second time through a league he usually dominates. He struggles his first time through a league (like last year in the majors) and then normally picks it up.

So, he should have done better in the majors THIS year and, as I said, will be the first time he has conquered a level (AAA in 2009) and has been asked to go back to that level. My opinion is, with a guy this driven, it will have an adverse affect on him just like it did with Phillips. Have a different opinion if you want.

Explain how last year he did so well at AAA even when he was repeating the level (had half a year there already) then?

And you are the one that used the term challenged. There's really no interpretation needed there. When Crowe is CHALLENGED he fails, period. When he's allowed REPEAT levels (was at AA for parts of FOUR season) that's when he does well.

I just don't see Phillips and Crowe as similar prospects. Phillips had maturity issues and always thought he was God's gift to the world. Crowe just doesn't strike me as that type of player.....suppose I could be wrong.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:13 pm

I'll have some firsthand impressions to share re: the Clips tomorrow, heading down to Huntington Park (not to be confused with Hunt Park - the Columbusites on here should get that one :biggrin: ) tonight.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:18 pm

FYI, I will be in Columbus this weekend on Sat and Sun to see the Clippers, so anyone going to either game be on the lookout for a guy in a dark navy blue STO fleece jacket with video camera and photo camera in hand shooting like crazy during the game all over the field. :s_smile
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby dnosco » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:26 pm

Hermie13 wrote:
dnosco wrote:The point is, that when he conquers a level he doesn't want to go back. He conquered AAA and then we sent him back there. It is NOT that he only thrives when challenged. That is your interpretation of what I said and, frankly, I have said what you said about 100 times waht you outlined above. His second time through a league he usually dominates. He struggles his first time through a league (like last year in the majors) and then normally picks it up.

Explain how last year he did so well at AAA even when he was repeating the level (had half a year there already) then?

And you are the one that used the term challenged. There's really no interpretation needed there. When Crowe is CHALLENGED he fails, period. When he's allowed REPEAT levels (was at AA for parts of FOUR season) that's when he does well.

I just don't see Phillips and Crowe as similar prospects. Phillips had maturity issues and always thought he was God's gift to the world. Crowe just doesn't strike me as that type of player.....suppose I could be wrong.

First, I don't know why you are twisting my words and making this an argument when, essentially, we agree about his progress.

He almost always struggles when promoted and then does well the next year at that level and then, after being promoted, does poorly, only to do well the next year at that level. Except for the one year at AA where he and his manager both agreed was due to him wanting to get out of AA and on towards the majors and then he pressed.

As I said, you misinterpreted what I meant by challenged and seem to be upset that all the evidence from my past posts and my alluding to Phillips means something different than what YOU thought I meant. I am sorry you misinterpreted it.

Actually, as it turns out, Phillips is closer to his own impression of himself than the impression that 90+% of fans on these boards had of him at the time of his trade. And that 10% of fans is being generous.

Just saying that guys who think they belong in the majors often, though not always struggle in the minors when they don't get the shot they deserve. While some people think 'well, who needs the guy if he can't suck it up', the Phillips case is a prime example of where, given the opportunity, a guy with talent sometimes DOES have the stones to take it and run with it.

Just pointing out if Crowe struggles people will say he sucks and be OK with giving him away for nothing. Happened before. Will happen again...and didn't have to happen given Kearns is on the roster.
dnosco
Triple-A Stud

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:42 pm

dnosco wrote:First, I don't know why you are twisting my words and making this an argument when, essentially, we agree about his progress.

He almost always struggles when promoted and then does well the next year at that level and then, after being promoted, does poorly, only to do well the next year at that level. Except for the one year at AA where he and his manager both agreed was due to him wanting to get out of AA and on towards the majors and then he pressed.

As I said, you misinterpreted what I meant by challenged and seem to be upset that all the evidence from my past posts and my alluding to Phillips means something different than what YOU thought I meant. I am sorry you misinterpreted it.

Actually, as it turns out, Phillips is closer to his own impression of himself than the impression that 90+% of fans on these boards had of him at the time of his trade. And that 10% of fans is being generous.

Just saying that guys who think they belong in the majors often, though not always struggle in the minors when they don't get the shot they deserve. While some people think 'well, who needs the guy if he can't suck it up', the Phillips case is a prime example of where, given the opportunity, a guy with talent sometimes DOES have the stones to take it and run with it.

Just pointing out if Crowe struggles people will say he sucks and be OK with giving him away for nothing. Happened before. Will happen again...and didn't have to happen given Kearns is on the roster.

100% false....as usual. Again, Crowe would be sitting on the bench collecting dust if on the team over Kearns. Not sure how you seem to miss this with EVERY SINGLE prospect you want to put on the team, but you do.

Most prospects lose value and developmental time by sitting on the bench......suppose Crowe could be different, but odds are he'll struggle without proper at-bats.

And again, there is no twisting of words here or misinterpreting. What you stated was wrong, period. You used the wrong word possibly, as Crowe has only once been promoted to a level that he had never played at (aka, never challenged but once). He has simply moved up when he's shown he's ready. Again, there was no twisting of words here.....I'm simply replying to the words YOU used. You're apparently using a very odd definitition of the word "challenged"......do get what you were "trying" to say, but you did no in fact say it.

So for future reference....dont' say a guy does well when "challenged"....when in fact, he's really never been challenged ever (other than the 2 times when he failed).

And actually, Phillips has proved many fans right. Since most fans were upset with the return we got, coupled with the fact that Phillips has only put up an OPS over .780 ONCE in his ML career......

Phillips thought he was a superstar.....he's barely an above average hitting 2B on a good day.

And before you start whining that I'm endorsing the trade, I'm definitely not. It was a horrible trade. But Phillips has not come close to reaching the leves scouts and fans thought he would (or even those that Philips thought he would). I'd obviously take him over Valbuena right now at 2B, but saying he's closer to being the player he thought he'd become than what fans though is 100% false.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:03 pm

Alright, enough....this can go on forever. I've received enough complaints about the dead horse beating. Let's just call it a day please.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:19 pm

1B Russell Branyan gets night off tonight for Clippers. Will play 5 innings at 1B on Sat and be taken out, and then not play Sunday.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby InsaneJedi » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:22 pm

Not a bad start. A single for Donald, a double for Santana (5 hits in 6 AB), and a homer by Duncan all in a row. Columbus looks to have the makings of a GREAT lineup this year.
InsaneJedi
Draft Prospect

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:33 pm

Duncan sitting in the middle of the lineup likely all year is gonna be great for the rest of the guys. When Brown comes back in probably 2-3 weeks, it's gonna be even better.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby GradyLady279 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:53 pm

Santana just hit #3, 8-7 Clippers. Opposite field again.
GradyLady279
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby A.Zajac » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:06 pm

We have a very bright future.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:21 pm

It's batting practice for both teams tonight. Rondon shelled for 10 hits and 7 runs in 3 innings. Ouch!
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby JP_Frost » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:47 pm

I thought wrist injuries were supposed to take away some power -- clearly not for Santana. What a beast!
JP_Frost
Triple-A Stud

Next

Return to Indians Prospect Talk