RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Official 2010 Akron Aeros Thread

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Re: Official 2010 Akron Aeros Thread

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:25 pm

indianinkslinger wrote:
dnosco wrote:
indianinkslinger wrote:
tribefan611 wrote:
theshow wrote:
dnosco wrote:I had to smile when I saw the box score. Wouldn't it be nice at the end of next year or the beginning of 2012 to see a pitching box score like this in Cleveland? That is the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the AKron box score last night. Add in a Chisenhall HR and the final score and it would be just about perfect...especailly if we were playing the Yankees that night.

Go to sleep D-man.... I can only imagine how a cranky sleep deprived Dennis may terrorize the message board.

I can't believe you would ruin one of his better posts.

Amen to that! Dennis being civil and sharing! There always has to be an asshole and I am ours.

Just thought I would amend that quote to make it more believable.

You are always rewriting history, why should this be any different? :lol:

Ouch....gotta say that was a good one. :pleasantry:
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby indianinkslinger » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:58 pm

On an entirely different subject, the DLC move is warranted for whatever reason but it looks to me like the purpose is to accomdate Reyes return from rehab and a desire to keep Packer as the other half of a two man slot instead of DLC. I still think DLC has had a real good year.
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:01 pm

indianinkslinger wrote:On an entirely different subject, the DLC move is warranted for whatever reason but it looks to me like the purpose is to accomdate Reyes return from rehab and a desire to keep Packer as the other half of a two man slot instead of DLC. I still think DLC has had a real good year.

Reyes is done for the year. Won't pitch again and instead is doing sidework with Hibbard in Akron on mechanics.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby indianinkslinger » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:30 pm

Consigliere wrote:
indianinkslinger wrote:On an entirely different subject, the DLC move is warranted for whatever reason but it looks to me like the purpose is to accomdate Reyes return from rehab and a desire to keep Packer as the other half of a two man slot instead of DLC. I still think DLC has had a real good year.

Reyes is done for the year. Won't pitch again and instead is doing sidework with Hibbard in Akron on mechanics.

I think it is safe to admit that I am wrong! :s_sorry
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby MadThinker88 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:55 pm

any idea who is starting on Sunday??
I'm thinking of a road trip to catch a game at Canal Park before the season ends. Last time I went to Canal Park was the opener of 2009.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby dnosco » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:17 pm

Consigliere wrote:
indianinkslinger wrote:
dnosco wrote:
indianinkslinger wrote:
tribefan611 wrote:
theshow wrote:
dnosco wrote:I had to smile when I saw the box score. Wouldn't it be nice at the end of next year or the beginning of 2012 to see a pitching box score like this in Cleveland? That is the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the AKron box score last night. Add in a Chisenhall HR and the final score and it would be just about perfect...especailly if we were playing the Yankees that night.

Go to sleep D-man.... I can only imagine how a cranky sleep deprived Dennis may terrorize the message board.

I can't believe you would ruin one of his better posts.

Amen to that! Dennis being civil and sharing! There always has to be an asshole and I am ours.

Just thought I would amend that quote to make it more believable.

You are always rewriting history, why should this be any different? :lol:

Ouch....gotta say that was a good one. :pleasantry:

It reminded of when certain people were saying that BA never attends games. Sort of like writing history that never happened and calling it fact. :s_thumbsup
dnosco
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:47 pm

dnosco wrote:It reminded of when certain people were saying that BA never attends games. Sort of like writing history that never happened and calling it fact. :s_thumbsup

You STILL on that? Good Lord.

Again, BA goes to minor league games. No one has ever contested that. What has been contested is the college/high school games, especially the high school games that they have little presence. Jim Callis saying they go to these games is something I take with a huge grain of salt (I mean, what else would we expect them to say?). I will trust what the people who actually attend these games say, and that is their presense is often non-existent.

My last comment on this ridiculous thread.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby dnosco » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:22 am

Consigliere wrote:
dnosco wrote:It reminded of when certain people were saying that BA never attends games. Sort of like writing history that never happened and calling it fact. :s_thumbsup

You STILL on that? Good Lord.

Again, BA goes to minor league games. No one has ever contested that. What has been contested is the college/high school games, especially the high school games that they have little presence. Jim Callis saying they go to these games is something I take with a huge grain of salt (I mean, what else would we expect them to say?). I will trust what the people who actually attend these games say, and that is their presense is often non-existent.

My last comment on this ridiculous thread.

Actually, only my second comment since I e-mailed Callis. You closed the other thread immediately after that comment because, frankly, you had nothing you could say nor did other people who said BA didn't go to games. Call Callis a liar if you will, but you should probably do it to his face. Plus going to games they talk to scouts which you use all the time as prime evidence when you are trying to make a point that has no other substantial foundation.

The point I was making here is when you live in a glass house you shouldn't be throwing stones. And continue to support PG which is a blood sucking organization (I have seen many of these in my years of amateur coaching) who prey on kids and their families trying to cash in on a kid's baseball ability if you want and diss BA. I don't give a crap. But I will continue to point out when these freaking sweeping generalizations are wrong. And people talk about ME not owning up to my mistakes.

I make a positive comment on Akron and you people turn it into crap. Pathetic. And you egg it on in your previous ridiculous comment to this thread...instead of just stopping it. Great moderating and great pandering to the masses. Geez.

I am done here. You people are pathetic. You allow IIS to make continuous vulgar, personal comments about me and don't call him out for it. Ditto other people. I make a nice positive comment and you allow people to rip on me. This board is just like all the other boards except it's now become your personal power trip and backslapping old boy's network.

Yeah, you do a lot for the Indians' minor league reporting and everyone appreciates that. But don't think you know all the answers or that you are much more tapped in to what is going on than people who are pros at this and have been for years.

See ya!
dnosco
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:58 am

dnosco wrote:This board is just like all the other boards except it's now become your personal power trip and backslapping old boy's network.

Believe what you will, but history says otherwise. There is a reason you have been banned and not welcomed in just about every other Indians' forum out there. The proof is in the pudding (posts). Look in the mirror.

dnosco wrote:See ya!

Adios!

THANK GOD!
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:20 am

Also, in order to avoid a public meltdown (again) by Dennis, I have invoked a ban on his account. He will not be back.

It's not a personal power trip either. Who else has been banned or called out ever here except for that GhostBuck guy who was an obvious spammer.

When you constantly go against the grain on almost everything, you are gonna get a lot of flack and called out for your inconsisency or intellectual dishonesty. While it may appear that people ganged up on Dennis at times, a lot of that is because of his own doing. And the nasty exchanges have been just as unpleasant from him. I don't moderate here except for an occassional "let's get back on topic guys" as I let you guys work things out, which often works! :drinks: The fact I have yet to have to add any mods to help is a tribute to the posters and civility on this board, and how you guys police yourselves.

Cripes, if supposedly calling Jim Callis a liar (which I did not) was all it took to have Dennis leave on his own accord, I shoulda done it years ago. :diablo:
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby tribefan611 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:27 am

Consigliere wrote:Also, in order to avoid a public meltdown (again) by Dennis, I have invoked a ban on his account. He will not be back.

It's not a personal power trip either. Who else has been banned or called out ever here except for that GhostBuck guy who was an obvious spammer.

When you constantly go against the grain on almost everything, you are gonna get a lot of flack and called out for your inconsisency or intellectual dishonesty. While it may appear that people ganged up on Dennis at times, a lot of that is because of his own doing. And the nasty exchanges have been just as unpleasant from him. I don't moderate here except for an occassional "let's get back on topic guys" as I let you guys work things out, which often works! :drinks: The fact I have yet to have to add any mods to help is a tribute to the posters and civility on this board, and how you guys police yourselves.

Cripes, if supposedly calling Jim Callis a liar (which I did not) was all it took to have Dennis leave on his own accord, I shoulda done it years ago. :diablo:

Thank You, Tony.
tribefan611
Single-A Phenom

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:37 am

What other Indians prospect sites/forums are out there?
Lloyd Christmas
Draft Prospect

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:40 am

And just to be clear, in no way whatsoever did I call Callis a liar. I have actually been one of the few to defend BA in this debate. I could be wrong as I have never learned this from BA themselves, but I've often asked about other sites/mags to the scouts and front office people I run into or converse with often, and they often share their opinions freely. Take from that what you will.

In the end, I still think BA and PG have value in their own right. PG with the firsthand scouting reports they put together....BA with the reports they put together in talking to scouts from all over.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby MadThinker88 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:41 am

Lloyd Christmas wrote:What other Indians prospect sites/forums are out there?

While this place is specific to Tribe prospects, other Tribe sites include theclevelandfan, cleveland.com, and the message board for Cleveland at mlb.com.

I've seen many discussions on the prospects at those places.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:41 am

No specific minor league ones....but lots of Indians ones. Lets Go Tribe, TCF, Indians Ink, etc....all of which Dennis has been banned. :rose:
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby JP_Frost » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:27 am

MadThinker88 wrote:

While this place is specific to Tribe prospects, other Tribe sites include theclevelandfan, cleveland.com, and the message board for Cleveland at mlb.com.

I wouldn't go anywhere near cleveland.com, indians.com or the espn forums. It makes your brain melt and eyes bleed due to stupidity.

Just stay here or Lets Go Tribe (or DiaTribe, but I'm not sure they really have a forum).
JP_Frost
Triple-A Stud

Postby A.Zajac » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:35 am

JP_Frost wrote:
MadThinker88 wrote:

I wouldn't go anywhere near cleveland.com, indians.com or the espn forums. It makes your brain melt and eyes bleed due to stupidity.

Just stay here or Lets Go Tribe (or DiaTribe, but I'm not sure they really have a forum).

ESPN forums makes your IQ drop. Some of the posters there are just plain uninformed, stupid, and ridiculous. Indians.com posters, there are a few good ones, but the vast majority, complain just to complain and are fair weather fans. And I wouldn't go anywhere near the cleveland.com forum.

We do have one of the best forums around for the Indians/Minor League Baseball. Close knit community, who 9 times out of 10, can agree to disagree on issues.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby JP_Frost » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:47 am

Exactly. I also really like Let's Go Tribe. Great mix of humor and intelligence and the gamethreads are tons of fun.
JP_Frost
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:22 am

JP_Frost wrote:I wouldn't go anywhere near cleveland.com, indians.com or the espn forums. It makes your brain melt and eyes bleed due to stupidity.

Agreed.

I find it nearly impossible to follow a thread on Cleveland Live, so have never really bothered with it except maybe go there once in a blue moon to see what they are talking about. The official site's boards are hard to navigate to me as well, so I don't bother there as well except for brief, occassional visits.

It really comes down to personal tastes as every forum is not for everyone.

I of course go to DiaTribe since Paul is a good friend and co-hosts Smoke Signals with me. And LGT is a place I very often visit, though do not frequent the forums there.

I used to get around to a lot of other places, but in the last year due to time constraints with the site have almost entirely been limited to posting here. Which is no problem for me, because it's really a great group of people here.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby MadThinker88 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:32 am

There is a huge difference between stating/ noting what else is out there and endorsing those places. What I posted falls in the first category (stating/ noting).
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby tribefan611 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:04 pm

And I get in trouble for going off topic. :wacko: It's amazing how the Aeros thread turns into fighting with Dennis/banning Dennis/how great this site is/etc. But, also, I have to say this is the best forum I've been to. Those people at the official site have no clue what they are talking about. Thanks Tony and everyone else.
tribefan611
Single-A Phenom

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:53 am

How about Matt Packer..... got bombed in his 3rd start, but since then has been great.

This guy truly has come out of nowhere.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:17 am

dazindiansfanuk wrote:How about Matt Packer..... got bombed in his 3rd start, but since then has been great.

This guy truly has come out of nowhere.

Hey, Mr. Opportunity....meet Mr. Knocks.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby MadThinker88 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:01 am

It's going to be interesting to see who is the biggest prospect riser on the rankings for next season: Chun Chen (94 to ?) or Matt Packer (unlisted to ?).
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:17 am

MadThinker88 wrote:It's going to be interesting to see who is the biggest prospect riser on the rankings for next season: Chun Chen (94 to ?) or Matt Packer (unlisted to ?).

Definitely Chen. He's legit. Still unsure about Packer, but he'll be up there too.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby A.Zajac » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:05 pm

The funny thing about Chen, when I saw him last season at MV, he didn't look quite as polished at the plate like he has this season. It's great to see he's made the necessary adjustments to be successful.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby MadThinker88 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:37 pm

I went to the Aeros game this afternoon. Aeros lost 7-4 although Kipnis (representing the tying run) launched the final out to the CF warning track.

Scott Barnes was ok in the 1st but completely lost in the 2nd - allowed 6 runs and fired a bunt attempt down the RF line. In the end he allowed all 7 runs to Erie.

Bullpen of CC Lee, Steven Wright and Connor Graham went 5 IP & 3 of the IP were 3 up, 3 down.

Aeros offense was lost early. Against a LHP starter (& 1st reliever from the pen) they had 7 lefties hitting in the lineup - don't think it was design but it was desturbing early on. 1 walk and 1 runner on base via error until Beau Mills and Miguel Perez got back to back basehits to open the 5th.

Aeros batted around in the 6th to score all 4 of its runs.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Pork Chop Pough » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:25 pm

Scott Barnes has really been Jekyll & Hyde this year, and unfortunately we saw the latter this afternoon. I always take two of my nephews to a game or two, but hadn't yet, so we grabbed the last opportunity of the year, and I treated them to the Aeros Club Suite today... glad I did, as it was nice to watch at least a couple innings sitting inside with the a/c. Unfortunately, I've probably spoiled them now, and they'll expect this at all future games. Anyway, even though I suspect the Aeros just blew any chance of making the playoffs, we still had a good afternoon at the ballpark... and at least the Aeros made for a little bit of drama in the bottom of the 9th.

It was funny reminiscing with my one nephew about when we were visiting family in Hagerstown, MD a few years ago and saw Beau Mills play there with the Captains, back when he was a "real prospect".
Pork Chop Pough
Single-A Phenom

Postby MadThinker88 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:23 pm

Forgot to mention this in the earlier post, took some time walking around the park and stopped in the team shop. Very few items still in stock but 1 item they still had was Tony's book - 15 copies worth.

Tried to pedal the book to a few people around me (as I had brought one of my own copies). One guy that had driven up from Cbus seemed to have a little interest. He normally only buys the BA book but if he grabs a copy of T's book for this year, I have a feeling that he will continue to pick up copies moving forward.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby indianinkslinger » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:03 am

I don't like to be pessimistic about Akron's playoff chances but it looks like an uphill run from here. I would not be surprised to see a couple of names pop onto the Columbus roster if Columbus holds onto its playoff spot. Chisenhall seems like a natural move while White is a possibility even though the Indians said they have no intention of moving him up. Drennen might move just for his corner OF defense. Kipnis seems unlikely even if Phelps injury is more serious than it looks but you never know for sure.
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby tribefan611 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:56 am

indianinkslinger wrote:I don't like to be pessimistic about Akron's playoff chances but it looks like an uphill run from here. I would not be surprised to see a couple of names pop onto the Columbus roster if Columbus holds onto its playoff spot. Chisenhall seems like a natural move while White is a possibility even though the Indians said they have no intention of moving him up. Drennen might move just for his corner OF defense. Kipnis seems unlikely even if Phelps injury is more serious than it looks but you never know for sure.

At the moment, I don't feel good about Columbus' chances, so they will need all the help they can get from Akron IMO.
tribefan611
Single-A Phenom

Postby TonyIBI » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:44 am

MadThinker88 wrote:Forgot to mention this in the earlier post, took some time walking around the park and stopped in the team shop. Very few items still in stock but 1 item they still had was Tony's book - 15 copies worth.

Tried to pedal the book to a few people around me (as I had brought one of my own copies). One guy that had driven up from Cbus seemed to have a little interest. He normally only buys the BA book but if he grabs a copy of T's book for this year, I have a feeling that he will continue to pick up copies moving forward.

You are a good man.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby jellis » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:38 am

been away, but I must say the BA fight amazes me, Callis is still very good but I stand the problem was BA was too good for too long and then they got raided and the new people their have failed to impress me over the years. I could be wrong, but that's been my view. Anyone who has read their tribe coverage over the last 3-4 years now they are just not doing good deep coverage anymore they dont have the people for it.
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby indianinkslinger » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:42 am

jellis wrote:been away, but I must say the BA fight amazes me, Callis is still very good but I stand the problem was BA was too good for too long and then they got raided and the new people their have failed to impress me over the years. I could be wrong, but that's been my view. Anyone who has read their tribe coverage over the last 3-4 years now they are just not doing good deep coverage anymore they dont have the people for it.

The BA fight is over jellis. Dennis is gone.
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby npc29 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:18 am

indianinkslinger wrote:I don't like to be pessimistic about Akron's playoff chances but it looks like an uphill run from here. I would not be surprised to see a couple of names pop onto the Columbus roster if Columbus holds onto its playoff spot. Chisenhall seems like a natural move while White is a possibility even though the Indians said they have no intention of moving him up. Drennen might move just for his corner OF defense. Kipnis seems unlikely even if Phelps injury is more serious than it looks but you never know for sure.

It is uphill. They have seven games to make up a 3.5 game deficit with Bowie also in front of them.

Where they really stumbled was last week when they got swept by Harrisburg.
npc29
Single-A Phenom

Postby TonyIBI » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:40 pm

npc29 wrote:Where they really stumbled was last week when they got swept by Harrisburg.

Yep.

I am not sure even if they win all their remaining 8 games they get in.

Very unlikely.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:44 pm

Jordan Henry a HR away from the cycle tonight....... I'm betting he's not going to hit it!
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:39 am

No official move....but Alex White was scheduled to start today for Akron but now Shane Lindsay is. Looks like White may be going to Columbus and will start for Carrasco tomorrow (with Carrasco going to Cleveland).
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby TonyIBI » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:10 pm

Correction, Kluber to Columbus.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:52 pm

So, if White is not going to Columbus, do we know why he's not starting tonight?
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Jake Taylor » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:27 pm

dazindiansfanuk wrote:So, if White is not going to Columbus, do we know why he's not starting tonight?
Tony said he thought he's probably shutdown due to hitting his innings threshold.
Jake Taylor
Rookie Baller

Postby TonyIBI » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:00 pm

Jake Taylor wrote:
dazindiansfanuk wrote:So, if White is not going to Columbus, do we know why he's not starting tonight?
Tony said he thought he's probably shutdown due to hitting his innings threshold.

Yeah, you gotta follow my tweets Daz. :angel:

Actually, as an FYI, I post all breaking news and info on my Twitter/Facebook page first...don't always post everything here on the boards.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/TonyIPI
My new site Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Indians-P ... 4928348977
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby A.Zajac » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:26 pm

I'm a little disappointed if it turns out to be true that White is being shut down. While I can understand to some point the reasoning behind it, I still think they should have sent him back out for another start or two.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:20 am

A.Zajac wrote:I'm a little disappointed if it turns out to be true that White is being shut down. While I can understand to some point the reasoning behind it, I still think they should have sent him back out for another start or two.

Not saying I agree or disagree, but why?
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby A.Zajac » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:52 am

TonyIPI wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:I'm a little disappointed if it turns out to be true that White is being shut down. While I can understand to some point the reasoning behind it, I still think they should have sent him back out for another start or two.

He had a great outing on the 26th. From what I'm aware of, he looked solid. I'm not advocating pitching him until he has a bad outing or his arm falls off, but throw him for another five innings. Gives him more confidence heading into next season.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby MadThinker88 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:29 am

A.Zajac wrote:
TonyIPI wrote:

He had a great outing on the 26th. From what I'm aware of, he looked solid. I'm not advocating pitching him until he has a bad outing or his arm falls off, but throw him for another five innings. Gives him more confidence heading into next season.

What about ending on a high note? Since White had a great outing on the 26th, perhaps the Tribe figured it was a good place to end it.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby JP_Frost » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:48 am

Come on guys, White has thrown 150 innings this year. It's his first pro season. No need to treat him like a 27-year old AAA vet.
JP_Frost
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:59 am

JP_Frost wrote:Come on guys, White has thrown 150 innings this year. It's his first pro season. No need to treat him like a 27-year old AAA vet.

:drinks:
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby indianinkslinger » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:43 pm

TonyIPI wrote:
JP_Frost wrote:Come on guys, White has thrown 150 innings this year. It's his first pro season. No need to treat him like a 27-year old AAA vet.

:drinks:

:drinks: :drinks:
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby Rocky55 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:59 pm

Agree with this. What does this set him up for, something like 170IP with the big club next year? That should qualify as enough in the ROY balloting, right?
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

PreviousNext

Return to Indians Prospect Talk