RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Official 2010 Akron Aeros Thread

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Re: Official 2010 Akron Aeros Thread

Postby cardiackidz » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:52 am

this also was from a baseball america Matthew Eddy chat today: PD (Miss.): Rank these 3B please. M. Davidson, B. Borchering, M. Moustakas, L. Chisenhall...

Matthew Eddy: Crediting the players who've gotten it done in the high minors: Chisenhall, Moustakas, Davidson, then Borchering. This is partly because Chisenhall seems like the safest bet to stick at third base and have positive defensive value there. His offensive profile is as good or better than the others, too.
cardiackidz
Rookie Baller

Postby tpaquette78 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:04 am

cardiackidz wrote:this also was from a baseball america Matthew Eddy chat today: PD (Miss.): Rank these 3B please. M. Davidson, B. Borchering, M. Moustakas, L. Chisenhall...

Matthew Eddy: Crediting the players who've gotten it done in the high minors: Chisenhall, Moustakas, Davidson, then Borchering. This is partly because Chisenhall seems like the safest bet to stick at third base and have positive defensive value there. His offensive profile is as good or better than the others, too.

Already posted. :drinks:
tpaquette78
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:33 pm

Whelp, so much for Head going to Columbus. He just came right back to Akron. Sounds like it was a domino move as they had brought up Carrera from Columbus to be ready to replace brantley and then Head from Akron to replace Carrera in Columbus, but now with Brantley for the time being not going to the DL, both Carrera and Head return to their teams.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:51 pm

Whilst no official move has been made.... Jim Massie (Clippers beat writer) has noted that Eric Berger's locker in the Clippers clubhouse is empty, so it looks likely that he's headed back to AA to make room for McAllister in the AAA rotation.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Jake Taylor » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:20 pm

Lonnie with two 2B in the game, including one to tie the game up 1-1.

Kluber with a nice start today, going 5.1 IP with 1 ER and 3 K.

Hagadone trying to keep the game tied for a chance to win it in the 7th (double-header today).
Jake Taylor
Rookie Baller

Postby petes999 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:46 pm

Jake Taylor wrote:Lonnie with two 2B in the game, including one to tie the game up 1-1.

Hagadone trying to keep the game tied for a chance to win it in the 7th (double-header today).
Jake Taylor wrote:Lonnie with two 2B in the game, including one to tie the game up 1-1.

I went to the game ...didn't have time to stay for the 2nd game (as my son got antsy). Kluber got hit hard the first two-three innings and then settled down. Luckily, the hits were right at our outfielders. Then he got more grounders in the later innings.

I was kind of surprised with Hagadone as he seemed hittable (2 Inn, 2 H, 2BB, 2Ks and 2ERs). Just would have thought he would settle in on the reliever role and get people with his heater. Don't know what he is doing now but wasn't he up to 98 or so as a starter?

And Chis had solid line drives today even on one of his out, he hit it good. Too bad there is nothing at Akron after the first three hitters (henry, kipnis and Chis). But, Chis stands out even from these other two.
petes999
Single-A Phenom

Postby indianinkslinger » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:06 pm

petes999 wrote:

I went to the game ...didn't have time to stay for the 2nd game (as my son got antsy). Kluber got hit hard the first two-three innings and then settled down. Luckily, the hits were right at our outfielders. Then he got more grounders in the later innings.

I was kind of surprised with Hagadone as he seemed hittable (2 Inn, 2 H, 2BB, 2Ks and 2ERs). Just would have thought he would settle in on the reliever role and get people with his heater. Don't know what he is doing now but wasn't he up to 98 or so as a starter?

And Chis had solid line drives today even on one of his out, he hit it good. Too bad there is nothing at Akron after the first three hitters (henry, kipnis and Chis). But, Chis stands out even from these other two.

Hi petes, while the hitting in Akron has gone south, I am not sure I would include Drennen and Fedroff along with the assorted organizational players. Maybe not sood enough to make it to the majors in this organization but decent 4th OF prospects in some organizations.

What I really want to know is if the Indians sent someone to your seats to fill you in on Reyes status? :pleasantry:
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:56 pm

Tough time for Chis and Kipnis in game 2.

Aeros lose 2-1.... 0-for-4 with 4K for Chis, 0-for-4 with 3K for Kipnis.

Packer the tough luck loser, but a good bounce back start (5IP, 2R)
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby tribefan611 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:25 pm

dazindiansfanuk wrote:Tough time for Chis and Kipnis in game 2.

Is this the first time Kipnis has ever had a slump?
tribefan611
Single-A Phenom

Postby indianinkslinger » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:45 pm

I would like all opinions but would like to know if Tony has heard anything. Packer seems ensconced in the Akron rotation which is rather amazing for a 2009 #32 draft pick. That puts him in company with White and Kipnis at AA and ahead of Gardner and the others. I see an effective MOR/BOR LH starter but it looks to me like they are advancing him this quickly as an early LH relief option. But there is every indication from the way they are using him that he is a projected starter even with three LH starters in Akron with greater upside IMO. So i am confused about Packer. Enlighten me!
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby gotribe31 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:03 pm

tribefan611 wrote:
dazindiansfanuk wrote:Tough time for Chis and Kipnis in game 2.

Is this the first time Kipnis has ever had a slump?

Wouldn't call it a slump yet...he's 0-18 in his past 5, but was 9-18 in the 5 before that. His OPS for the month is still over .900. If this persists through Thursday/Friday, then it's a slump.
gotribe31
Draft Prospect

Postby criznit2009 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:47 pm

indianinkslinger wrote:I would like all opinions but would like to know if Tony has heard anything. Packer seems ensconced in the Akron rotation which is rather amazing for a 2009 #32 draft pick. That puts him in company with White and Kipnis at AA and ahead of Gardner and the others. I see an effective MOR/BOR LH starter but it looks to me like they are advancing him this quickly as an early LH relief option. But there is every indication from the way they are using him that he is a projected starter even with three LH starters in Akron with greater upside IMO. So i am confused about Packer. Enlighten me!

I don't know anything about Packer really, other he went from starting in the bullpen at Low A to starting games at AA in less than a season, and that is pretty damn impressive. Can't speak for the FO, but my feeling is they must believe he is closing in on his ceiling (the skys the limit???) and they are trying to figure out exactly how high this guy can go by throwing him in there and letting him figure out where he belongs. A bonus (32nd rounder!) that they are trying figure out basically.
I am pretty sure he went to Akron for a spot start and has been good enough to stay despite the number of arms drafted ahead of him still at Kinston and even with all the LHP at Akron. Once again, impressive. When it comes to his future that is where it gets pretty murky, more so than your typical prospect IMO. Though more than likely (60%+) he will head "back" to then pen, I think they will give him every chance to continue his career as a starter. LHP closing in on ML playing time might be the tribes biggest hole at the moment and a guy like Packer seems poised to make the most of this opportunity and climb in to the mix of sooner than later LH options for the team in Cleveland as either a starter or reliever. At this point I truly believe as long as he continues to be successful as a starter he will not go back to the pen...Wonder where he starts next year, I assume in Akron but who knows.
Arguably this years biggest "happy" surprise.
criznit2009
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:06 pm

indianinkslinger wrote:I would like all opinions but would like to know if Tony has heard anything. Packer seems ensconced in the Akron rotation which is rather amazing for a 2009 #32 draft pick. That puts him in company with White and Kipnis at AA and ahead of Gardner and the others. I see an effective MOR/BOR LH starter but it looks to me like they are advancing him this quickly as an early LH relief option. But there is every indication from the way they are using him that he is a projected starter even with three LH starters in Akron with greater upside IMO. So i am confused about Packer. Enlighten me!

From what I understand Packer was pushed up to Akron as a short term option, but because he has pitched so well he has stuck there. Org is intrigued with him. First by his stuff as they liked his 4-pitch mix enough to move him from the bullpen to starter (now a more priority prospect as a result), and now with moving him up to Akron. One caveat though with going right to Akron is it actually shows he is valued less than the likes of Gardner, McFarland, House, etc in Kinston as the org did not want to promote any of those guys for short/long term and "filled in" at Akron with Packer. Not a knock on Packer, just the reality of a 32nd round pick making his way and proving his value. Opportunity has knocked, and he has most definitely answered and may be another Laffey-like prospect coming.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby tribefan611 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:12 pm

Bryson starting today?!?! By the way, Kipnis now 1 for 27.
tribefan611
Single-A Phenom

Postby TonyIBI » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:19 pm

tribefan611 wrote:Bryson starting today?!?! By the way, Kipnis now 1 for 27.

Bullpen by committee because of doubleheader.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby tribefan611 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:20 pm

Consigliere wrote:
tribefan611 wrote:Bryson starting today?!?! By the way, Kipnis now 1 for 27.

Bullpen by committee because of doubleheader.

Figured. I was confused about this last week, too. Did Barnes pitch today?
tribefan611
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:53 pm

Talk about strange! The full game of a doubleheader that started with the completion of a suspended game ends up suspended. It wouldn't be as weird if the suspended game was from the day before (continuous weather pattern), but the suspended game started 26 days ago and 336 miles away.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:34 pm

CC Lee pitching in relief in the suspended game from yesterday - 1.1 scoreless so far with 4Ks

This guy is really on fire lately..... he hasn't allowed an earned run since June!!!

Including tonight, his numbers since the beginning of July are 22.1IP, 7H, 2R, 0ER, 4BB, 28K

Crazy good
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:00 pm

Lee gives up a run (solo HR) in his 4th inning of work..... I jinxed him!

Still 3.1IP, 3H, 1R, 1BB, 5K is a pretty strong showing for the guy who's name has to have him destined to pitch in Cleveland....... CC Lee - brilliant!
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby JP_Frost » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:08 pm

That's basically like Manny Thome or Sandy Vizquel or Jhonny Blake (maybe not).
JP_Frost
Triple-A Stud

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:31 pm

A solid bounce back outing for DLC tonight - 5IP, 4H, 1R/ER, 2BB, 6K

Chisenhall with his 16th HR - a 3 run shot.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:51 pm

The control falls apart for Graham in the 6th..... walks 5 and Ks 2 to score two runs and leave with the bases loaded and two down.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:55 pm

Aguilar leaves them loaded and the Aeros hang onto a 6-3 lead heading into the 7th (final) inning of the DH.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby tribefan611 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:26 pm

dazindiansfanuk wrote:The control falls apart for Graham in the 6th..... walks 5 and Ks 2 to score two runs and leave with the bases loaded and two down.

Well, there goes any hope of adding him to the 40-man. :wacko:
tribefan611
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:51 pm

A quick note. Thursay and Friday's games will be pre-empted on radio by high school football. The games will still be webcast, but you have to click a link on the Aeros' homepage as they won't be on 1350 (I wonder what's so pressing on 640 that they can't air Thursday's game - they're also airing HS football on Friday).

http://akronaeros.com/index.php (check the banner above the prior/current game linescore)

Judging by this schedule, next Friday as well as (if they make the playoffs) Game 3 of the Division Series and Game 3 or 4 (depending on if there's a travel day or not, respectively) of the ELCS will be in the same boat.

http://www.640whlo.com/pages/hsfootball2010.html
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:42 pm

Mini slump officially over for Kipnis.

3-for-7 in the DH yesterday and 3-for-3 with a 2B so far tonight.

Chis 2-for-3 with his 21st 2B.

Aeros lead 6-0 mid 5th with Berger making his first start back at AA.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:08 pm

Steven Wright with the save.

Anyone see my tweet on Sunday where I mentioned he is throwing a knuckleball now? I shit you not. He's seriously added it to his arsenal now.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Pork Chop Pough » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:41 pm

Funny, because I've been thinking this year that Wright has basically become the AA version of Eddie Harris ("Major League"). He's less than a week away from turning 26 and isn't exactly a physical stud, meanwhile he's slipped from his career year of last season to mop up duty this year, so he might as well throw everything including the kitchen sink and see if anything suddenly starts working.
Pork Chop Pough
Single-A Phenom

Postby TitoFrancona » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:04 am

Consigliere wrote:Steven Wright with the save.

Anyone see my tweet on Sunday where I mentioned he is throwing a knuckleball now? I shit you not. He's seriously added it to his arsenal now.

A lot of players in the past tried to master the knuckleball. Only a few ever have. The rest generally ditched it. Certainly, if Wright can add one that's even only so-so, it will enhance his chances of being an effective ML pitcher.
TitoFrancona
Draft Prospect

Postby entertheshoe » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:51 pm

Wow, Steven Wright now has the best knuckleball in the system eh? You learn something new every day.
entertheshoe
Rookie Baller

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:38 pm

The Chis with his 17th HR in the first inning tonight.

For a guy who had 1 HR in the first two months, he may end up hitting 20 on the season.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby indianinkslinger » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:30 pm

dazindiansfanuk wrote:The Chis with his 17th HR in the first inning tonight.

For a guy who had 1 HR in the first two months, he may end up hitting 20 on the season.

I might suggest that your game commentary is lacking a laudatory epistle on White and keen insight on the performance of Fedroff who is having a great July/ August. But that's just me being picky. :friends:
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:49 pm

Alex White (7IP, 3H, 1BB, 5K), Nick Hagadone (1IP, 1K) and Rob Bryson (1IP, 1H, 1K) combine on a 4-hit shutout as the Aeros roll 12-0.

Drennen drives in 4 with a 2-run HR and a 2-run 2B. Multi-hit nights for Kipnis, Chisenhall, Head and Perez too.

Oh, and Fedroff hit a 2-run HR (just for you, Ink! :good: )
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Rocky55 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:58 pm

indianinkslinger wrote:

I might suggest that your game commentary is lacking a laudatory epistle on White and keen insight on the performance of Fedroff who is having a great July/ August. But that's just me being picky. :friends:

Yeah Slinger, I guess it's too soon to dismiss Fedroff as a prospect. Be nice to see him carry this hot streak through the end of the season.

Alex White shutting down the future tigers really made me smile :biggrin:
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby indianinkslinger » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:09 am

Rocky55 wrote:
indianinkslinger wrote:

Yeah Slinger, I guess it's too soon to dismiss Fedroff as a prospect. Be nice to see him carry this hot streak through the end of the season.

Alex White shutting down the future tigers really made me smile :biggrin:

This probably belongs in another section but I would like to find out if Fedroff is real or just a hot streak that occurred when he was getting his act together. I think the best way to tell is the AFL where he would be matched against real prospects consistently. Have to confess though, no one in the Indians organization has asked my opinion. :reallyshocked:
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby dnosco » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:39 am

I had to smile when I saw the box score. Wouldn't it be nice at the end of next year or the beginning of 2012 to see a pitching box score like this in Cleveland? That is the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the AKron box score last night. Add in a Chisenhall HR and the final score and it would be just about perfect...especailly if we were playing the Yankees that night.
dnosco
Triple-A Stud

Postby theshow » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:22 am

dnosco wrote:I had to smile when I saw the box score. Wouldn't it be nice at the end of next year or the beginning of 2012 to see a pitching box score like this in Cleveland? That is the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the AKron box score last night. Add in a Chisenhall HR and the final score and it would be just about perfect...especailly if we were playing the Yankees that night.

Go to sleep D-man.... I can only imagine how a cranky sleep deprived Dennis may terrorize the message board.
theshow
Rookie Baller

Postby tribefan611 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:28 am

theshow wrote:
dnosco wrote:I had to smile when I saw the box score. Wouldn't it be nice at the end of next year or the beginning of 2012 to see a pitching box score like this in Cleveland? That is the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the AKron box score last night. Add in a Chisenhall HR and the final score and it would be just about perfect...especailly if we were playing the Yankees that night.

Go to sleep D-man.... I can only imagine how a cranky sleep deprived Dennis may terrorize the message board.

I can't believe you would ruin one of his better posts.
tribefan611
Single-A Phenom

Postby indianinkslinger » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:29 pm

tribefan611 wrote:
theshow wrote:

Amen to that! Dennis being civil and sharing! There always has to be an asshole and theshow is ours.
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby theshow » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:47 pm

indianinkslinger wrote:tribefan611 wrote:
theshow wrote:
dnosco wrote:
I had to smile when I saw the box score. Wouldn't it be nice at the end of next year or the beginning of 2012 to see a pitching box score like this in Cleveland? That is the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the AKron box score last night. Add in a Chisenhall HR and the final score and it would be just about perfect...especailly if we were playing the Yankees that night.

Amen to that! Dennis being civil and sharing! There always has to be an asshole and theshow is ours.

What can I say. I like to stir the pot. As the joker said in the dark knight, i am like a dog chasing cars, I dont know what i'd do if I actually caught one.
theshow
Rookie Baller

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:25 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed being at last night's game (made up for all the clunkers I witnessed earlier in the season and the half-hour traffic jam that almost made me late for the game). Just a well-played game from start to finish. Never any real doubt about who was going to win. I didn't even mind missing the Tribe's first win in almost a week.

Hopefully, it's not my last visit of the year to Canal Park.

MY CURRENT 3 FAVORITE AA TEAMS:

The Akron Aeros
Whoever's playing the Harrisburg Senators
Whoever's playing the Bowie Baysox

By the way, Tony, any word on why Rivero got pulled from the lineup last night?
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:41 pm

Update possibly related to the Rivero situation: DeGeorge has been called up from MV (per milb.com transaction log). Maybe Rivero to the DL is the corresponding countermove.
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby npc29 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:47 pm

Yeah looks that way. The MiLB roster has Lucas Montero listed on the DL, but the lineup card has him available off the bench. No Rivero to be found.

http://twitter.com/AkronAeros/status/22293307669
npc29
Single-A Phenom

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:50 pm

De la Cruz and Rivero to DL, DeGeorge and Montero active.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:58 pm

Consigliere wrote:De la Cruz and Rivero to DL, DeGeorge and Montero active.

Thanks. I'll add it to the log tomorrow (need to head home from the library soon).
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby JP_Frost » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:11 pm

Is De La Cruz' DL stint injury related or just to shut him down the rest of the year?
JP_Frost
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:21 pm

JP_Frost wrote:

Is De La Cruz' DL stint injury related or just to shut him down the rest of the year?

I'm not sure, though with Berger back in Akron they are full of starters now (Berger, Barnes, Packer, Kluber, White), so probably are using it as a way to shut him down the rest of the season after a considerable workload. I am pretty certain this is just a paper move.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby indianinkslinger » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Consigliere wrote:
JP_Frost wrote:

I'm not sure, though with Berger back in Akron they are full of starters now (Berger, Barnes, Packer, Kluber, White), so probably are using it as a way to shut him down the rest of the season after a considerable workload. I am pretty certain this is just a paper move.

I may be in the minority on the site but I consider DLCs recovery this year to be remarkable, even with its inconsistency. Gives me great hope for his future. I hope his fellow member of the "latin trio" comes out as well as DLC? :pleasantry:
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby dnosco » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:44 pm

indianinkslinger wrote:
tribefan611 wrote:
theshow wrote:

Amen to that! Dennis being civil and sharing! There always has to be an asshole and I am ours.

Just thought I would amend that quote to make it more believable.
dnosco
Triple-A Stud

Postby indianinkslinger » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:51 pm

dnosco wrote:
indianinkslinger wrote:
tribefan611 wrote:
theshow wrote:

Amen to that! Dennis being civil and sharing! There always has to be an asshole and I am ours.

Just thought I would amend that quote to make it more believable.

You are always rewriting history, why should this be any different? :lol:
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

PreviousNext

Return to Indians Prospect Talk