RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby Rocky55 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:52 am

Be interesting to follow Knapp next year. Should start at Kinston, may even stay there all year what with the logjam above him. If he makes it to Akron late, that might mean a possible Sept./'12 callup. Overly optimistic, I know, but possible.

With White, Packer, Gardner, Knapp, even Pomeranz, that's a ridiculous amount of talent arriving close together.
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot
 
Posts: 1650
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:13 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby MadThinker88 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:39 pm

Lloyd Christmas wrote:
Guilmet closes it out.

What to make of him?! Granted at 23 he's old for the league, but an 8:1 K:BB ratio, 13.67 K/9 and a 2.25ERA make a great year no matter how old you are.


Yeah surprised he lasted all year in LC. If a guy is that dominant I would think you can make room for him in Kinston.

Curious to know how often guys skip a level like Packer did going from A to AA?


Just finished watching the final Minor league magazine show today. Since Packer was mentioned, I figured I would bring this up - Atkins noted Packer in the listings of top players and to my surprise also noted had there been space in AAA, Packer would have gotten a look see at that level.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:48 am
Location: Eau Claire, Wisconsin

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby martyinnewyork » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:28 pm

Captains rained out...
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:16 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:01 pm

Lloyd Christmas wrote:
Guilmet closes it out.

What to make of him?! Granted at 23 he's old for the league, but an 8:1 K:BB ratio, 13.67 K/9 and a 2.25ERA make a great year no matter how old you are.


Yeah surprised he lasted all year in LC. If a guy is that dominant I would think you can make room for him in Kinston.

Curious to know how often guys skip a level like Packer did going from A to AA?


Just shows the logjam of relievers in Kinston and Akron in that they could not create spots for guys. They would have had Burns finish in Akron or Langwell in Akron had there been a spot (and likely then Guilmet in Kinston, etc).
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:02 pm

martyinnewyork wrote:Captains rained out...


Seriously, whose idea was it to run the rescheduled game up against the Browns opener? Why do I get the feeling that this time was forced upon them by the league?
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom
 
Posts: 799
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:47 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby TonyIBI » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:46 pm

Jimenez/Guilmet come up big in relief and help Captains survive with 7-6 win....deciding Game 3 is Tuesday night!
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:48 pm

Captains jump out to a 3-0 lead in the second inning of tonights series decider.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:51 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:38 pm

Captains on top 5-1 now after 5.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:51 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:02 pm

Looks like the Indians have gotten ahead of themselves.

Captains lead 5-1 after 6, but they flashed it up as a final at the Tribe game.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:51 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby TonyIBI » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:11 pm

dazindiansfanuk wrote:Looks like the Indians have gotten ahead of themselves.

Captains lead 5-1 after 6, but they flashed it up as a final at the Tribe game.


Yeah, the media department and all the beat writers just tweeted it too.

Laughable.
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:53 pm

6-1 Captains heading to the bottom of the 9th.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:51 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby TonyIBI » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:58 pm

One out. This is great, if they close the door here I will be able to see the Finals clincher in Eastlake as the Captains host Games 3, 4 and 5.
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby TonyIBI » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:03 pm

Awesome, congrats on the finals berth fellas.

Now that they are officially in, I will post the schedule:

Wednesday and Thursday at Clinton, IA 7:30pm EST
Saturday, Sunday, Monday at Eastlake, OH 6:30pm EST

Knapp goes Game 1....rotation for rest of series should be known tomorrow.
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby indianinkslinger » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:12 am

TonyIPI wrote:Awesome, congrats on the finals berth fellas.

Now that they are officially in, I will post the schedule:

Wednesday and Thursday at Clinton, IA 7:30pm EST
Saturday, Sunday, Monday at Eastlake, OH 6:30pm EST

Knapp goes Game 1....rotation for rest of series should be known tomorrow.

Hey Tony, can we assume from the rotation in the first two series that both Cook and Haley have been shut down for the season?
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud
 
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:11 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:00 pm

indianinkslinger wrote:Hey Tony, can we assume from the rotation in the first two series that both Cook and Haley have been shut down for the season?


Cook is done, but I am pretty sure Haley will pitch this series. He was supposed to start last Sunday for Lake County in Game 2 of their just completed series, but the rainout on Saturday pushed everyone back and they just skipped him.
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:04 pm

indianinkslinger wrote:Hey Tony, can we assume from the rotation in the first two series that both Cook and Haley have been shut down for the season?


Cook is done, but I am pretty sure Haley will pitch this series. He was supposed to start last Sunday for Lake County in Game 2 of their just completed series, but the rainout on Saturday pushed everyone back and they just skipped him.
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:18 pm

Captains jump out to a 3-0 3rd inning lead on an RBI single by Holt and a 2-run 2B from Frawley.

2 scoreless with 4K so far for Knapp.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:51 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:48 pm

dazindiansfanuk wrote:Captains jump out to a 3-0 3rd inning lead on an RBI single by Holt and a 2-run 2B from Frawley.

2 scoreless with 4K so far for Knapp.


Knapp out after 3.1.......6 Ks. Wasn't an injury that got him pulled I hope?

Tied at 3.....
Hermie13
MLB All Star
 
Posts: 7120
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:34 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:57 pm

Hermie13 wrote:
dazindiansfanuk wrote:Captains jump out to a 3-0 3rd inning lead on an RBI single by Holt and a 2-run 2B from Frawley.

2 scoreless with 4K so far for Knapp.


Knapp out after 3.1.......6 Ks. Wasn't an injury that got him pulled I hope?

Tied at 3.....


I assume pitch count.... he had hit a batter and allowed a hit in the inning.

Captains now tied at 3.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:51 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:58 pm

Captains trailed 6-3 heading into the 7th, but have rallied for 2 in the 7th and 4 in the 8th for a 9-6 lead.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:51 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:50 pm

Nice comeback win....thought there was no way they would come back when they fell behind 6-3 late.
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby elrod enchilada » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:07 am

Tony, inkslinger, zajac, et al--

I have been uncertain or even pessimistic about whether there were any legitimate position prospects on the Lake City team except perhaps for Holt once he joined the squad. Now I am not so sure. Frawley, in particular, is intriguing. He is old for low A, true, but he is productive. How is his glove?

Are any of the other position guys there -- Cid, Folgia, Martinez, Perez, Smit -- legit prospects? Or are they all pretty much system filler who will flame out along the way?

Thanks. This website and board are a godsend.

Elrod
elrod enchilada
Draft Prospect
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:43 am

elrod enchilada wrote:Tony, inkslinger, zajac, et al--

I have been uncertain or even pessimistic about whether there were any legitimate position prospects on the Lake City team except perhaps for Holt once he joined the squad. Now I am not so sure. Frawley, in particular, is intriguing. He is old for low A, true, but he is productive. How is his glove?

Are any of the other position guys there -- Cid, Folgia, Martinez, Perez, Smit -- legit prospects? Or are they all pretty much system filler who will flame out along the way?

Thanks. This website and board are a godsend.

Elrod


There are not many legit major league position prospect in Lake County. Chen left back in June, but he is a guy who could become a major league starter, be it catcher or say 1B because of his bat projection. Greenwell had a nice year and his speed and approach may get him to the bigs as a 4th outfielder unless he really takes well to centerfield and his offense keeps up as he moves up the ladder. Cid has great speed and plays well defensively, but is still so raw at the plate and with his defense....he's a bang or bust guy. Holt is someone I am not sure on....to be an everyday guy he will HAVE to play center field, otherwise I think he has a good shot of being a 4th outfielder at least in the bigs. Tice had a nice season offensively, but his body scares me and I see it breaking down quickly. Perez has exceptional ability behind the plate and is all but certain to one day be a backup big league catcher. He has also shown very good patience at the plate (80 walks). Frawley is someone I'd like to see play in Kinston next year. I don't think he will be a big league starter, he is just too small and I think his performance will level out once he gets to the appropriate level. That said, I think he has potential as a utility guy down the road. So, as you can see, not many legit position player prospects to be starters down the road, but a lot of pieces/parts potentially to be 20-25th guys on a big league roster.
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby A.Zajac » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:58 am

TonyIPI wrote:
elrod enchilada wrote:Tony, inkslinger, zajac, et al--

I have been uncertain or even pessimistic about whether there were any legitimate position prospects on the Lake City team except perhaps for Holt once he joined the squad. Now I am not so sure. Frawley, in particular, is intriguing. He is old for low A, true, but he is productive. How is his glove?

Are any of the other position guys there -- Cid, Folgia, Martinez, Perez, Smit -- legit prospects? Or are they all pretty much system filler who will flame out along the way?

Thanks. This website and board are a godsend.

Elrod


There are not many legit major league position prospect in Lake County. Chen left back in June, but he is a guy who could become a major league starter, be it catcher or say 1B because of his bat projection. Greenwell had a nice year and his speed and approach may get him to the bigs as a 4th outfielder unless he really takes well to centerfield and his offense keeps up as he moves up the ladder. Cid has great speed and plays well defensively, but is still so raw at the plate and with his defense....he's a bang or bust guy. Holt is someone I am not sure on....to be an everyday guy he will HAVE to play center field, otherwise I think he has a good shot of being a 4th outfielder at least in the bigs. Tice had a nice season offensively, but his body scares me and I see it breaking down quickly. Perez has exceptional ability behind the plate and is all but certain to one day be a backup big league catcher. He has also shown very good patience at the plate (80 walks). Frawley is someone I'd like to see play in Kinston next year. I don't think he will be a big league starter, he is just too small and I think his performance will level out once he gets to the appropriate level. That said, I think he has potential as a utility guy down the road. So, as you can see, not many legit position player prospects to be starters down the road, but a lot of pieces/parts potentially to be 20-25th guys on a big league roster.


The one legit prospect on LC that Tony completely forgot about is Knapp. Has FOR potential. I think it's also worth keeping an eye on Clayton Cook as well.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
User avatar
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud
 
Posts: 3141
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:31 am
Location: Struthers, OH

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:22 pm

A.Zajac wrote:
TonyIPI wrote:
elrod enchilada wrote:Tony, inkslinger, zajac, et al--

I have been uncertain or even pessimistic about whether there were any legitimate position prospects on the Lake City team except perhaps for Holt once he joined the squad. Now I am not so sure. Frawley, in particular, is intriguing. He is old for low A, true, but he is productive. How is his glove?

Are any of the other position guys there -- Cid, Folgia, Martinez, Perez, Smit -- legit prospects? Or are they all pretty much system filler who will flame out along the way?

Thanks. This website and board are a godsend.

Elrod


There are not many legit major league position prospect in Lake County. Chen left back in June, but he is a guy who could become a major league starter, be it catcher or say 1B because of his bat projection. Greenwell had a nice year and his speed and approach may get him to the bigs as a 4th outfielder unless he really takes well to centerfield and his offense keeps up as he moves up the ladder. Cid has great speed and plays well defensively, but is still so raw at the plate and with his defense....he's a bang or bust guy. Holt is someone I am not sure on....to be an everyday guy he will HAVE to play center field, otherwise I think he has a good shot of being a 4th outfielder at least in the bigs. Tice had a nice season offensively, but his body scares me and I see it breaking down quickly. Perez has exceptional ability behind the plate and is all but certain to one day be a backup big league catcher. He has also shown very good patience at the plate (80 walks). Frawley is someone I'd like to see play in Kinston next year. I don't think he will be a big league starter, he is just too small and I think his performance will level out once he gets to the appropriate level. That said, I think he has potential as a utility guy down the road. So, as you can see, not many legit position player prospects to be starters down the road, but a lot of pieces/parts potentially to be 20-25th guys on a big league roster.


The one legit prospect on LC that Tony completely forgot about is Knapp. Has FOR potential. I think it's also worth keeping an eye on Clayton Cook as well.



Tony and elrod were talking about "position" prospects, so Knapp or any other pitcher wouldn't be included....
Hermie13
MLB All Star
 
Posts: 7120
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:34 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Hermie13 wrote:Tony and elrod were talking about "position" prospects, so Knapp or any other pitcher wouldn't be included....


:good:
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:26 pm

Rotation and schedule for final four games:

Game 2: Thursday 9/16 @ Clinton (RHP Trey Haley), 7:30PM EST
Game 3: Saturday 9/18 @ Lake County (LHP Giovanni Soto), 6:30PM EST
Game 4: Sunday 9/19 @ Lake County (RHP Brett Brach), 6:30PM EST
Game 5: Monday 9/20 @ Lake County (LHP Vidal Nuno), 6:30PM EST
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby A.Zajac » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:44 pm

TonyIPI wrote:
Hermie13 wrote:Tony and elrod were talking about "position" prospects, so Knapp or any other pitcher wouldn't be included....


:good:


Good catch, didn't see that.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
User avatar
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud
 
Posts: 3141
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:31 am
Location: Struthers, OH

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby martyinnewyork » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:02 pm

Delvi Cid homers to tie it at 6, now in the 11th...
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:16 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:12 pm

Man, Captains blew an opp there in the 10th with 1st and 3rd with 1 out.

And as I type this Roberto Perez hits a HR for the lead in the 12th!!!
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby martyinnewyork » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:32 pm

Tied after 12... headed to bed...
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:16 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:42 pm

Man, Captains shoulda had a DP to end it there in the 12th.

Onto the 14th we go!
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:54 am

This is insane. Top of 18th inning now.

Does whoever win get credit for two wins in this one? :lol:
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:16 am

After all that they lose on a ball that goes right between Abraham's legs at 3B.

Went with Soto tonight, so a change in the rotation for the last three starts is obvious.
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby artgold » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:57 am

TonyIPI wrote:After all that they lose on a ball that goes right between Abraham's legs at 3B.


Well that is the type of experience that can ruin your offseason, Abraham probably won't get that out of his mind before April.

I saw the game attendance was about 760, I suspect by the end of the game there may have been more players on the field than fans in the stands.
artgold
Double-A Hot Shot
 
Posts: 1101
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:00 am

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby martyinnewyork » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:57 am

Interesting that they went with Soto late... could they summon someone like Kaminsky to take Soto's start?
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:16 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:48 am

martyinnewyork wrote:Interesting that they went with Soto late... could they summon someone like Kaminsky to take Soto's start?


With the off day, they can just bump everyone up and I am hearing Nuno will likely start on Saturday (Brach Game 4, then maybe Knapp for Game 5).
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:34 am

Brach tonight, Nuno tomorrow.

If needed, I am hearing that RHP Alex Kaminsky could get the call for Game 5. Doesn't appear that Knapp will make the start.
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby petes999 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:53 am

What happened to Haley at the end of the season? Issue with innings or just time to shut him down and focus on his mechanics and mental game?
petes999
Single-A Phenom
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:02 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby danh8 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:12 am

petes999 wrote:What happened to Haley at the end of the season? Issue with innings or just time to shut him down and focus on his mechanics and mental game?


I was talking to a coach that works with him, and he feels the mental aspect is overriding everything they try to do with him, and he's had a very hard time getting his mechanics staightened out in the process. He basically jusat puts his two index fingers on each side of his brain to explain what needs to change to get him squared away. Basically a combination of temperment and patience and trust in the process that is lacking. They think they have things squared away between startes and things can unravel fast with him in game situations.

Alot of the same things I heard about Fausto last year, I'm hearing with Trey. But, as was exlained ...not uncommon for a young pitcher with his stuff and makeup. They are planning to deconstruct a bit and rebuild in Arizona this fall and offseason.
danh8
Rookie Baller
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 12:49 am

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:10 pm

Captains jump out to a 2-0 first inning lead on a sac fly from Abraham and an RBI single by Burnette.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:51 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:26 pm

Holt launches a 2-run shot in the 6th to put the Captains up 7-1.

Brach with 9Ks thru 6.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:51 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby martyinnewyork » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:51 pm

Bottom of 8th, still 7-1...
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:16 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby martyinnewyork » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:42 pm

Captains win, one more and they are our 2nd minor league champs...
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:16 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:42 pm

Nice win tonight.

I will be there Sunday night and if they don't win I will be there on Monday night. Hope to have tons of photos and video of the Captains celebrating on the field and in the clubhouse like last year at Akron.
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby martyinnewyork » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:40 pm

Captains down 3-2 in bottom of 8th after Clinton scores 2 in top of the inning...
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:16 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby martyinnewyork » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:02 pm

A loss and now its 2 games apiece with deciding game tomorrow...
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:16 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby TonyIBI » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:03 pm

Only about 1200 in attendance, but man, that place was electric. More fan interaction and intensity with the 1200 than when they have a full house in a June regular season game.

Nuno was unbelievable tonight. Had the other team baffled the entire game except for that one mistake in the 1st inning.

Anyone who says these are meaningless minor league games needs to check themselves....the players are playing and reacting to everything like they are in the World Series. Nice to see the players in this kind of environment rather than the laid back approach of the regular season.
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby martyinnewyork » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Tony, that has always been my experience at minor league playoff games as well. You only have a few hundred people in the stands but they tend to be the most knowledgable fans and are really into the game. No groups of 3 moms, 3 dads, and 10 kids who sit in front of you and barely realize there's a game going on. In fact, those people generally pick the moment when the sacks are juiced with 2 outs to all stand up and go for some Dippin' Dots... as the crowd cheers, you realize you've just missed a grand slam off the scoreboard...
Wish I could get out there for game 5! Will it be Kaminsky?
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:16 pm

Re: Official 2010 Lake County Captains Thread

Postby TonyIBI » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:28 pm

Soto gets the Game 5 nod.
User avatar
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie
 
Posts: 5056
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Indians Prospect Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest