Indians Prospect Insider - Covering the Cleveland Indians from the Minors to the Big Leagues

Winter League thread

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Re: Winter League thread

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:22 pm

Rough-ish start for Fausto last night..... allowed 5 runs in 6IP but encouragingly walked 1 and struck out 8.

Now has a 20:6 K:BB ratio and 3.27ERA in 22IP.

Honny played 3B again last night too.... started 6 of his 7 games at the position.

http://mlb.mlb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp ... n_gigwin_1
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:51 pm

Re: Winter League thread

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:47 am

Interesting to note on Jhonny....
Hermie13
MLB All Star
 
Posts: 7096
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:34 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: Winter League thread

Postby carnegie44115 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:12 pm

Carmona made his fifth start in the Dominican yesterday,

Got the win and pitch 5 1/3 Innings, 5 Hits, 3 ER, O Walks, 5 K's

Not a really good start but, the walks being 0 and the Ks being 5 is a good sign he could be figuring out things. Overall he has 25 Ks to 6 BBs.
carnegie44115
Rookie Baller
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:12 pm

Re: Winter League thread

Postby Hermie13 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:34 pm

If Carmona can keep the walks down I think he'll be back to his 2007 self, which would be HUGE for this team. Lee and him 1-2 is as good as any in the league if he's at that form.

VERY good sign to see him doign better with that even if it is just the Dominican League.
Hermie13
MLB All Star
 
Posts: 7096
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:34 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: Winter League thread

Postby Duane Kuiper » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:46 pm

Carmona will be much better in 09 than he was in 08.
Duane Kuiper
Draft Prospect
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:51 am

Re: Winter League thread

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:38 am

I noticed Valbuena has 5 HRs in winter ball this year. Anyone know how big the stadium he plays in is? I know it's also just winter ball, but it's still nice to see him showing some power.
Hermie13
MLB All Star
 
Posts: 7096
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:34 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: Winter League thread

Postby npc29 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:57 pm

carnegie44115 wrote:Carmona made his fifth start in the Dominican yesterday,

Got the win and pitch 5 1/3 Innings, 5 Hits, 3 ER, O Walks, 5 K's

Not a really good start but, the walks being 0 and the Ks being 5 is a good sign he could be figuring out things. Overall he has 25 Ks to 6 BBs.


Yeah that's what I like to see... I think all of us will rest easier if he isn't walking people.
npc29
Single-A Phenom
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: Kent, OH

Re: Winter League thread

Postby carnegie44115 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:59 pm

npc29 wrote:
carnegie44115 wrote:Carmona made his fifth start in the Dominican yesterday,

Got the win and pitch 5 1/3 Innings, 5 Hits, 3 ER, O Walks, 5 K's

Not a really good start but, the walks being 0 and the Ks being 5 is a good sign he could be figuring out things. Overall he has 25 Ks to 6 BBs.


Yeah that's what I like to see... I think all of us will rest easier if he isn't walking people.



Yeah unfortunately he can revert back to his old self the next start, so some more tinkering needs to be done or it was just a bad day for him, it happens and that's a fact.

Dec 16

5 1/3 IP, 7 Hits, 5 ER, 4 BB, 3 K
carnegie44115
Rookie Baller
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:12 pm

Re: Winter League thread

Postby Hermie13 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:25 am

carnegie44115 wrote:Yeah unfortunately he can revert back to his old self the next start, so some more tinkering needs to be done or it was just a bad day for him, it happens and that's a fact.

Dec 16

5 1/3 IP, 7 Hits, 5 ER, 4 BB, 3 K


Jack!
Hermie13
MLB All Star
 
Posts: 7096
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:34 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Previous

Return to Indians Prospect Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron