RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Stevens would sure help this bullpen right now!

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Stevens would sure help this bullpen right now!

Postby TonyIBI » Sat May 02, 2009 8:37 am

Boy, Stevens would sure look good in this pen right now:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb ... pid=459999

In 8 appearances, in the offense-heavy Pacific Coast League, Stevens has thrown 10 shutout innings allowing just 3 hits, 6 walks and has 10 strikeouts.

Don't get me wrong, I like DeRosa. And, the trade made sense. But maybe we over-estimated our bullpen depth and should have looked into other options to give up instead of Stevens.

By the way, the other two guys in the trade are doing well too.....Archer is with Peoria in Low-A and is 1-0 with a 1.59 ERA in 4 starts though still having some issues with the walks. Gaub is with Double-A Tennessee and in 6 games has a 2.84 ERA and 10 Ks in 6.1 innings.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Re: Stevens would sure help this bullpen right now!

Postby JP_Frost » Sat May 02, 2009 8:45 am

I don't think Stevens is much better than Meloan, in fact Meloan has an even better minor league track record and probably a little more upside. The bullpen will right itself eventually -- the guys we have are far too good to be pitching this poorly. Let's just hope they'll do it sooner rather than later.
JP_Frost
Triple-A Stud

Postby MadThinker88 » Sat May 02, 2009 9:29 am

Thanks for the update Tony.
The success of Gaub doesn't surprise me. If you recall I had him listed as my 'breakout' guy for this year. I would not be surprised if he eventually got a Sept call-up to the majors this season.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Hermie13 » Sat May 02, 2009 3:36 pm

I still like Meloan better than Stevens as well, but Stevens would still be nice. It will be interesting to see when the Cubs will bring him up....they aren't having the best luck so far in the early going (just cut Vizciano)....
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby npc29 » Mon May 04, 2009 1:37 pm

It's nice to see those guys having good years so far. I hope the best for Jeff especially.
npc29
Single-A Phenom

Return to Indians Prospect Talk