RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

How do Camp Days for the Minor Leaguers work

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

How do Camp Days for the Minor Leaguers work

Postby Dave9819 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:01 am

Anybody been to the Goodyear complex during a camp day for the minor leaguers (no minor league games against other organizations scheduled)? Is it basically a full day of drills or do they play some intrasquad games?

Is it possible to get minor league autographs on days when they play another minor league team after the minor league game is over?
Dave9819
Undrafted Free Agent

Re: How do Camp Days for the Minor Leaguers work

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:02 am

I head in to Arizona tonight, so I can't answer the access issue with getting autographs yet. But by the sounds of reports coming in from other fans, it will be nowhere as easy as it was in Winter Haven. The minor leaguers will certainly go out of their way to sign, but getting to them to actually sign will be the biggest hurdle to overcome.

As for camp days, they are generally structured where they have morning practice/drills/BP from like 9-11am and then in the afternoon they have instrasquad games starting around 1pm with Columbus vs. Akron, Kinston vs. Lake County, and Mahoning Valley vs itself.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Re: How do Camp Days for the Minor Leaguers work

Postby artgold » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:56 pm

When I was there on camp day, they had some intersquad stuff going on.
artgold
Double-A Hot Shot

Return to Indians Prospect Talk