RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Major League BP / minor league workouts

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Major League BP / minor league workouts

Postby Dave9819 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:29 pm

I am going to show up on 3/31 (probably not get there until around 11:30 due to my plane not landing in Phoenix until 9:20am). When do the minor leagues break for lunch? When do they normally come out for afternoon practice? 3/31 is a camp day for the minors, and the Major league game does not start until 4:05pm AZ time so I was wondering if I will get to watch any Major League BP and minor league workouts prior to the 4:05 game?
Dave9819
Undrafted Free Agent

Re: Major League BP / minor league workouts

Postby artgold » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:16 am

Well, I can tell you that the schedule for the past week has been minor leaguers generally practicing from 9:00 to 11:00, with there sometimes being a simulated low A game from 11:00 on (time varied based on what work they are trying to get in). The simulated game was not every day. Minor league games start at 1:00, on the major league practice fields #1 and #2, at least for the AAA and AA games.

Basically, the morning minor league workouts were on the fields furthest south in the player development complex, while the minor league games in the two most northern fields in the complex.
artgold
Double-A Hot Shot

Return to Indians Prospect Talk