Indians Prospect Insider - Covering the Cleveland Indians from the Minors to the Big Leagues

BA and Lofgren

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

BA and Lofgren

Postby artgold » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:08 pm

In looking over all of the prospects listed on the 2009 BA top 30 listings, not a single prospect fell as far as Lofgren. I did a quick analysis and found that only 14 of the 300 prospects listed as a "top 10" for the team was designated as "dropped out" for this season.

Of these 14 players, 7 had been listed as the 10th best prospect in the respective organization last season. When looking at only the "top 5" prospects, only 2 were listed as "dropped out" from last year's listing, Lofgren (who was a #2 last year) and Jack Egbert (#5 White Sox last year).

Going back another season, I saw that last year 11 of the 300 prospects listed as a "top 10" in 2007 were dropped in the 2008 BA Prospect Handbook. Of these prospects, 7 had been listed as #10 for their organization in 2007, while the others all fell in the #7-9 range.

Lofgren's drop is by far the steepest in the two years that BA has been publishing the "historical" information. I hope he can get his career going again, it would be a great story.
artgold
Double-A Hot Shot

Re: BA and Lofgren

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:40 pm

FYI on Lofgren, as I mentioned in today's update showcasing the two Akron groups working out, he is still working out as a starting pitcher in camp. No move has been made at this time to the bullpen, and may not even happen.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Re: BA and Lofgren

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:05 pm

Consigliere wrote:FYI on Lofgren, as I mentioned in today's update showcasing the two Akron groups working out, he is still working out as a starting pitcher in camp. No move has been made at this time to the bullpen, and may not even happen.

ha, I'm still waiting to hear him announce he's moving to the OF :s_sarcastic (sadly only kinda kidding though, lol)
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Return to Indians Prospect Talk