Indians Prospect Insider - Covering the Cleveland Indians from the Minors to the Big Leagues

Smoke Signals 3/5: Pitching, pitching, and more pitching

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Smoke Signals 3/5: Pitching, pitching, and more pitching

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:12 pm

Tonight on Smoke Signals, Paul and I will kickoff our Indians season preview. With only four shows left before the start of the season (thank God), we will be previewing each of the four segments of the team: the starting rotation, bullpen, outfielders, and infielders. First up tonight is the starting rotation, which is clearly the most concerning area of the team at this point. Here is the link to listen live or at any time after the show:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/TheClevela ... ke-Signals

If anyone has a question in regard to the starting rotation that they would like addressed on the show, please e-mail us at smokesignals@theclevelandfan.com. You can also call in at 646-716-8012 during the show and talk with us about your question over the air. We have some stuff to give away tonight including some hats, T-shirts, books and more, so the first two callers tonight will get a prize of their choice.

Also, for the second half of the show we will be talking to Indians right-handed pitching prospect Steven Wright. Since being taken in the 2nd round of the draft out of Hawaii in 2006, Wright has moreoreless flown under the radar with the fans though he had a very good season last year in Kinston and Akron.

Next week (Thurs March 12th) we will continue our Indians season preview, this time focusing on one of the other areas, likely the bullpen. Also, baseball scout and former Baseball America writer Chris Kline is set to join the show and talk about the art of scouting. Should be a great show next week.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Re: Smoke Signals 3/5: Pitching, pitching, and more pitching

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:44 pm

Also, I will be on the TV tomorrow (Friday March 6th) on SportsTime Ohio to talk about Tribe prospects. Exact time is not known yet, but sometime in the afternoon between 4-5 o'clock.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby MadThinker88 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:13 pm

Tony,

You should see if you can link the TV interview to this website so those of us unable to watch the show can see and hear the interview later.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:54 am

Unfortunately, no TV feed is available and they can only air 1-2 min clips online per agreements with their cable/satellite partners.

I am DVRing it, so if someone can explain to me how to transfer the digital file from my DVR to my computer, then I will load it to You Tube so the whole thing can be viewed.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby webba2000 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:59 am

Consigliere wrote:I am DVRing it, so if someone can explain to me how to transfer the digital file from my DVR to my computer, then I will load it to You Tube so the whole thing can be viewed.

That would be great. :s_howdy
webba2000
Draft Prospect

Postby npc29 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:00 pm

You did a great job Tony. Excellent work.
npc29
Single-A Phenom

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:26 pm

npc29 wrote:You did a great job Tony. Excellent work.

Thanks! That was a lot of fun and can't wait to do it again.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Pop2Pop » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:46 am

Tony,
Do you discuss the minor league pitchers here at all?
I enjoyed the taped segments. Only parts 1 & 4 are available now.
About those farm club pitchers.....
Pop2Pop
Pop2Pop
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:29 am

Pop2Pop wrote:Tony,
Do you discuss the minor league pitchers here at all?
I enjoyed the taped segments. Only parts 1 & 4 are available now.
About those farm club pitchers.....
Pop2Pop

Just checked, and all four segments are still available.

Anyway, yeah, we talked about some of the pitchers....Adam Miller, Hector Rondon, David Huff, Kelvin De La Cruz, TJ House, Zach Putnam, and Scott Lewis were guys mentioned. Obviously the host focused more on guys people would know and care about more, which is the Top 10 guys, so we did not get into anything deeper as far as the pitching goes.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby webba2000 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:36 pm

thanks Tony for uploading you TV appearance. I really enjoy it. I hope you will be able to do it during the season as well.
Bye
webba2000
Draft Prospect

Postby Pop2Pop » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:09 pm

Thanks Tony. I was able to see all four segments this time. I sure understand not being able to speak about ALL the pitchers on the farm. We DO have to sleep sometime!
Thanks for all the info and insight,
James
Pop2Pop
Undrafted Free Agent

Return to Indians Prospect Talk