Indians Prospect Insider - Covering the Cleveland Indians from the Minors to the Big Leagues

Chris Jones

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Chris Jones

Postby artgold » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:00 pm

In looking at Chris Jones game to game performance it kind of jumps out that he had one hitters in three of his ten starts in the GCL. Adding in his strong GB/FB ratio and maturing physical condition, I wonder if he is going to be a big breakout guy this season.

Thoughts?
artgold
Double-A Hot Shot

Re: Chris Jones

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:56 am

I can't wait to go to minor league camp here in less than 4 weeks. Always interesting to see how much the bodies for some of the young guys have changed over the offseason. I am particularly interested in seeing if Jones was able to add some weight to his frame, as well as some of the other young pitchers like Salazar, Perez, McFarland, Cook, etc.

Jones is an interesting guy in that it is hard to pinpoint what the plans are for him this year. I believe he will start in the rotation at Lake County, but then he always could stay behind for a little bit in EST.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Return to Indians Prospect Talk