RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

BA's top 100

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

BA's top 100

Postby JP_Frost » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:18 pm

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/pr ... 67698.html

4 Indians on the list -- Santana (#26), LaPorta (#27), Weglarz (#58) and Miller (#82).
JP_Frost
Triple-A Stud

Re: BA's top 100

Postby indianinkslinger » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:22 pm

As I looked at the list, there was a few things that caught my attention. First, the Tribe did at least as well and probably better than our AL Central competitors. Second, all Cleveland prospects on the list are from AA/AAA so they are close to ML ready which cannot be said for the rest of the AL Central. We did this without any of our #1 choices from 2006/7/8 yet all three made Tony's top 10 list and several others including BAs. I think two of the four will lose prospect status this year along with at least two others. Even so, next year may have more Tribe prospects in the top 100.
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby JP_Frost » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:33 pm

indianinkslinger wrote:As I looked at the list, there was a few things that caught my attention. First, the Tribe did at least as well and probably better than our AL Central competitors. Second, all Cleveland prospects on the list are from AA/AAA so they are close to ML ready which cannot be said for the rest of the AL Central. We did this without any of our #1 choices from 2006/7/8 yet all three made Tony's top 10 list and several others including BAs. I think two of the four will lose prospect status this year along with at least two others. Even so, next year may have more Tribe prospects in the top 100.

definately ... guys like Rondon, De La Cruz, Mills and maybe Chisenhall have a chance to get in (if they continue their current development).

All in all, I think it's a very agressive list. I don't agree with all of the picks, but it's certainly an interesting ranking.
JP_Frost
Triple-A Stud

Postby jellis » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:15 pm

jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby artgold » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:18 am

Certainly seems to confirm the overall poster sentiments here about having a relatively strong farm system. When fans get together on a forum, they can sometimes lose perspective in how the organization compares to others. This was a good external validation.
artgold
Double-A Hot Shot

Return to Indians Prospect Talk