RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

New site feature coming soon!

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

New site feature coming soon!

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:32 am

I'm excited about a new feature coming to the site for this season, and I think the fans will really like it. I am still putting the finishing touches on this feature so can't give any specifics only to say that there will be 2-3 players blogging on this site this year. My goal was to get one player each from Columbus/Akron, Kinston/Lake Co, and extended spring training to do a weekly blog on the site....and this looks like it very well may happen. I'll have more in the coming week.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Re: New site feature coming soon!

Postby jellis » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:41 am

great to hear sounds like you might end up with new content to near everday next year. Your are doing a great job really quickly expanding the site
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby MadThinker88 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:30 am

Tony,
I'm unsure if it would work, but maybe you could set up a 'club/ level blog' so that different players can keep writing away about being at extended ST /Lake/ Kinston/ etc even if the main writer (or writers) gets hurt/ dealt/ or moved up.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:47 am

MadThinker88 wrote:Tony,
I'm unsure if it would work, but maybe you could set up a 'club/ level blog' so that different players can keep writing away about being at extended ST /Lake/ Kinston/ etc even if the main writer (or writers) gets hurt/ dealt/ or moved up.

Yes, I have thought about how to handle this if a guy is released or traded. Though, the guys I am using likely will not be traded or released. For example, the extended spring training guys (which I am 50/50 on landing at the moment) would involve one of the high profile high school pitchers from the 2008 Draft.....they aren't going anywhere. Now, injuries are a concern, but then again they can always blog about their experiences in their rehab and stuff.

Still working out the details with this, and will continue to do so for the next month up until spring training starts. Hope to get one or two of them blogging once spring camp starts on March 5th.....and carry it through the season where they are doing it one a week or every two weeks. Really at their leisure.

And as always, anyone who is interested in writing on the site is always welcome. My goal is to have two main pieces post a day, one being the daily game recaps and the other some type of article. Obvisouly Minor happenings every Thurs and I plan to do 2-3 player articles a week...so that leaves 3-4 open "slots" for people to fill. Hoping the players can fill 1-2 of those slots.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby jellis » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:46 pm

I know I have talked with tony about a 3 up and 3 down if anyone knows any sites that would be useful for this please share, much easier then checking boxscores which I know has had to do for Minor Happenings
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby MadThinker88 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:51 pm

what about the milb website??
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby gorman8621 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:49 pm

Nice, I like the idea a lot! Obviously lots of great content on here as it is, but getting the player's perspective always makes things interesting.

Tony, I'd be interested in writing an article every now and then when you need it. Just let me know.
gorman8621
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:38 am

Gorman, email me at tlastoria@gmail.com and we'll talk more about the possibility of writing.

Also, confirmed player blogs on this site will be: Vinnie Pestano, Chris Gimenez, TJ House, and Clayton Cook

Still working on one or two more that will be at the Kinston/Lake Co level so players at really every level are represented. Some will be writing weekly, some b-weekly, and some monthly. Really excited about this, as this adds another perspective I wanted to touch on (the players perspective).
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby npc29 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:47 am

That's a great list.. Especially excited to read Gimeinez's after listening to him on your show. Plus he has the realistic opportunity to be in the Majors.
npc29
Single-A Phenom

Postby dazindiansfanuk » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:19 pm

Consigliere wrote:
MadThinker88 wrote:Tony,

Yes, I have thought about how to handle this if a guy is released or traded. Though, the guys I am using likely will not be traded or released. For example, the extended spring training guys (which I am 50/50 on landing at the moment) would involve one of the high profile high school pitchers from the 2008 Draft.....they aren't going anywhere. Now, injuries are a concern, but then again they can always blog about their experiences in their rehab and stuff.

Still working out the details with this, and will continue to do so for the next month up until spring training starts. Hope to get one or two of them blogging once spring camp starts on March 5th.....and carry it through the season where they are doing it one a week or every two weeks. Really at their leisure.

And as always, anyone who is interested in writing on the site is always welcome. My goal is to have two main pieces post a day, one being the daily game recaps and the other some type of article. Obvisouly Minor happenings every Thurs and I plan to do 2-3 player articles a week...so that leaves 3-4 open "slots" for people to fill. Hoping the players can fill 1-2 of those slots.

As always Tony, I'm available if you ever need a hand with anything.
dazindiansfanuk
Double-A Hot Shot

Return to Indians Prospect Talk