Indians Prospect Insider - Covering the Cleveland Indians from the Minors to the Big Leagues

Lake County 2009 Schedule

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Lake County 2009 Schedule

Postby TribeFan » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:35 pm

Not that this has anything to do with prospects per se, but does anyone have any idea as to why Lake County changed the time of the games there to 6:30? It seems like an unusual starting time and from what I remember, the start times last year were 7:00.
TribeFan
Undrafted Free Agent

Re: Lake County 2009 Schedule

Postby MadThinker88 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:57 pm

Sounds like a question for Tony.

While we are at it, are there any clubs on the Lake County home schedule that fans of prospects should circle in order to see someone special on the other club??
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:59 pm

Good question. Looking at the schedule, it looks to be more for the April/May games as they go back to 7pm in June and later. I will ask, but I am almost certain this is for the kids who are in school. Bumping up the start time a half hour gets them home a half hour earlier and may be more inviting to some parents.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:02 pm

Consigliere wrote:Good question. Looking at the schedule, it looks to be more for the April/May games as they go back to 7pm in June and later. I will ask, but I am almost certain this is for the kids who are in school. Bumping up the start time a half hour gets them home a half hour earlier and may be more inviting to some parents.

Could also be weather. Still chilly in April and May. Extra half hour isn't much, but more daylight and more warmer weather......

Just a thought though, could have nothing to do with it.....

The kids idea sounds pretty plausible.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby dnosco » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:04 pm

It also gives the chance of playing in a little warmer temperatures and in the sunlight. I don't see why they don't start those earlier games at 6 pm. 6:30 or 7:00 seems a little late if you are going to eat at the park whereas 6 pm means you can combine dinner and game more easily.

I do not remember the configuration of the park but I can't believe that it would be a sun-related issue to start all the games at 6:30. I know I attended a couple of twi-night doubleheaders there in recent years and I don't remember it being such a sun issue that I noticed the players having trouble seeing, but my memory could be wrong on that.

If only the Captains had such a problem that more people would show up if the games started at a particular time, now THAT would be a problem.
dnosco
Triple-A Stud

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:39 pm

dnosco wrote:It also gives the chance of playing in a little warmer temperatures and in the sunlight.

Is there an echo in the room? ;) lol, just kidding
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Return to Indians Prospect Talk