RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Dan Cevette...

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Dan Cevette...

Postby martyinnewyork » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:48 pm

Baseball America lists Cevette as "reinstated from inactive list" by the Indians as per 12/30... what's up?

Always have pulled for Dan... it's been a long road for him...
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom

Re: Dan Cevette...

Postby TonyIBI » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:35 pm

Saw that myself.....think it was more of a paper move than anything. But maybe something is up....I'll see what I can find out.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby martyinnewyork » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:15 am

Baseball America, in its 2/9 listing of Minor League Transactions, has "released Dan Cevette" for the Tribe's move this week.
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom

Postby HackettBaseball » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:25 pm

If you look farther down the article of transactions you will see that he signed with the Royals.

If you want to look at the article I wrote about Dan signing with the Royals on my website. Finally for those that like video the local news channel did an article on Dan signing that can be found also on my website (it takes a second to load up):

I'd like to thank Indians fans who had nice things to say of Dan over the years. It just never quite worked out with the Indians for a variety of reasons. I think there were still Indians people who liked Dan but they could promise no roster spot for the season and I think it was best for both sides to move on.

-Bruce Hackett

I cant type in links because this is my first post. But go to google and type in Hackett Baseball and you should have no problems finding my website.
HackettBaseball
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby TonyIBI » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:47 pm

Bruce, thanks for stopping by. Please pass along my best wishes to Dan. I actually tried contacting him a few times the past few weeks, but it appears the contact info I have for him may be outdated now.

Here is the site link:

http://www.eteamz.com/sites/Hackettbaseball/

Again, good luck to Dan......
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby MadThinker88 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:16 pm

I'm a little surprised that the Indians allowed Dan to get his release so he could sign with a division rival.
One on hand you don't try to knowingly assist a division rival without getting something in return. On the other hand you want to keep your organization appearing 'player friendly'. You never know when that might be the little nudge you need to get someone to sign with you instead of someone else.
Last edited by MadThinker88 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:28 am

This is one of those cases where the Indians would have released Dan anyway. His time ran out in the org and we just have too many innings to give to younger players with higher upside at this point. You really don't get anything for marginal prospects deep in the system...you just let them go and sometimes they resurface elsewhere. I wish Dan all the luck with the Royals.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Return to Indians Prospect Talk