RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Official 2013 Akron Aeros game thread

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Official 2013 Akron Aeros game thread

Postby A.Zajac » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:52 pm

All Aeros talk goes here.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Re: Official 2013 Akron Aeros game thread

Postby GeronimoSon » Wed May 15, 2013 5:05 pm

Fangraphs had a nice comment about the Aeros Danny Salazar, only.. (you would have thought the rest of the team took the night off...).. http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/danny-sa ... n-taillon/
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby nubballguy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:15 pm

I noticed something interesting so thought I'd put it out there for the crowd to speculate on:

Some of the guys currently have averages very close to one another at the moment. Who finishes with the higher batting average: Ramirez (.256), Rodriquez (.261) or Aguilar (.258)? Current avg in ().
Also, Urshela (.282) and Moncrief (.281) are neck and neck. Any predictions on how those two finish up?

My guess is that Ramirez beats out Aguilar with Rodriquez finishing up 3rd. I can see Ramirez finishing around .280 even. Of the current .280 hitters, I hope they both excel as they are favorites of mine but I think prior history will guide my choice and despite Moncrief's current tear, I think Urshela takes it. Which one wins the HR derby between those two? I'm going out on a limb there to say Urshela again but I think Moncrief will have more XBH.

I anticipate all 5 of these players to spend the season at Akron.
nubballguy
Draft Prospect

Postby nubballguy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:21 pm

There are 4 bullpen guys currently "rehabbing" at Akron right now: Perez, Wood, CC Lee and Adams.

Which one do you think can help the parent club the most by season's end? While Perez' return is the most likely, the one I'm most intrigued with possibly coming in and giving the Tribe bullpen a boost is Blake Wood. His rehab seems to be going well and he was an emerging force last year, I can see him really being another quality arm in the pen. Perhaps after the All-Star break if all goes well?

Hopefully Lee and Adams work their way up to Columbus and maybe are an option for a September call up in a perfect world.

Clearly Perez' last performance is nothing deserving of going up to the big league pen immediatley. I haven't heard anything since that debacle but have to hope management decides to give him a few more turns in the minors to either prove himself or show himself to be injured.

Thoughts?
nubballguy
Draft Prospect

Postby BrianM » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:20 pm

nubballguy wrote:There are 4 bullpen guys currently "rehabbing" at Akron right now: Perez, Wood, CC Lee and Adams.

Which one do you think can help the parent club the most by season's end? While Perez' return is the most likely, the one I'm most intrigued with possibly coming in and giving the Tribe bullpen a boost is Blake Wood. His rehab seems to be going well and he was an emerging force last year, I can see him really being another quality arm in the pen. Perhaps after the All-Star break if all goes well?

Hopefully Lee and Adams work their way up to Columbus and maybe are an option for a September call up in a perfect world.

Clearly Perez' last performance is nothing deserving of going up to the big league pen immediatley. I haven't heard anything since that debacle but have to hope management decides to give him a few more turns in the minors to either prove himself or show himself to be injured.

Thoughts?

Which one does the best against lefties?

Im intrigued by all of them for the near future, but if were gonna demote someone like Albers, he needs to be replaced with a loogy, preferably via trade. I don't think any of those guys will be able to outperform Smith, Allen, Pestano, or Shaw, but if one of them can produce against lefties, he needs to be up sooner rather than later.
BrianM
Rookie Baller

Postby daingean » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:29 am

daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby ASUTribefan » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:22 pm

Kyle Crockett promoted to Akron today. going to see him next month at this rate

14.1 IP 0.63 ERA 23 Ks 3 BBs .173 BAA
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby GoTribe028 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:52 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:Kyle Crockett promoted to Akron today. going to see him next month at this rate

14.1 IP 0.63 ERA 23 Ks 3 BBs .173 BAA

I know he's mostly a finished product, but those numbers are just nasty at any level.
Follow me on Twitter @GoTribe028 for useless and random tweets.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby nubballguy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:03 am

Drove a couple of hours through traffic in very iffy weather conditions to see the Aeros tonight and witness Lindor first hand. Of course he had the night off! Doh!!
Still, it was cool to see all the other prospects out there tonight. Ramirez impressed me, RRod has a certain swagger, Aguilar is a big boy and Moncrief has some size as well. Urshela made some plays at 3rd and Ramirez made an awesome play at short deep in the hole and a great throw. It's nice to see them in person, just disappointed I didn't get to see Lindor play.
Had a very nice and interesting conversation with the bus driver. Had some great stories to tell and gave some insight into the players personalities as well. Good man.
nubballguy
Draft Prospect

Postby martyinnewyork » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:15 pm

Naquin and Anderson up!
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom

Postby ASUTribefan » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:34 pm

Anderson getting the start tomorrow. He started 23 games for the Mudcats with a 9-4 record and a 2.34 ERA. Anderson gave up just 32 ER in 123.1 IP and struck out 112.

NaQuin promoted with averaging over a strikeout per game batting, hm and here i was told K Rate matters and he was stuck in Carolina until it improved :lol
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby ASUTribefan » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:00 pm

5 IP 2 ER 5 K for Anderson tonight
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby nubballguy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:53 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:5 IP 2 ER 5 K for Anderson tonight

Good start to his AA career. Naquin, not so much.
nubballguy
Draft Prospect

Postby GoTribe028 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:18 pm

@RyanLewisABJ: #Aeros manager Edwin Rodriguez just told me top-prospect SS Francisco Lindor might be done for the season with a back injury. #Indians

Well shoot.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby A.Zajac » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:31 pm

GoTribe028 wrote:
@RyanLewisABJ: #Aeros manager Edwin Rodriguez just told me top-prospect SS Francisco Lindor might be done for the season with a back injury. #Indians

Well shoot.

Not good. I'd rather they play it safe with him, though..
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby MadThinker88 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:00 am

A.Zajac wrote:
GoTribe028 wrote:

Well shoot.

Not good. I'd rather they play it safe with him, though..

Disappointing but better to be cautious and safe. I figure they planned on him heading to the aRizona Fall league so getting a break now is a good thing.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby MadThinker88 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:05 am

Pluto posted something about Jose Ramirez being in line for a Sept call to bigs as INF utility and pinch runner.
Personally I don't do it unless Jose is eligible for Rule 5 this offseason (is not per Tony's reference page).

There are a handful of guys that need to be sorted thru and I don't want to lose a 40 man slot that I don't need to going into the offseason.
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby PEngle39 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:45 am

MadThinker88 wrote:Pluto posted something about Jose Ramirez being in line for a Sept call to bigs as INF utility and pinch runner.
Personally I don't do it unless Jose is eligible for Rule 5 this offseason (is not per Tony's reference page).

There are a handful of guys that need to be sorted thru and I don't want to lose a 40 man slot that I don't need to going into the offseason.

He's the fastest Indian in the upper minors (possibly the entire minor league system), knows how to draw a walk, and mashes against lefties. If he can help the big club in any way down the stretch, it would be gross negligence on the Indians part to let him rot in the minors when the rosters expand. I don't know who these "handful" of guys that need to be sorted thru but Ramirez is a priority prospect with a skill (speed) that can play at the MLB level this instant and the Indians aren't going to "sort" those "handful" of guys out at the MLB level when they're fighting for their playoff lives....
PEngle39
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby Edible14 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:54 am

MadThinker88 wrote:Pluto posted something about Jose Ramirez being in line for a Sept call to bigs as INF utility and pinch runner.

40 spots aren't a huge deal this off-season. We're at 43 right now, and after Marson, Smith, Albers, Hill, Giambi, Kazmir, and Ubaldo are factored through, you've still got guys like Diaz, Fedroff, Barnes and Herrman who could likely clear waivers and wouldn't be big losses if claimed. And there's not a whole lot that needs to be added from the minors. Aguilar, Moncrief and Packer are the only guys I'm really concerned about, with some peripheral interest in the likes of Price, Soto, Adams and maybe Flores. I agree that you don't want to burn a 40 man roster spot you don't need, but Ramirez could fit on the team as a pinch-runner/defensive replacement, and I don't see anyone that screams "better" option as the last bench spot (currently occupied by the resting Scott Kazmir). If he helps the team on a playoff push, that seems worth it to me.

Put it this way. The alternatives are Fedroff, Phelps and Juan Diaz. Maybe Lou Marson, if he's anywhere near healthy. I'll take Ramirez if it the team is still in the running.
Edible14
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GoTribe028 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:28 am

Just a thought but hasn't Ramirez been playing 3rd base recently for Akron?

Anyway I'd be stunned to see him brought up so soon but stranger things have happened.

EDIT: After actually reading throug Pluto's column I see that even he pointed out Ramirez played a little 3rd.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:19 am

PEngle39 wrote:

He's the fastest Indian in the upper minors (possibly the entire minor league system), knows how to draw a walk, and mashes against lefties. If he can help the big club in any way down the stretch, it would be gross negligence on the Indians part to let him rot in the minors when the rosters expand. I don't know who these "handful" of guys that need to be sorted thru but Ramirez is a priority prospect with a skill (speed) that can play at the MLB level this instant and the Indians aren't going to "sort" those "handful" of guys out at the MLB level when they're fighting for their playoff lives....

No
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby PEngle39 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:51 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:
PEngle39 wrote:

No

He's a priority prospect, he was the talk of the Indians FO in spring training, started slow in Akron but has improved every month despite being the youngest player to qualify in the EL. I also like how you conveniently left an important part un-bolded to serve your own agenda....

Unless he forgets how to put one foot in front of the other (he just stole home off Biddle), his speed could help at the Major League level right now.

But I'm sure you'll find some obscure reason to disagree.....
PEngle39
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:24 pm

PEngle39 wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:
PEngle39 wrote:

No

He's a priority prospect, he was the talk of the Indians FO in spring training, started slow in Akron but has improved every month despite being the youngest player to qualify in the EL. I also like how you conveniently left an important part un-bolded to serve your own agenda....

Unless he forgets how to put one foot in front of the other (he just stole home off Biddle), his speed could help at the Major League level right now.

kinda like how you have obscure reasons he is a priority prospect? what adgenda it was stating a fact, he cannot play in the majors right now and he's not a priority spec. Tell me, what about no power, no defense and small says MLB quality ?
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby MadThinker88 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:12 pm

If the Tribe needs a pinch runner so badly, call up Zeke Carerra.
I like Jose Ramirez but considering how much has played since the end of last season, a short break may do him a world of good at this point. Also, I doubt Jose makes the Tribe roster out of Spring Training as a backup/ utility infielder so why set yourself up to burn an option in 2014 when you can avoid it...
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby PEngle39 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:09 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:
PEngle39 wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:
PEngle39 wrote:

No

kinda like how you have obscure reasons he is a priority prospect? what adgenda it was stating a fact, he cannot play in the majors right now and he's not a priority spec. Tell me, what about no power, no defense and small says MLB quality ?

No power? Ok. He gets on base and steals bases, though.

No defense? He has easy plus range and if you've ever seen him, you'd know that. If he plays no defense, as you say, why would the Indians play him at THREE different positions if he couldn't even defend is original position? Hmmmmmmmm

Too small? Are you saying there's a height limit in the MLB?

All three reasons you gave do nothing but show your ignorance. The kid is going to be a pinch runner and utility defender if he's called up. Kipnis is one of the worst fielding 2B in the MLB (he's a negative defender according to FanGraphs) and they'll always need speed on the bench when you're playing guys like Santana, Giambi, Chisenhall, Raburn, Gomes, etc. If you can find me another player that can fill that role with a similar skill set, please let me know....

I know for a fact the Indians are higher on Ramirez than anyone else and the fact that this news from Pluto came out while Antonetti is in Oakland going over the exact September call ups with Francona gives this some real legs.
PEngle39
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:42 pm

PEngle39 wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:
PEngle39 wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:
PEngle39 wrote:

No

So do 100's of other players in the minors

No defense? He has easy plus range and if you've ever seen him, you'd know that. If he plays no defense, as you say, why would the Indians play him at THREE different positions if he couldn't even defend is original position? Hmmmmmmmm

He's atrocious on defense, the Indians dont play him anywhere, he has yet to play 1 single inning for the Indians.

Name all the current successful 5'8 players in baseball

All three reasons you gave do nothing but show your ignorance.

LOL bullsh*t, you come on here telling your lies then get butthurt when proven wrong. Igorance? LOL get the fuck outta here.

The kid is going to be a pinch runner and utility defender if he's called up. Kipnis is one of the worst fielding 2B in the MLB (he's a negative defender according to FanGraphs) and they'll always need speed on the bench when you're playing guys like Santana, Giambi, Chisenhall, Raburn, Gomes, etc. If you can find me another player that can fill that role with a similar skill set, please let me know....

Ezezkiel Carrera, Next

I know for a fact the Indians are higher on Ramirez than anyone else and the fact that this news from Pluto came out while Antonetti is in Oakland going over the exact September call ups with Francona gives this some real legs

LOL Bullsh*t, but thats nothing new with your trolling post. no facts or substance, just pure lying bullsh*t.
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby PEngle39 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:12 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:
PEngle39 wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:
PEngle39 wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:
PEngle39 wrote:

No

So do 100's of other players in the minors

He's atrocious on defense, the Indians dont play him anywhere, he has yet to play 1 single inning for the Indians.

Name all the current successful 5'8 players in baseball

All three reasons you gave do nothing but show your ignorance.

LOL bullsh*t, you come on here telling your lies then get butthurt when proven wrong. Igorance? LOL get the fuck outta here.

The kid is going to be a pinch runner and utility defender if he's called up. Kipnis is one of the worst fielding 2B in the MLB (he's a negative defender according to FanGraphs) and they'll always need speed on the bench when you're playing guys like Santana, Giambi, Chisenhall, Raburn, Gomes, etc. If you can find me another player that can fill that role with a similar skill set, please let me know....

Ezezkiel Carrera, Next

I know for a fact the Indians are higher on Ramirez than anyone else and the fact that this news from Pluto came out while Antonetti is in Oakland going over the exact September call ups with Francona gives this some real legs

LOL Bullsh*t, but thats nothing new with your trolling post. no facts or substance, just pure lying bullsh*t.

Hmmm, where to start....

If Ramirez is just one of hundreds of players with a similar skill set, please name all of the 20 year olds in AA that are having a similar statistical season.

He's atrocious on defense? You've never seen him play so I don't know how you'd come to that conclusion. He'd never sniff a second position, let alone a third position, if he wasn't a plus defender at his original position. That's just common sense, which you seem to lack..... Oh, and the Indians tell E-Rod where to play Ramirez, who else do you think makes that decision? Ignorance....

All players 5'9" (Jose Ramirez' height) or shorter; Yogi Berra, Joe Morgan, Jimmy Rollins, Jose Altuve, Chone Figgins, Brian Roberts, Dustin Pedroia, must I continue to play your silly game?

Yes, you are as ignorant as they come. You haven't proved anything; you're an ignorant troll who spouts off unintelligent garbage just to disagree. Where are your facts? Do you think using curse words means you're stating a fact or something?

Ezequiel Carrera plays 2B or SS or 3B???? You really need to improve your reading comprehension.....

Pure lying bullshit? What did I lie about? No facts? I spent two weeks at Indians ST and Francona went out of his way to talk about how good Ramirez is on numerous occasions. The Indians had him skip the most important level in the minor leagues and moved him to AA as a 20 year old; I don't know if there's a better example of a 'priority prospect.' I also know that Antonetti met the team on the off-day in Oakland so he could sit down with Francona and specifically discuss the September call-ups. I don't know where I lied.....

You're right, everyone can do this.....

Last edited by PEngle39 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PEngle39
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby A.Zajac » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:38 pm

Just my opinion, but if Ramirez wasn't a "priority prospect", I don't think they would be pushing him as fast as they have been. If he was just an organizational filler, they'd keep him where they needed.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:55 pm

Why would i need to watch him play? every indians scout/writer says his D needs a ton of work, ill take their word, long, long, loooong after yours and its not even compareable really. you clearly dont understand how baseball works, its a pretty bad sign when you have to play other positions especially one of the least talented defensive positions, i have never once heard it to be a good thing for a priority prospect being forced to play other positions.

What part of current did you not understand? i wasn't aware Morgan, or Berra are playing this year. hm out of 800 players on MLB 25 man teams you can only name 5 current players? sounds like pretty shitty odds to me. not to mention Roberts are Pedrioa are 5'9. so 3 players out of 800? :lol

Ignorant troll? Naw just telling it like it is, you dont know what the fuck your talking about thats all there is too it. you still think Yogi Berra and Joe Morgan are playing baseball for christ sakes and you tell someone else to improve their reading comprehention :lol :lol :lol

you have yet to post a single, not even 1 single fact, about Ramirez, just lies apon lies that have been disproven multiple times by facts, how is that not lying? Oh no he can hit AA pitching! what a force, Hall of famer for sure!! :lol :lol :lol

your about as clueless as it gets about baseball, but contine to call others who prove you wrong ignorant and trolling because you dont know what the hell your talking about
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby ASUTribefan » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:56 pm

A.Zajac wrote:Just my opinion, but if Ramirez wasn't a "priority prospect", I don't think they would be pushing him as fast as they have been. If he was just an organizational filler, they'd keep him where they needed.

he's an Org. Filler at best.
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby PEngle39 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:27 am

ASUTribefan wrote:Why would i need to watch him play? every indians scout/writer says his D needs a ton of work, ill take their word, long, long, loooong after yours and its not even compareable really. you clearly dont understand how baseball works, its a pretty bad sign when you have to play other positions especially one of the least talented defensive positions, i have never once heard it to be a good thing for a priority prospect being forced to play other positions.

What part of current did you not understand? i wasn't aware Morgan, or Berra are playing this year. hm out of 800 players on MLB 25 man teams you can only name 5 current players? sounds like pretty shitty odds to me. not to mention Roberts are Pedrioa are 5'9. so 3 players out of 800? :lol

Ignorant troll? Naw just telling it like it is, you dont know what the fuck your talking about thats all there is too it. you still think Yogi Berra and Joe Morgan are playing baseball for christ sakes and you tell someone else to improve their reading comprehention :lol :lol :lol

you have yet to post a single, not even 1 single fact, about Ramirez, just lies apon lies that have been disproven multiple times by facts, how is that not lying? Oh no he can hit AA pitching! what a force, Hall of famer for sure!! :lol :lol :lol

your about as clueless as it gets about baseball, but contine to call others who prove you wrong ignorant and trolling because you dont know what the hell your talking about

Let's see these reports. Put up or shut up! Ramirez plays multiple positions so he can play every day in a crowded infield and it helps that he's an equally talented defender; you act like he plays 1B or LF. He only started playing 3B after Lindor was called up so his bat could stay in the lineup without moving Ronny Rodriguez to a lesser role. Furthermore, 3B is NOT an easy position...Again, your ignorance. Based on your theory, Jurickson Profar sucks. It's not like I'm even debating whether or not Ramirez is a gold glove caliber defender or anything like it. I just think his defense is plus; his range is certainly plus and that's not really up for debate. I don't know how you've proven me wrong; you've just told me I'm wrong and hurled insults and curse words; you haven't provided one meaningful fact throughout this banter. How bout posting those mythical reports you keep mentioning? Again, put up or shut up.

Those were just players off the top of my head. I'm not going to waste my time on some ignorant loser with no life. You're a troll and have single handedly ruined this forum for numerous people; everyone literally hates you. Ramirez is 5'9" so I don't know why you refer to him as 5'8", can't read? If you're smart enough to know where to find them, I'm sure you'll be able to find many players 5'9" or smaller on MLB rosters.

What has been disproven based on what I've said? Please give me an example. You've admittedly never seen the kid play, so let me see these reports that disprove everything I've said. I want to see them, I need to seem them. I've seen him play roughly 18 times, ST included, this year and have had more than one conversation with an Indians official about the kid and I haven't said anything that hasn't been conveyed to me or witnessed in person. I really don't understand your vehement objection unless you just like being an abrasive jackass. You've never answered my question, whose the one player that would fit the pinch runner/ utility infielder role then if Ramirez isn't called up?

You need to seek serious professional help. I have never encountered a more confrontational, ignorant, uneducated, internet tough guy in my entire life.
PEngle39
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby criznit2009 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:37 am

I really do not want to have to ignore anyboy, but ASUTribefan... Please be more civil in your discourse and watch the language a little bit.. No need to be such a jerk/troll.
criznit2009
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GoTribe028 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:59 am

criznit2009 wrote:I really do not want to have to ignore anyboy, but ASUTribefan... Please be more civil in your discourse and watch the language a little bit.. No need to be such a jerk/troll.

I've already ignored him. The board is a better experience for me now.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby MadThinker88 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:57 pm

I went the ignore route with him a while ago. It begs the question - how many ignores until more permanent steps get taken.

I feel bad that my post Sat nite/ early Sunday morning referencing the Pluo item kicked off this latest run of BS.
If the Tribe wants another PR on the bench, fine. I think there are more options than Jose Ramirez.

Hopefully Tony has his Tuesday show this week. Would love to discuss the Jose Ramirez report...
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby A.Zajac » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:55 pm

MadThinker88 wrote:I went the ignore route with him a while ago. It begs the question - how many ignores until more permanent steps get taken.

I feel bad that my post Sat nite/ early Sunday morning referencing the Pluo item kicked off this latest run of BS.
If the Tribe wants another PR on the bench, fine. I think there are more options than Jose Ramirez.

Hopefully Tony has his Tuesday show this week. Would love to discuss the Jose Ramirez report...

I tried my best to make this happen.. Other voices need to be heard and maybe it'll happen then.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby Edible14 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:04 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:
A.Zajac wrote:Just my opinion, but if Ramirez wasn't a "priority prospect", I don't think they would be pushing him as fast as they have been. If he was just an organizational filler, they'd keep him where they needed.

Clearly the #6 ranked prospect from IBI, #13 by MLB.com, and #9 by Minor League Ball is just "filler". For a guy who proudly spouts off about how he never needs to see Ramirez in person, you don't seem to be following his existing scouting reports.

I don't even think Ramirez will be that great. I think he's probably just a utility infielder/bench guy who won't hit enough to start anywhere. But he'll probably make the majors at some point, even if that's not this year. Which is kind-of the exact opposite of "org filler". The fact is that he's a consensus top 20 prospect for the org, which makes him a priority prospect.
Edible14
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby ASUTribefan » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:15 pm

Edible14 wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:

Clearly the #6 ranked prospect from IBI, #13 by MLB.com, and #9 by Minor League Ball is just "filler". For a guy who proudly spouts off about how he never needs to see Ramirez in person, you don't seem to be following his existing scouting reports.

I don't even think Ramirez will be that great. I think he's probably just a utility infielder/bench guy who won't hit enough to start anywhere. But he'll probably make the majors at some point, even if that's not this year. Which is kind-of the exact opposite of "org filler". The fact is that he's a consensus top 20 prospect for the org, which makes him a priority prospect.

Matt Laporta, Adam Miller, Andy Marte, Nick Weglarz, etc

Prospect Rankings mean very very little, just like minor league stats, but keep spewing your BS. you'll see your in the wrong in due time.
ASUTribefan
Rookie Baller

Postby A.Zajac » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:06 pm

ASUTribefan wrote:
Edible14 wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:

Prospect Rankings mean very very little, just like minor league stats, but keep spewing your BS. you'll see your in the wrong in due time.

All of the name you mentioned were top prospects.. none of them were considered "organizational fillers" like you've been arguing about Jose Ramirez.
Follow me on Twitter!
@AndrewIPI
A.Zajac
Triple-A Stud

Postby PEngle39 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:44 am

ASUTribefan wrote:
Edible14 wrote:
ASUTribefan wrote:

The org. filler will be making his MLB debut at the age of 20.

At what point do you man up and eat the crow and hopefully disappear from this forum forever?

P.S. I'm still waiting for those scouting reports from you that say Ramirez sucks......
PEngle39
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby GoTribe028 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:58 am

So apparently the Akron Aeros have changed their name to the Akron Rubber Ducks.

@darrenrovell: Baseball team in Akron, where Goodyear is based, changes name to Rubber Ducks, tire tread in logo http://t.co/in1n8nPYpH

@AkronRubberDuck: Check out the new look on http://t.co/p10d9MD9B9!

I gotta say, the name kinda comes off a little goofy when you first hear it, but I really dig the new logo

http://www.milb.com/assets/images/3/0/6 ... cxrxkv.jpg
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby BrianM » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:44 pm

I loved the Aeros orignal Logo. Interesting change. Maybe 'Aeros' is on the ballot to be the new name of the major league team.

I do like the Rubber Ducks name and logo though.
BrianM
Rookie Baller

Postby GoTribe028 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:01 pm

BrianM wrote:I loved the Aeros orignal Logo. Interesting change. Maybe 'Aeros' is on the ballot to be the new name of the major league team.

I do like the Rubber Ducks name and logo though.

I had a similar thought regarding the Indians name but I think it's simply just an advertising move made by the owners. Heck I may just have to buy one of their shirts.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby martyinnewyork » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:41 pm

If they want the tie-in with the Goodyear plant, how bout the Akron Condoms!
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom

Postby martyinnewyork » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:51 pm

And between innings they could have Weenie Races!
Here they come, fans- it's Ribbed in the lead, with Flavored gaining fast and Extra Large in the rear!!!
martyinnewyork
Single-A Phenom

Postby BrianM » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:19 pm

martyinnewyork wrote:And between innings they could have Weenie Races!
Here they come, fans- it's Ribbed in the lead, with Flavored gaining fast and Extra Large in the rear!!!

10 points if someone can guess this movie quote...

'ribbed for her pleasure....ewwwwww'

but back to the topic, I would like to know why they changed mascots. I really thought the Aeros was one of the best names in sports.

Honestly, if I was starting an expansion team or simply changing the team name of my Major League club, I would probably just purchase the rights of a minor league team name rather than try to think of something new. It seems like there has been a lot more criticism lately of our logo, so maybe a name switch really is on the agenda and the Aeros are an option.
BrianM
Rookie Baller

Postby GoTribe028 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:03 am

BrianM wrote:
martyinnewyork wrote:And between innings they could have Weenie Races!

10 points if someone can guess this movie quote...

'ribbed for her pleasure....ewwwwww'

but back to the topic, I would like to know why they changed mascots. I really thought the Aeros was one of the best names in sports.

Honestly, if I was starting an expansion team or simply changing the team name of my Major League club, I would probably just purchase the rights of a minor league team name rather than try to think of something new. It seems like there has been a lot more criticism lately of our logo, so maybe a name switch really is on the agenda and the Aeros are an option.

Don't remember if it was the first Wayne's World or the Second, bu I do know Garth says it lol
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Edible14 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:28 am

I don't mind the name RubberDucks - there are worse and more gimmicky names in the minors (Owlz, Chukars). And at least it's not another adjective-cat/dog (of which there are 4 in the Eastern League). It's cute and family friendly and locally tied.

But the logos are bad. Awful even. I like the color scheme, and I don't mind the tire tread motif. The logos look a bit like a rip-off of the worst aspects of the Anaheim Ducks. I think they should probably stick to having the black tire tread pattern as either a background element or only use it in the wordmark/letter logo. Why does a rubber duck have fists made of black tire-like rubber?

Also, the city should occasionally be referred to as Quackron from now on.
Edible14
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Hermie13 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:34 am

BrianM wrote:Honestly, if I was starting an expansion team or simply changing the team name of my Major League club, I would probably just purchase the rights of a minor league team name rather than try to think of something new. It seems like there has been a lot more criticism lately of our logo, so maybe a name switch really is on the agenda and the Aeros are an option.

There really doesn't seem to be much out there against the name "Indians". It's simply the logo, Chief Wahoo, that some people are up in arms about. If anything, maybe Chief Wahoo would go away and you'd just have a block C or script I for a logo. But don't see the name "Indians" changing in my lifetime. Would be surprised if Chief Wahoo disappeared completely either.

Now...maybe a new Chief Wahoo logo could happen in the near future. Tribe went thru several iterations of Chief Wahoo before keeping the current one for many years. Maybe they work with an American Indian group to come up with a "less offensive" Chief Wahoo.

Still say Chief Wahoo is fine though.

As far as Akron's new name....not a fan of it. Do think the new logo is kind of cool though. Honestly think just the Akron Ducks could have worked and then used this logo to imply the rubber industry.

Think the Akron Zeppelins would have been a better name though. Could have honored the Goodyear tradition in Akron but had a much cooler name. Could have tried to get Blimpie on board as a big time sponsor or at least done a promotion with them. Sort of like Google and Kit Kat right now.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby GoTribe028 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:06 am

Hermie13 wrote:
BrianM wrote:Honestly, if I was starting an expansion team or simply changing the team name of my Major League club, I would probably just purchase the rights of a minor league team name rather than try to think of something new. It seems like there has been a lot more criticism lately of our logo, so maybe a name switch really is on the agenda and the Aeros are an option.

There really doesn't seem to be much out there against the name "Indians". It's simply the logo, Chief Wahoo, that some people are up in arms about. If anything, maybe Chief Wahoo would go away and you'd just have a block C or script I for a logo. But don't see the name "Indians" changing in my lifetime. Would be surprised if Chief Wahoo disappeared completely either.

Now...maybe a new Chief Wahoo logo could happen in the near future. Tribe went thru several iterations of Chief Wahoo before keeping the current one for many years. Maybe they work with an American Indian group to come up with a "less offensive" Chief Wahoo.

Still say Chief Wahoo is fine though.

As far as Akron's new name....not a fan of it. Do think the new logo is kind of cool though. Honestly think just the Akron Ducks could have worked and then used this logo to imply the rubber industry.

Think the Akron Zeppelins would have been a better name though. Could have honored the Goodyear tradition in Akron but had a much cooler name. Could have tried to get Blimpie on board as a big time sponsor or at least done a promotion with them. Sort of like Google and Kit Kat right now.

You could make a "less offensive" Chief Wahoo and another butt hurt white person is gonna complain. I think Bob Costas ripped the Indians name along with CW on TV a few weeks ago during a rant on the Washinton Redskins. I used to not care, and will forever have the Chief Wahoo logo for myself but I'm tired of hearing about it from crybaby TV peeps.

I'm almost hoping for a new "brand name" for Clevelans baseball just so all these protesters will finally have to shut the hell up about it and can move on to the next thing. I mean let's face it, my red socks and the local Cardinals have never been more vocal about their misrepresentation since this World Series has begun play.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby daingean » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:45 am

GoTribe028 wrote:
You could make a "less offensive" Chief Wahoo and another butt hurt white person is gonna complain. I think Bob Costas ripped the Indians name along with CW on TV a few weeks ago during a rant on the Washinton Redskins. I used to not care, and will forever have the Chief Wahoo logo for myself but I'm tired of hearing about it from crybaby TV peeps.

I'm almost hoping for a new "brand name" for Clevelans baseball just so all these protesters will finally have to shut the hell up about it and can move on to the next thing. I mean let's face it, my red socks and the local Cardinals have never been more vocal about their misrepresentation since this World Series has begun play.

Let me get this right........the Indians name was at least partially chosen in honor of Louis Sockalexis, the first Native American, to play MLB baseball. I understand if you have no sense of humour, that Chief Wahoo may be offensive but I tell them to get a sense of humour. Not if the Indians do want to get a new mascot....then I say revive the Spiders name and use a web as a logo but have the web kind of resemble Chief Wahoo.
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Next

Return to Indians Prospect Talk