Indians Prospect Insider - Covering the Cleveland Indians from the Minors to the Big Leagues

Remember this guy

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Remember this guy

Postby criznit2009 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:01 pm

I do and was surprised he got cut.. Looks like he may have the last laugh. Chalk up another good move made by the indians scouting dept./F.O

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.js ... pid=573064

Now to be clear - not saying he is a "stud" prospect or even much of a prospect, but clearly he has some stuff and for whatever reason he was cut... Why? Don't know but when I look at the pitchers we have at A and AA it's clear he wasn't blocked by superior talent IMO
criznit2009
Double-A Hot Shot

Re: Remember this guy

Postby MadThinker88 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:28 pm

Yeah, I remember him. In fact I think I was the leader on his bandwagon. Believe I was the only guy to rank him in my top 30 prospects. Will have to go into the archives and see if I can locate that info......
MadThinker88
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby JP_Frost » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:49 pm

Yeah, great. A 25-year old pitcher with middling stuff putting up good A and AA ball stats. Man, wish we had a guy like that ... uhm, yeah ... Paolo Espino.

These threads are ridiculous.
JP_Frost
Triple-A Stud

Postby Edible14 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:32 am

He IS left-handed though. Would at least prefer him to Eric Berger, but let's not get worked up over every prospect that puts up a good year elsewhere.
Edible14
Double-A Hot Shot

Return to Indians Prospect Talk