RSS Twitter Facebook YouTube
Expand Menu

Luis Lugo?

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Luis Lugo?

Postby OhioBaseball » Wed May 16, 2012 1:00 am

Is this Luis Lugo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrgEQiMYuB0

If so, how in the world did he slip underneath the International signing radar screen? This guy is a legit prospect. I'm just surprised of hearing of some signings of some mediocre talents, but no fan fare about this guy.

If this guy is indeed an Indians prospect, I'm really happy. I mean, there is a guy that is going to be taken 10th to 15th overall in next month's draft that doesn't appear to be much better (Max Fried -- California HS). Like Fried, this Lugo guy doesn't have the big huge, projectable frame but goodness, Lugo has a very good arm action and it looks like he's able to throw a very nice curveball with that arm speed and slot. This Lugo guy is a late first round talent, maybe not as loose of an arm action as Fried and a bit less arm speed, but still very nice. I'd like to see a more loose and larger body, but still, good stuff.
OhioBaseball
Single-A Phenom

Re: Luis Lugo?

Postby TonyIBI » Wed May 16, 2012 10:37 pm

OhioBaseball wrote:Is this Luis Lugo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrgEQiMYuB0

If so, how in the world did he slip underneath the International signing radar screen? This guy is a legit prospect. I'm just surprised of hearing of some signings of some mediocre talents, but no fan fare about this guy.

If this guy is indeed an Indians prospect, I'm really happy. I mean, there is a guy that is going to be taken 10th to 15th overall in next month's draft that doesn't appear to be much better (Max Fried -- California HS). Like Fried, this Lugo guy doesn't have the big huge, projectable frame but goodness, Lugo has a very good arm action and it looks like he's able to throw a very nice curveball with that arm speed and slot. This Lugo guy is a late first round talent, maybe not as loose of an arm action as Fried and a bit less arm speed, but still very nice. I'd like to see a more loose and larger body, but still, good stuff.

Yep, that's him. I actually just posted a note about him in Minor Happenings yesterday. He's been pitching well in extended and probably will pitch in Arizona again though has a shot to pitch some at the end of the year at Mahoning Valley. He was my #2 Latin ranked prospect behind Paulino coming into the season (ahead of Santander at #3). Definitely a prospect.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Re: Luis Lugo?

Postby OhioBaseball » Wed May 16, 2012 11:11 pm

Thanks, Tony. Very nice looking prospect. Great arm action and long limbs. Can't see it on the video, but I bet he's got a real nice curveball. I really like pitchers like him -- he should be able to miss some bats.

Starting to get excited about the lower levels of the system. There are some good talents in A-ball and lower.
OhioBaseball
Single-A Phenom

Return to Indians Prospect Talk