Indians Prospect Insider - Covering the Cleveland Indians from the Minors to the Big Leagues

2011 Draft Signing Thread

Talk shop about the various prospects and teams that make up the Cleveland Indians organization.

Re: 2011 Draft Signing Thread

Postby theshow » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:15 pm

daingean wrote:off topic but if the Indians were to save on Carmona they would probably add to the Major League team now since we are in a pennant race.

I was strongly calling for the Indians to trade Carmona last off season because I knew his stock could not get any higher. That being said, I think Fausto could easily find his 2010 form again and be a solid #3 starter on a good team. The Indians need to give him a couple more outings and see if him and Belch can work through it and he can find it again.
theshow
Rookie Baller

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:12 pm

elrod enchilada wrote:Slightly OT, but I do not want to start a separate thread.

Fausto Carmona is owed $28 million over the next three seasons, and $7 million next year. It is not guaranteed.

Why not let Carmona go after this season, and take what he would have been paid next season, $7 million, and add it to the draft signing budget to sign the best high school players the Tribe picked in the draft, some of whom are unlikely to sign; i.e. Howard, Haase, Tarpley, Peters, Sparks, Kramer, Diemer, Morimando, Eureste, Embree.

I think we can replace Carmona on the cheap with one of the arms at AAA. I would really like to have an influx of young kids, especially position players. I would be willing to have a lower major league payroll in 2012 to pay for it.

Next year's big league budget would not be used toward this year's draft budget. The only way the big league budget bleeds into the draft budget is when the Indians trade some guys to clear salary in July/August and then use some of the savings to sign some picks.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby indianinkslinger » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:36 pm

theshow wrote:
daingean wrote:off topic but if the Indians were to save on Carmona they would probably add to the Major League team now since we are in a pennant race.

I was strongly calling for the Indians to trade Carmona last off season because I knew his stock could not get any higher. That being said, I think Fausto could easily find his 2010 form again and be a solid #3 starter on a good team. The Indians need to give him a couple more outings and see if him and Belch can work through it and he can find it again.

+1. Not ready to throw Carmona away. Plenty of time after the season if necessary. Would rather see if he and Grady can recover form than dump them for little or nothing. We do need some vets along with the youth IMO. :pleasantry:
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby OhioBaseball » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:14 am

Last edited by OhioBaseball on Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OhioBaseball
Single-A Phenom

Postby entertheshoe » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:19 am

Tony, what happened to Zack MacPhee?

Wasn't he supposed to be signing like a week ago?
entertheshoe
Rookie Baller

Postby OhioBaseball » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:33 am

Obviously, it's not news that these two have been signed, but It's been reported that Jake Sisco got $325k and Jake Lowery $220k.

Good job to the scouting department for getting these two signed at slot. Sisco made his debut Friday, I believe. 3 perfect innings and 3 K's. I tend to favor tall, athletic, quick, loose armed, projectable pitching prospects, so I can be biased, but Sisco at that $ amount is attractive. Also am in favor of getting guys at skill positions that can drive the ball for extra base hits (Lowery).
OhioBaseball
Single-A Phenom

Postby GeronimoSon » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:24 pm

Evan Frazar is the type of all around athlete that can contribute in many ways on the baseball field.. he's a five tool player with power, exceptional range, speed, strong arm..etc. He was dismissed from the Ole Miss squad for youthful indiscretions but put his shoulder to the wheel and generated great numbers in JC... He's a Nomar-esque in his approach both offensively and defensively.. He'll be banging on the door for promotion and should rocket through the Indians minor league systems as an impact bat offensively and as a dedicated/hard working defender as a position player.

Good signing... ranks right up there with Bryson Myles as the 'sleeper' of the 2011 draft...
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

Postby TonyIBI » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:20 am

Corey Embree reportedly may ink a deal this week.

Also a UDFA RHP was at Mahoning Valley on Sunday, had just arrived, but I did not catch his name.

Also, whoever mentioned it, I don't recall any word on MacPhee close to signing?
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby entertheshoe » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:28 am

From the draft signings update thread, June 14th:

Now that Arizona State has been eliminated from the college baseball postseason, expect 13th rounder second baseman Zach Macphee to sign soon. With Arizona State banned from the 2012 postseason because of NCAA violations, the lure to stay in school to play for a College World Series title next year is gone. He would strictly want to stay only to finish his degree, which is something he can do any time, plus risks seeing his draft stock fall his senior year. He already experienced the stock fall from his sophomore to junior year, so that may be enough to entice him to go pro now.
entertheshoe
Rookie Baller

Postby toledobuck » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:33 am

Love the potential signing of Corey Embree. He and Brian Ruiz are some late round HS bat flyers that could really pay off. Can't wait to get this kid in AZ to start his tenure with the Tribe. We need impact bats with power and these two kids definitely have that.
toledobuck
Rookie Baller

Postby smt1192 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:54 pm

TonyIPI wrote:Corey Embree reportedly may ink a deal this week.

Also a UDFA RHP was at Mahoning Valley on Sunday, had just arrived, but I did not catch his name.

Also, whoever mentioned it, I don't recall any word on MacPhee close to signing?

Was it Will Krasne?

http://www.rollinssports.com/ViewArticl ... EASON=2010

Listed him as a signing on the Indians transaction page.
smt1192
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby OhioBaseball » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:17 pm

entertheshoe wrote:From the draft signings update thread, June 14th:

Now that Arizona State has been eliminated from the college baseball postseason, expect 13th rounder second baseman Zach Macphee to sign soon. With Arizona State banned from the 2012 postseason because of NCAA violations, the lure to stay in school to play for a College World Series title next year is gone. He would strictly want to stay only to finish his degree, which is something he can do any time, plus risks seeing his draft stock fall his senior year. He already experienced the stock fall from his sophomore to junior year, so that may be enough to entice him to go pro now.

ASU may not be eligible for post-season play, but MacPhee is a 21 year old guy and Arizona State is arguably the biggest party school in the country, there's tons of attractive coeds all over the place there and the weather is amazing. I know I wouldn't be rushing to leave, particularly if I was low-balled on an a pro contract.
OhioBaseball
Single-A Phenom

Postby daingean » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:54 am

OhioBaseball wrote:ASU may not be eligible for post-season play, but MacPhee is a 21 year old guy and Arizona State is arguably the biggest party school in the country, there's tons of attractive coeds all over the place there and the weather is amazing. I know I wouldn't be rushing to leave, particularly if I was low-balled on an a pro contract.

That may be the case but if MacPhee doesn't sign then he probably doesn't have the competitiveness to effectively move up the ladder. Staying in school to party rather than aim for the ultimate prize (which is out of the picture now). I can see staying in school because of education and trying to win it all but not to party some more.
daingean
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby elrod enchilada » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:20 am

I agree. If he wants to have a career in professional baseball, the smart move is to sign now and dive into the career. The odds improve. He can spend a lot of time on campus from Nov.-Feb. and have an active social life, if that is a concern he has.
elrod enchilada
Draft Prospect

Postby TonyIBI » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:03 am

smt1192 wrote:
TonyIPI wrote:Corey Embree reportedly may ink a deal this week.

Was it Will Krasne?

http://www.rollinssports.com/ViewArticl ... EASON=2010

Listed him as a signing on the Indians transaction page.

Yep that's the guy.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby TitoFrancona » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:20 am

OhioBaseball wrote:ASU may not be eligible for post-season play, but MacPhee is a 21 year old guy and Arizona State is arguably the biggest party school in the country, there's tons of attractive coeds all over the place there and the weather is amazing. I know I wouldn't be rushing to leave, particularly if I was low-balled on an a pro contract.

I'm sure it's a huge temptation, but if this guy has "serious" aspirations of being a professional baseball player, he's not going to let the best possible chance of reaching that goal get away.

On the other hand, imo, if he's more into partying than concerning himself about his future as a professional baseball player, he's probably never going to make it anyway, so the Indians are better off if he doesn't sign.
TitoFrancona
Draft Prospect

Postby Hermie13 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:39 pm

daingean wrote:

That may be the case but if MacPhee doesn't sign then he probably doesn't have the competitiveness to effectively move up the ladder. Staying in school to party rather than aim for the ultimate prize (which is out of the picture now). I can see staying in school because of education and trying to win it all but not to party some more.

I wouldn't necessarily say that him going back to school means that he doesn't have the competiveness to be effective. He very easily could feel that he can perform much better next season and improve his draft stock (this year was terrible for him compared to 2010). Perhaps he feels he can get closer to those numbers (have my doubts). Even if he can't play in the post-season, a much better 2012 season could get him higher in the draft.

Doubt (or hope) the partying part is real.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby OhioBaseball » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:41 pm

daingean wrote:

I agree w/ what you and others have said. Although, macphee was looking at being a 2nd or 3rd rounder last year at this time. Staying at asu to just party would not be a good idea if he wants to be a pro ballplayer. He could stay at asu and get stronger to improve his draft stock while enjoying all the things asu offers. I definitely wouldn't be jumping to sign a slot deal if I were him.

Will kimmey noted macphee as a guy that might not be able to hit with wood bc he struggled so much with the new bat, btw
OhioBaseball
Single-A Phenom

Postby Hermie13 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:48 pm

OhioBaseball wrote:Will kimmey noted macphee as a guy that might not be able to hit with wood bc he struggled so much with the new bat, btw

This is where my concerns come in. I wouldn't be offering him much more than slot. Too large a dip this year with the new bats for my liking. Still can get on base though.
Hermie13
MLB All Star

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:23 pm

Any word on when Johnson and Frazar will be assigned to MV or AZL and start playing?
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby TonyIBI » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:11 pm

Upper Box Woodchuck wrote:Any word on when Johnson and Frazar will be assigned to MV or AZL and start playing?

None yet. Prob sometime this week.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:54 am

Barr has signed for $2500 and will report to MV on Thursday.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby ClevBuck » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:21 pm

Somewhat breaking news: Arkansas Razorbacks baseball coach says he's hearing Howard will likely sign with Cleveland after his summer season and he's heard some guys in the Cleveland FOR value him more them any other pitcher in the system and could see him in the majors by 21-22 because Howard has been more them happy with sitting mid 90s he just wants to learn how to pitch more them just throw hard
ClevBuck
Draft Prospect

Postby entertheshoe » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:31 pm

ClevBuck wrote:Somewhat breaking news: Arkansas Razorbacks baseball coach says he's hearing Howard will likely sign with Cleveland after his summer season and he's heard some guys in the Cleveland FOR value him more them any other pitcher in the system and could see him in the majors by 21-22 because Howard has been more them happy with sitting mid 90s he just wants to learn how to pitch more them just throw hard

Verrry nice. Hope it's true.
entertheshoe
Rookie Baller

Postby GoTribe028 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:35 pm

entertheshoe wrote:
ClevBuck wrote:Somewhat breaking news: Arkansas Razorbacks baseball coach says he's hearing Howard will likely sign with Cleveland after his summer season and he's heard some guys in the Cleveland FOR value him more them any other pitcher in the system and could see him in the majors by 21-22 because Howard has been more them happy with sitting mid 90s he just wants to learn how to pitch more them just throw hard

Agree...seems a little suspect though...a link here would be nice.
Follow me on Twitter @GoTribe028 for useless and random tweets.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby GoTribe028 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:27 pm

GoTribe028 wrote:
entertheshoe wrote:

Agree...seems a little suspect though...a link here would be nice.

This is the most updated piece online that I've been able to find regarding Dillon Howard. Til I see otherwise, I'm calling BS about him being a likely sign. Makes no sense when Boras represents the kid.

http://www.swtimes.com/sports/article_a ... 002e0.html

Arkansas still is awaiting word on the rest of its signing class, including Searcy High's Dillon Howard. The pitcher was selected by the Cleveland Indians in the second round of the draft and Arkansas is holding out hope he'll come to school.

"If he comes here he'll be a first-round pick, and might be in the top five, (in two year)," Van Horn said. "He may be the first player taken."
Follow me on Twitter @GoTribe028 for useless and random tweets.
GoTribe028
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:14 pm

Heres a link about Howard from 6/27

http://blogs.nwaonline.com/slophouse/20 ... -van-horn/

Van Horn said he expects first round picks Brandon Nimmo (Mets) and Michael Fulmer (Mets), and second round pick Dillon Howard (Indians) to sign professional contracts and forgo their college eligibility.

Arkansas coaches were optimistic Howard, who was projected as a first round pick, might come to school if the Indians didn’t match his desired offer sheet.

“We’re still hopeful, but just hearing things through the grapevine I think he’ll probably end up getting the money he wants,” Van Horn said. “I don’t think Cleveland will let him get away.”
Lloyd Christmas
Draft Prospect

Postby jellis » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:15 pm

Lloyd Christmas wrote:Heres a link about Howard from 6/27

Van Horn said he expects first round picks Brandon Nimmo (Mets) and Michael Fulmer (Mets), and second round pick Dillon Howard (Indians) to sign professional contracts and forgo their college eligibility.

Arkansas coaches were optimistic Howard, who was projected as a first round pick, might come to school if the Indians didn’t match his desired offer sheet.

“We’re still hopeful, but just hearing things through the grapevine I think he’ll probably end up getting the money he wants,” Van Horn said. “I don’t think Cleveland will let him get away.”

a lot of conjecture for a guy who has never talked to the Indians, good strategy to talk down the chances better then trumping up and then losing the guys
jellis
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:01 am

jellis wrote:

a lot of conjecture for a guy who has never talked to the Indians, good strategy to talk down the chances better then trumping up and then losing the guys

Sounds like a guy who knows something is up.

In other words, that Howard has already signed, but that the deal will not be approved by MLB until closer to the signing deadline. I know of a pitcher in a recent draft who got overslot money and signed at the beginning of July but the deal could not be announced until early August because ML did not want to approve it until closer to the deadline.

By the way, thanks for the link. I will put it on the front page.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby entertheshoe » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:37 am

TonyIPI wrote:
jellis wrote:

Sounds like a guy who knows something is up.

In other words, that Howard has already signed, but that the deal will not be approved by MLB until closer to the signing deadline. I know of a pitcher in a recent draft who got overslot money and signed at the beginning of July but the deal could not be announced until early August because ML did not want to approve it until closer to the deadline.

By the way, thanks for the link. I will put it on the front page.

What does MLB get out of preventing the signing? I don't understand...

Is it to try to prevent other teams overpaying as a result?
entertheshoe
Rookie Baller

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:46 am

entertheshoe wrote:What does MLB get out of preventing the signing? I don't understand...

Is it to try to prevent other teams overpaying as a result?

It's a joke of a process. Their thinking is that it deters the overslots, or at least by delaying the announcements that the process is viewed as working by general public (whereas the teams/players/agents know it is not).

If teams were allowed to sign guys for what they want and when they want, the Indians would already probably have Howard and Lindor signed.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Rocky55 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:32 am

Tony, I was going to ask in the MV thread but thought it fit better here; any idea of the level of interest is for signing Abel Guerrero? Since he's young & I assume pretty raw would he be sent to AZL or MV if he was signed?
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby TonyIBI » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:52 am

Rocky55 wrote:Tony, I was going to ask in the MV thread but thought it fit better here; any idea of the level of interest is for signing Abel Guerrero? Since he's young & I assume pretty raw would he be sent to AZL or MV if he was signed?

I actually talked to him shortly after the draft....eager to sign. Comes down to how the Indians feel about him and the priority as they won't talk about their plans during the signing process (like Fort Knox).
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby homerawayfromhome » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:07 am

The Indians have signed Jack Wagoner -RHP Florida Gulf Coast.
http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/team/t ... eam_id=114
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby TonyIBI » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:03 am

FYI, Indians almost without a doubt will sign all of remaining Top 10 picks. Just almost all will be on or just before Aug 15th deadline. Dillon Peters though is not a sure thing, and more 50-50 or maybe more like 40-60 (as expected). Roth unlikely too.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby homerawayfromhome » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:40 am

Kind of surprised Will Roberts hasn't signed yet. Personally not a fan of soft toss pitchers but I t like his pitchability. Some reason he reminds me of Charles Nagy.

Of all the later 'flier' pks I'd love to see the Tribe be able to sign Taylor Sparks 3b committed to UCIrvine right-handed power bat the Tribe needs.
homerawayfromhome
Triple-A Stud

Postby Tondo » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:40 am

TonyIPI wrote:FYI, Indians almost without a doubt will sign all of remaining Top 10 picks. Just almost all will be on or just before Aug 15th deadline. Dillon Peters though is not a sure thing, and more 50-50 or maybe more like 40-60 (as expected). Roth unlikely too.

Wow if true...I was sure we'd have to punt 1 of Lindor, Howard, Haase or Tarpley and still have nor problem with it if we got 3 of those 4...pretty good haul if we get all 4...now Peters on top would be icing

I liked the Merritt and Brady gambles...any word/hints on them? Also, 1 of Reckling, C.Anderson, Armstrong, Davenport would be nice too...what are the chances of getting at least 1or2 of those 6 arms?

If we add Embree too this is shaping up as another pretty good influx of talent :good:
Tondo
Rookie Baller

Postby toledobuck » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:20 am

Kind of surprised we would be signing the HS catcher from MI (Haase). We have pretty good low minor depth at C. I also thought Tarpley was looking to be a difficult sign.

Sure hope we can get the 2 HS OF's signed (Embree & Ruiz). We have a major lack of OF talent throughout the minors. I am really surprised that the Tribe only drafted 3 OF prospects an all of them are late rounders. We need to at least get these young high upside HS OF's signed this year to bring up the OF talent gap. Maybe some of the other infielders can be converted but most of those MIF guys drafted are all low power and more contact hitters that are good athletes.

Also, with Ruiz he strictly used wood bats in HS. He may be the only HS bat prospect that uses wood bats all the time. He had a .600 batting average with wood last year so there should not be any transition period going from aluminum to wood. Lets get Embree and Ruiz signed pronto! They definitely do not want to start their college careers at the community college level where they will be playing next year if no deal is made.
Last edited by toledobuck on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toledobuck
Rookie Baller

Postby buck84 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:19 pm

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/201 ... it/?sports

Embree will just have to wait
Indians yet to offer a contract.

By RUS BAER
Friday, June 24, 2011

Moberly Monitor-Index
Corey Embree of Moberly was chosen by the Indians in the 47th round of the MLB draft. Cleveland has not yet made a contract offer.
ADVERTISEMENT

In the game of baseball, there’s a lot of waiting around.

Rookie and short-season leagues started last weekend for major league affiliates, but Embree is still in Moberly waiting for a contract offer from the Indians. Embree was told by the Indians that the organization had several players return to rookie ball from last year. The Indians plan to use the first few weeks of the season to evaluate those returning players before bringing in new players.

“They’ll play the first couple weeks and then” after cuts “they’ll bring in the new people,” Embree said. “They want me to sign, and I want to sign. They just told me to stay in game shape so, whenever I get the call, I’ll be ready.”

Although he has a scholarship offer to Maple Woods Community College in Kansas City, Embree said he expects to sign a professional contract with the Indians next week and get assigned to their Rookie League affiliate in Goodyear, Ariz., by the middle of next month.

“This whole process hasn’t really made sense to me,” he said, managing a laugh.

buck84
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby TonyIBI » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:48 pm

Hearing that Abel Guerrero may soon be signed. Not 100%, but looks very promising.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby TonyIBI » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:48 am

40th round pick Matt Eureste is officially going to Texas Tech.
TonyIBI
MLB Rookie

Postby Upper Box Woodchuck » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:26 pm

Will Roberts signed, assigned to MV:

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/team/t ... eam_id=114
Upper Box Woodchuck
Single-A Phenom

Postby Rocky55 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:21 pm

Rocky55 wrote:Matt Eureste is an interesting pick. Good size, good speed, polished defensively, really ahtletic. Maybe sticks at SS? I read that his older(and smaller) brother is a defensive specialist for Nichols State. Good D runs in the family. If he hits we might have another late round gem. Hope we sign him.

TonyIPI wrote:40th round pick Matt Eureste is officially going to Texas Tech.

TonyIPI wrote:Hearing that Abel Guerrero may soon be signed. Not 100%, but looks very promising.

Win some, lose some. Hope they keep an eye on Eureste. That's a lot of athletic talent plus an advanced glove.
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby smt1192 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:37 am

Didn't see this anywhere on the site, but the Indians signed JUCO shortstop Evan Frazar, their 27th round draft pick. Hasn't been assigned anywhere yet.
smt1192
Undrafted Free Agent

Postby Rocky55 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:58 am

smt1192 wrote:Didn't see this anywhere on the site, but the Indians signed JUCO shortstop Evan Frazar, their 27th round draft pick. Hasn't been assigned anywhere yet.

Frazar has played a couple of games for the Scrappers.
Rocky55
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby elrod enchilada » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:31 am

The scuttlebutt seems to be that the Tribe will sign the remaining unsigned top 10 picks, which is great. It is especially good because they are all HS guys. That would give us 21/50 in the 2011 draft, somewhat below previous years. In 2010, we signed 27/50, mostly in the top half.

Last year we signed 10 guys between picks in rounds 11 through 25. This year we have signed five guys between 11 and 25, to put it in perspective. That seems to be where the red meat is to be found, though I do not know if the Tribe has wiped out its budget just getting the HS guys in the top ten signed.

Tony, anyone, are there any unsigned guys outside of the top 10 who are in play, especially any that are not just A-ball bench filler like John Barr? Anyone know?
elrod enchilada
Draft Prospect

Postby indianinkslinger » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:11 pm

elrod enchilada wrote:The scuttlebutt seems to be that the Tribe will sign the remaining unsigned top 10 picks, which is great. It is especially good because they are all HS guys. That would give us 21/50 in the 2011 draft, somewhat below previous years. In 2010, we signed 27/50, mostly in the top half.

Last year we signed 10 guys between picks in rounds 11 through 25. This year we have signed five guys between 11 and 25, to put it in perspective. That seems to be where the red meat is to be found, though I do not know if the Tribe has wiped out its budget just getting the HS guys in the top ten signed.

Tony, anyone, are there any unsigned guys outside of the top 10 who are in play, especially any that are not just A-ball bench filler like John Barr? Anyone know?

I have the same question, especially in looking at the MV pitching. I do hope Tony is right about the four remaining top 10 draft choices and suspect he is. I am not at all up to date with the draftees. IPI is my main source of info but I do not see many choices that look signable that might help MV this year. I would like to be wrong so if anyone thinks I do not know what I am talking about, feel free to explain it to me. I am more concerned with the future of the organization with a lack of projectible pitching talent at LC and below. With the two top 10 pitchers, there is some upside in Arizona this year but we seem to be missing pitching talent on two teams the same way we are missing position talent at A+/AA. :search:
indianinkslinger
Triple-A Stud

Postby criznit2009 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:55 pm

As far as pitching goes, it looks like all the high/intersting guys are in the AZL, Sterling, Araujo, Aviles, Sisco and Carmona. Next year will be intersting pitchingwise, I think it looks pretty good. Also Goodnight looks interesting and to early to write off Blair.
criznit2009
Double-A Hot Shot

Postby toledobuck » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:23 pm

Tony- Any new info on the Tribe signing Embree or Ruiz? If you had to put a % on them signing, what would it be? We need some high impact HS OF RH bats in a bad way. What is the deal in signing them as they both seem eager to sign and not excited to move on with a community college.
toledobuck
Rookie Baller

Postby GeronimoSon » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:32 am

Tony.. adding to the list of "have you heard anything about the signing of"...

Cole Pitts? He was a longshot to sign where the Indians drafted him (32nd round, Colquit County) and has a strong commitment to attend Georgia Tech in the fall...
GeronimoSon
MLB Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to Indians Prospect Talk