Tribe-via I: The Questions
The game of baseball is a series of nines. There are nine innings to a game and nine players are on the field for each team. So it's appropriate that the first Tribe-via test is nine questions plus one non-Tribe related question (kind of like the designated hitter). How many can you get right?
1. What are the three other names that the Indians have officially gone by?
2. Name the three Indians to win the MVP award.
3. Match the nickname with the player:
|Big Daddy||Mel Harder|
4. Which Indians owner went by the name of a former Indians player?
5. Who was the Indians first player to log an at bat as a designated hitter?
6. Against what team did Rocky Colavito hit four homers in a game against?
7. Which two managers were traded for each other by Trader Frank Lane?
8, Who broke long-time leader Earl Averill's Indians home run record?
9. In 1911, the forerunner for the All Star game was played at League Park with the All Stars defeating the Cleveland Naps 5-3. Why was this game played?
Non-Indians Bonus: Until Barry Bonds entered the club, Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth and Willie Mays were the top 3 home run hitters in MLB history. What unique aspect of their career beginning and ending do these three (Aaron, Ruth and Mays) share.
We will give a few days for people to post their answers in the comments section below. Try to do these without first viewing the comments below and most of all without first looking them up on the internet! We will post the answers with some long detailed information in a separate posting in a few days.
3- Cuckoo Ken Keltner
Big Daddy Stan Williams
Chief Charlie Jamieson
Butch Mel Harder
Bo George Srtickland
4 -Steve O'Neill
5- John Ellis
7- Jimmie Dykes and Joe Gordon
9- Benefit for Addie Joss
Bonus-They ended their careers in the same city as they started but for different teams in different leagues.