Here are the box scores from Monday's inter-squad games at Goodyear between Columbus/Akron and Kinston/Lake County. Some quick notes from the box scores:
- RHP Danny Salazar had a good outing, going three shutout innings and throwing 10 first pitch strikes to the 13 batters he faced. He may not get a lot of strikeouts, but he fills up the zone with strikes.
- LHP T.J. House had a rough outing yesterday, giving up 3 runs (2 earned) on 7 hits. Command appears to have been the issue as he was battling from behind to half the hitters as he threw just 7 first pitch strikes to the 14 batters he faced.
- On the flipside, RHP Marty Popham had a nice outing going 3 shutout innings and throwing first pitch strikes to 9 of 11 batters faced.
- RHP Dave Roberts struggled in his 2 innings of work, allowing 2 hits, 3 walks, and 2 runs.
- RHP Yohan Pino had a nice outing going 4 innings and allowing no earned runs (1 unearned run). He allowed just 2 hits, 1 walk and had 1 strikeout while throwing first pitch strikes to 9 of 16 batters.
- 2B Jason Kipnis is having a great camp so far. He hit a home run on Sunday, and yesterday he went 3-for-4 with a 2B and 3B.
- OF Tim Fedroff had a rough day at the plate going 0-for-4 with 3 strikeouts.
- Nice to see 3B Jared Goedert with a solid showing with a HR.
The 2013 Cleveland Indians Baseball Insider book featuring the Indians' Top 100 Prospects and more is now available. Also, previous editions from 2008-2012 are also available at a discounted rate. Just click on the book image for more information. Thanks again for all the support!