Pre-order the new 2011 Indians book!
February 14, 2011
For those interested in purchasing the book it runs $20.95 (plus shipping) and is even bigger and better than last year's version. Your purchase will make a great contribution to keeping the IPI alive and well and continue the growth of the site. For those interested, I also have some copies of the 2008, 2009, and 2010 books available for a very discounted rate.
Right now there is just one way to purchase the book, and that is through me. I will be getting a rush supply directly to my home sometime in the next few days which I will be distributing to those who have submitted pre-orders. It will eventually be available on Amazon.com, team shops, and other retail outlets, but it will be several weeks before that happens. I will post a note when it becomes available through those other channels.
You can make a payment to me on-line by check or credit card through PayPal by using the order form located on the bottom of this page (there is also one in the upper right panel of the page). Those who do not want to use PayPal and wish to send a check or money order by US Mail, please contact me directly and I will provide my address for you to send payment. Also, for International customers, please do not use the order form and instead contact me by using the contact form so we can make arrangements. The hyperlinked contact form is also located at the top of the site and goes right to my e-mail (I am not showing my e-mail and mailing address for privacy/spam reasons).
The finals details are still being worked out today, but the book will be about 215-220+ pages in length and once again in the 6 x 9 format. The book features scouting reports on 175+ players in the Cleveland Indians system, with all scouting reports being updated from last year. The book also includes over 60 completely new scouting reports on players not listed in last year's book, 25 of which are in the Top 100 listing! A scouting report on every 2010 Draft pick is provided and the Top 15 Latin players who recently signed or played in the Dominican Summer League last year are also provided.
As always, in addition to the scouting reports the book serves as a handy reference guide throughout the season not only for the minor leagues but for the big league team as well. The book includes a listing of the top prospects at each position, 3-year ranking history, affiliate information, 2010 Draft results, projected opening rosters from Cleveland to Lake County, Rule 5 Draft eligibles from 2011-2014, 2010 released players recap, 2010 transactions, 2011 minor league spring training schedule, 2011 complete Indians minor league schedule, and more!
There have also been several enhancements and additions this year that are ONLY in the book:
- New individual tools grades: These are listed with the scouting report for each player in the Top 100. This is a new feature only in the book and was added by popular request to show a quick snapshot of each player's abilities.
- Individual player transactions: This is a listing under each scouting report so you can see when each player in the Top 100 was moved to a new team or went on the disabled list.
- "Best Tools": This listing ranks the best in the system in several tools categories.
- Previous ranking: This is a small update added by popular request so people can see where prospects were ranked the previous year.
- Upside and value grades: Grades to show what kind of upside and ML value the each player in the Top 100 has.
- Latin Top 15 prospects: This was increased from 10 to 15 players this year and profiles all the top talent coming stateside this year from last year's Dominican Summer League team or who were recently signed in the past year.
- 2010 Draft scouting reports: Scouting reports for all of the players selected and signed from the 2010 Draft.
- College stats: Stats for all college players from the 2010 Draft.
- Remaining options: This is a detailed listing showing the options outlook for players on the 40-man roster and some who are not on the roster (this is available on the site).
- 2010 Transactions: All the transactions from 2010 in a new easy to view comprehensive listing that makes it easy to follow all the moves in order from the start of the season until the end of the playoffs.
- Payroll and player control outlook: A 7-year outlook for the Cleveland Indians 40-man roster with yearly payroll information, service time, arbitration, and free agent eligibility (this is available on the site).
- 2010 playoff and winter league stats: All the stats from the playoffs last year for Columbus, Kinston and Lake County as well as the stats for the players who played in offseason fall/winter leagues (this is available on the site).