ATF: December 2
December 3, 2011
- Andrew Campbell (DH, Brisbane Bandits): 1-for-3, 2 R, 2 BB, K. Campbell’s first action out in the ABL in almost two weeks. Ah, such is the life of a young 19-year old prospect playing winter ball for his native country. In any case, he reached base in 3 of his 5 plate appearances; easily his best effort in 5 games played this offseason.
- Moisses Montero (C, Estrellas de Oriente): 0-for-1, K. Montero was a late game replacement and struck out in his only plate appearance. He has been out in the Dominican Republic for awhile this offseason but has just 3 at bats in 2 games played.
- Giovanni Soto (RP, Gigantes de Carolina): 1.1 IP, 1 H, 1 R/ER, 2 BB, 0 K. Soto gave up the winning run in the bottom of the 9th inning and was saddled with the loss. It was his worst performance in 9 outings out in Puerto Rico and he still has a allowed just 2 runs in 10.1 innings pitched.
- Giovanny Urshela (3B, Cartagena Tigres): 1-for-3, R, 3B. Urshela is off to a slow start as he is just 3-for-19 at the plate in his first 5 games out in Colombia.
- Ezequiel Carrera (CF, Navegantes del Magallanes): 1-for-5, K, SB. Carrera swiped his 9th stolen base and is still holding a solid .754 OPS in 30 games. He is still just a depth option for the Indians in 2012, but the extra time in Venezuela should help him be more prepared for any opportunity that comes his way next season.
- Paolo Espino (RP, Tiburones de la Guaira): 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K. You pitch poorly as a starter and you will be banished to mop up duty, and that is exactly what looks to have happened to Espino as he came on the bottom of the 9th inning to record the last out of a 6-0 game.
Follow Tony and the Indians Prospect Insider on Twitter @TonyIPI. Also, his latest book the 2011 Cleveland Indians Top 100 Prospects & More is available for purchase for $20.95 to customers in the US (shipping and handling extra).
Follow Tony and the Indians Prospect Insider on Twitter @TonyIBI. Also, his new book the 2013 Cleveland Indians Baseball Insider which profiles the Indians' Top 100 Prospects and more is available for sale.