Around the Farm: September 9
September 10, 2010
- Zach McAllister-SP, Columbus: 5 2/3 IP, 5 H, 4 R (1 ER), 4 K, BB. McAllister was unable to pick up his defense in the 6th, giving up two HR with two outs after an error to open the inning.
- Jess Todd-RP, Columbus: IP, 2 K. J.R. Todd finished the regular season with 53 K in 49 AAA innings.
- Aaron Laffey-RP, Columbus: 1 1/3 IP, H, BB. Pretty typical outing for Laffey. Gave up a couple of baserunners, but induced a double play grounder to stay out of trouble.
- Wes Hodges-DH, Columbus: 1-4, HR (1), 2 RBI, R, BB, 2 K. Big fly for Hodges for his only hit in the series so far.
- Ezequiel Carrera-OF, Columbus: 2-2, RBI, 4 BB, R, SB. The 23-year old Venezuelan is hitting .667 in the two playoff games so far, with a pair of stolen bases.
- Austin Adams-SP, Kinston: 4 2/3 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 5 K, 2 BB. Solid start for Adams, but the offense couldn't scratch across a run to support him.
- Chris Jones-RP, Kinston: 3 IP, H, K. Part of last weeks combined no-no, Jonesey threw three innings of effective relief last night to give the offense a chance to climb back into the game.
- Kyle Bellows- 3B, Kinston: 1-3, 2B. Bellows powered one of the K-Tribe's 4 hits last night, and the only XBH.
- Abner Abreu-OF, Kinston: 0-2, BB, K. Walk an good sign for Abreu. By all accounts, he's becoming much better with his pitch recognition and I expect a big bounceback year from him in 2011.
- Vidal Nuno-SP, Lake County: 5 IP, 10 H, 4 ER, 7 K. Nuno was in the strike zone all night last night...maybe a little too much as he gave up 10 hits.
- Tyler Holt-OF, Lake County: 1-3, BB, SB. Like Kinston, the Caps only had four hits yesterday and were shutout. Holt had one of the four.