Around the Farm: September 19
September 20, 2010
Here is a quick look at yesterday's Lake County performance. The positions listed below are where the player was playing in yesterday's (playoff) game.
Vidal Nuno - SP, Lake County: 6.2 IP, 3 H, 1 R/ER, 2 BB, 12 K, HR.
An absolutely dominating outing by Nuno in perhaps his biggest start of his amateur and professional career. He gave up a solo home run on the very first pitch of the game - his only mistake the entire game - and then after that proceeded to shutdown the Kings and rack up a career high 12 strikeouts. He had hitters baffled all night as he was on his A-game and the hitters were unable to touch his secondary stuff. In 17.0 postseason innings the 48th round 2009 Draft pick now has 25 strikeouts. It was his final appearance of the season, and he went out with a bang.
- Jose Flores - RP, Lake County: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 2 R/ER, 1 BB, 0 K. Did not look sharp at all and labored in the 8th inning before giving way to Jimenez.
- Francisco Jimenez - RP, Lake County: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K. Came in with one out and runners on first and second with 2-1 lead....three pitches later he had allowed two hits and both inherited runners to score and Captains down 3-2.
- Greg Folgia - RF, Lake County: 2-for-4, 2B, RBI. He's been the money man all postseason getting the big hits to drive in runs, and came through in the 7th with two outs with another big RBI which at the time looked like could be the game winner.
- Delvi Cid - CF, Lake County: 0-for-4, 3 K. Had two different at bats where he was hitting with a runner on 3rd, and both times struckout and the run did not score.
- Tyler Holt - DH, Lake County: 0-for-4, 2 K. Not going to win many games when your 1-2 hitters in lineup combine to gor 0-for-8 with 5 K. Ouch.
- Adam Abraham - 3B, Lake County: 0-for-4, 3 K. Having a rough postseason hitting .175 with 10 Ks in 40 at bats.
- Roberto Perez - C, Lake County: 1-for-3, R, 2B, K. Leadoff double in 5th led to first Captains run.