Around the Farm: October 28
October 29, 2010
- Chen Lee - RP, Peoria Javelinas: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R/ER, 0 BB, 1 K. A clean outing for Lee, something that has been tough to come by in the early going for him. To be expected when you throw 15 of 20 pitches for strikes (75%).
- Cord Phelps - DH, Peoria Javelinas: 1-for-3, R, 2 BB, K, SB. Phelps is showing all kinds of top of the order ability at the plate so far in the AFL with a .432 on-base%, more walks than strikeouts (9:7), and 3 stolen bases.
- Jason Kipnis - 2B, Peoria Javelinas: 1-for-4, R, 2B. Now just one multi-hit game in 11 games in the AFL, and aside from the one outstanding outing in his one multi-hit game where he went 2-for-5 with a 3B, HR, and 5 RBI, his production in the other ten games has been poor.
- Matt McBride - RF, Gigantes del Cibao: 0-for-3, 1 BB. McBride is now 1 for his last 10 at the plate, and in 22 total at bats has just 1 RBI and two extra base hits.
- Lucas Montero - PH, Gigantes del Cibao: 0-for-1, K. Montero gets a rare at bat as a pinch hitter late in the game but strikes out. Has played in just three games as a sub and has two official plate appearances.
- Jose Constanza - CF, Toros del Este: 1-for-3, BB. Constanza may only be a 4th outfielder at best in the big leagues, but it is going to still sting a little when the Indians lose him this offseason to minor league free agency. He could still resign, but why would he with how buried he is in the outfield?
- Luke Carlin - C, Aguilas Cibanes: 0-for-2, K. Late game sub, and continues to serve in a backup capacity and do very little at the plate when given an opportunity.
- Juan Diaz - SS, Estrelles de Oriente: 1-for-3, R, K. The first true appearance in a game for Diaz. He had played on Oct 24th, but did not record an official at bat.
- Luis Valbuena - SS, Cardenales de Lara: 0-for-2, 2 R, 3 BB. Valbuena is getting a lot of playing time in Venezuela, and has moved around the field between second, third and short. He is only hitting .234, but even though it has just been 14 games, it is interesting to note he has 10 walks to just 4 strikeouts (47 AB).
- Ezequiel Carrera - OF, Navegantes del Magallanes: 2-for-3, R. The guy who essentially killed any chance for Constanza to make the big league roster. Has now hit in four straight contests and is 7-for-14 in those games.
- Jared Goedert - 1B, Leones del Caracas: 1-for-3, R. Goedert has been playing a lot of first base in Venezuela. He was also taken out of the game in the later innings, so hopefully he is healthy. He had missed three straight games on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday before playing again Wednesday.