Around The Farm: October 18, 2012
By Jim Piascik
October 19, 2012
Around the Farm (ATF) takes a quick look at some of yesterday’s performances by Indians prospects throughout the system. This is a special fall and winter ball version of ATF that recaps all the offseason action by Indians players in the Arizona Fall League (AFL) and the Caribbean Leagues. The positions listed below are where the player was playing in yesterday’s game.
Here is the rundown of what Indians players in fall and winter ball did yesterday:
Arizona Fall League
- Tyler Holt (LF): 1-for-4, 2 RBI, 1 BB, 1 CS. Holt got Scottsdale's scoring started early, singling home two runs in the second inning. Holt also got picked off first base to end the inning, but he is holding his own so far in the AFL (6-for-19, 1:4 SO:BB, two steals in seven games).
- Alex Monsalve (C): 1-for-3, 2 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB. The higher-level of competition has been a little tough on Monsalve so far, but he did not have much trouble today.
- Matt Packer (RP): 2.0 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO, 1 HR. Packer pitched pretty well yesterday except for allowing a home run to Jonathan Schoop. Other than that home run, Packer's AFL has gone fairly smoothly (two earned runs in six innings, 4:0 SO:BB).
- Trey Haley (RP): 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0 SO, 1 E. Haley started his outing with an error, but he induced two double play balls and generally limited damage. He was not overpowering from a strikeout perspective, but it's good to see Haley succeed without the punchouts.
Venezuelan Winter League
- Jesus Aguilar (1B): 1-for-4, 1 2B, 1 RBI, 3 SO. Aguilar's first at-bat was an RBI double. His last three were strikeouts. The power is nice, but Aguilar's 12 strikeouts in 20 at-bats is concerning.
If you want to follow Jim, he’s @JimPiascik. If you want to e-mail him, you can do so at email@example.com
If you want to follow Jim on Twitter, he’s @JimPiascik. If you want to e-mail him, you can do so at firstname.lastname@example.org