Around the Farm: November 12
November 13, 2010
- Jason Kipnis - 3B, Peoria Javelinas: 2-for-5, R, 2 2B, RBI, K. The batting is slowly creeping up (.231) but still a nice OPS (.840) thanks to a very good slugging% (.554). Now 12 of his 15 hits have gone for extra bases.
- Roberto Perez - C, Peoria Javelinas: 2-for-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI, BB, K. Easily Perez's best game to date in the AFL as he got on base in three of his five plate appearances and gunned down the only attempted base-stealer.
- Scott Barnes - SP, Peoria Javelinas: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R/ER, 2 BB, 3 K. Another solid outing for Barnes, and in 6 starts covering 21.2 innings has allowed 21 hits, 6 walks, and has 24 strikeouts. With the AFL wrapping up next Thursday, it may have been his last start.
- Eric Berger - RP, Peoria Javelinas: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K. Berger's best outing to date in the AFL as he was dominant in his two innings. Nice to see no walks to go with four strikeouts, and 22 of his 27 pitches went for strikes....more of that!
- Bryan Price - RP, Peoria Javelinas: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K. A solid outing for Price, though only 13 of his 23 pitches went for strikes. Still he worked his way through two innings without encountering any trouble.
- Matt McBride - 1B-RF, Gigantes del Cibao: 3-for-5, 2 R, 2B, HR, 3 RBI, K. McBride with two extra base hits and 3 RBI. Now with 5 HR and 12 RBI in 18 games.
- Montero, Lucas - LF, Gigantes del Cibao: 1-for-4, RBI, K. Since being inserted into the starting lineup Montero continues to hold his own hitting at the bottom of the Gigantes lineup.
- Ezequiel Carrera - CF, Navegantes del Magallanes: 1-for-4, R, RBI, K, 2 SB. Carrera with two stolen bases, which give him 8 to date. Getting a chance to play everyday as the tablesetter at the top of the lineup out in Venezuela.
- Karexon Sanchez - 2B, Leones del Caracas: 0-for-0. Sanchez made his Venezuela debut as a late game substitution and did not record an official at bat.
- Nick Weglarz - LF, Leones del Caracas: 1-for-3, R, RBI, BB, K. A solid debut for the big red-headed Canadian out in Venezuela. Pretty much a typical stat line for Weglarz with a walk, strikeout, and hit.
- Luis Valbuena - LF, Cardenales de Lara: 0-for-3, R, BB. Another 0-fer for Valbuena on the night, but most interesting is him starting out in left field.