Around the Farm: May 19
May 20, 2011
Tim Fedroff - LF, Akron: 5-7, R, RBI.
Fedroff's bat is simply on fire. In his past ten games, he's hitting a staggering .488 (20-41), with 4 doubles and a triple, and driving in 10 runs. On the season, he's hitting .364, with a line of .404/.488/.893. He's second in the league in batting average, fifth in hits, sixth in OBP, and ninth in OPS. The one knock to Fedroff, at this point, is his lack of extra base hits. Of his 47 hits, ten of them have gone for extra bases (6 2B, 2 3B, 2 HR). Regardless, Fedroff is finding ways to get on base and contribute heavily to the Aeros offense.
- Beau Mills - DH, Akron: 1-5, R. Freshly activated off the disabled list, Mills managed a hit in his return.
- Joe Gardner - SP, Akron: 6 IP, 4 H, ER/R, BB, 5 K. Gardner returned to his normal form and pitched a solid outing, earning himself his third win of the season.
- Cory Burns - CP, Akron: IP, 2 K. Burns is also another guy who is returning to form and returning to be the reliable closer for the Aeros.
- Casey Frawley - SS, Kinston: 2-4, R, RBI, K. Every now and then, you'll hear about Frawley. He's a guy who flies under the radar for some people.
- Abner Abreu - RF, Kinston: 1-4, R, 2B. Abreu lacks consistency to this point and can't seem to put it all together.
- Cole Cook - SP, Kinston: 5.2 IP, 8 H, 2 ER/3 R, 5 K. Cook has been far from impressive this season, but that's not to say he's been terrible. He's been very average and falling back to Earth, in terms of his potential.
- Ronny Rodriguez - SS, Lake County: 1-9, R, HR, RBI, K. An interesting prospect to watch. He's an 18-year-old kid who's still very raw, but has tons of ability and upside.
- Giovanny Urshela - 3B, Lake County: 3-9, R, RBI, K. Urshela has been struggling at the plate recently, but faired decently well in the double header.
- Anthony Gallas - RF, Lake County: 4-7, 2 2B, RBI, 2 BB, K. Gallas continues to shine and impress this season, who raised his batting average to .364.
- Kyle Blair - SP, Lake County: 2.2 IP, 5 H, 8 ER/R, 6 BB, 2 K, HR. What an outing to forget for the young pitcher Blair. Had problems with his command all game and it really came back to haunt him.
- Trey Haley - RP, Lake County: 2 IP, 2 K. It seems like Haley has been in Lake County for what seems like ages now. Haley is finally starting to show some consistency this season.