Around the Farm: May 18
May 19, 2011
Steven Wright - SP, Lake County: 6 IP, H, 3 BB, 3 K.
Wright has definitely opened a lot of eyes this season, including mine. He's off to one hell of a start. In six starts this season, he holds a 1.71 ERA. He's pitched 31.2 innings in his six starts, allowing 24 hits and only one home run, surrendering 17 walks and striking out 24. His walk to strike out ratio isn't very impressive, but Wright isn't known to be a guy who is consistently trying to miss bats. That said, he's still holding his opponents to a .214 average.
- Cord Phelps - SS, Columbus: 2-4, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 BB, K. Phelps continues to make his case for a promotion and has done nothing to hurt his stock.
- Lonnie Chisenhall - 3B, Columbus: 2-4, RBI. He's improved his batting average to .284 and is beginning to live up to his hype.
- Jason Kipnis - 2B, Columbus: 1-3, R. Kipnis continues to impress with his bat and is near major league ready offensively.
- Jerad Head - RF, Columbus: 1-2, 2 R, K. Head is sporting a sick .356 batting average and is really making a case to be promoted, but I'm still not entirely sold on his major league potential.
- Jordan Henry - CF, Akron: 3-6, 3 R, 3B, K. Hitting .310 on the year, he really is making it easy to reinforce my opinion that he's a future fourth outfielder in the major leagues. (That's a compliment.)
- Tim Fedroff - LF, Akron: 3-5, 3 R, 3B, 3 RBI, BB, K. Fedroff has really come out of the gate swinging and may be the first Akron outfielder to earn a promotion to Columbus when ready.
- Chun Chen - C, Akron: 2-4, 2 R, RBI, K. Chen continues to improve at Akron, but will likely be in Akron for the foreseeable future.
- Kelvin De La Cruz - SP, Akron: 4.2 IP, 6 H, 5 ER/R, 3 BB, 8 K. De La Cruz continues to worry me, especially in regards to his command.
- Kyle Bellows - 3B, Akron: 2-4, R, HR, 6 RBI, BB. If anyone needed to have a break out game, it was Bellows, who has really struggled at the plate this season.
- Nick Hagadone - RP, Akron: 2 IP, BB, 2 K. No hits, no runs given up. Need I say more?
- Bo Greenwell - RF, Kinston: 1-4, R, 2B, RBI. As bad as this is going to come off, I'm more interested to see how Greenwell performs in August than now. He always seems to fade.
- Adam Abraham - 3B, Kinston: 3-4, R, 2B, HR, 4 RBI. Hasn't particularly impressed in most games, but he's come through in the clutch in some key games.
- Drew Pomeranz - SP, Kinston: 6 IP, 5 H, 2 ER/R, 3 BB, 6 K. Solid start for Pomeranz. Not overly impressive, but nevertheless, a quality outing.
- LeVon Washington - CF, Lake County: 2-3, 2 R, RBI, BB. Great contribution by Washington, who is still adjusting to the professional game.
- Jesus Aguilar - 1B, Lake County: 2-4, RBI, K. Aguilar is building a nice season for himself and is someone the Indians have to keep an eye on.
- Anthony Gallas - RF, Lake County: 1-4. Gallas has quickly become a fan favorite and with good reason; he's hitting .352. As Nick Gilbert would say, "What's not to like?"