Around the Farm: Instructs & AZPL 9/26
September 28, 2011
Here are the game reports for both the Fall Instructional League and Arizona Parallel League (AZPL) teams played on Monday.
For those who do not know the AZPL is considered advanced Instructional League. The Indians and Reds share a team and it is primarily to get some older players more playing opportunities against like competition.
Instructional League Game #4: September 26 vs. Brewers
- LeVon Washington (CF): 0-for-4, 2 K. Washington not off to the greatest of starts in Instructs hitting 1-for-10 with 3 Ks.
- Tyler Holt (LF): 0-for-4, R, 2 K. That is 6 Ks in 11 at bats for Holt so far in Instructs.
- Tony Wolters (2B): 0-for-4, K. Wolters one of many hitters struggling in the early going. Now just 1-for-12 in four games.
- Jesus Aguilar (1B): 0-for-1, RBI, 2 BB. Aguilar went hitless but still managed to reach base in 2 of 3 plate appearances and also get an RBI.
- Leonardo Castillo (DH): 0-for-4. Castillo now just 1-for-11 in four games though he has not struck out.
- Giovanny Urshela (3B): 1-for-2, K. Urshela disappointed some this season with the bat, so a strong finish in Instructs would be welcomed.
- Jorge Martinez (3B): 0-for-2. Martinez could be the starting third baseman or shortstop at Mahoning Valley next year.
- Bryson Myles (RF): 0-for-1. Myles has been sharing a lot of the right field duties with L-Rod. That's an impressive duo right there, and arguably the two most exciting players in the organization.
- Luigi Rodriguez (RF): 1-for-2, R. Rodriguez is capping off a very good breakout season as a prospect in the Indians system.
- Alex Lavisky (C): 0-for-1. Lavisky gave way to Lowery for most of the playing time at catcher for this game.
- Jake Lowery (C): 1-for-2, R. The steady Lowery gets another hit and has now reached base in 8 of 11 plate appearances.
- Robel Garcia (2B): 0-for-2, BB. The versatile Garcia could be a big part of the Lake County team next year.
- Ronny Rodriguez (SS): 0-for-1, K. Rodriguez continues to share time at shortstop with Lindor.
- Francisco Lindor (SS): 1-for-1, 2 RBI, BB. Lindor has now reached base in 4 of 8 plate appearances this fall.
- Mike Rayl (SP): 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K. That is now four shutout innings for Rayl in two appearances in Instructs.
- Trey Haley (RP): 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K. Not to make a big deal of a small sample size, but gotta love Haley